Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tbf it did take a deflection. And apparently he was outstanding for the Millers tonight in keeping the score down.

£1m release clause according to the Star!

Known about for years (you are, after all, quoting the Star). Available to be used in the last transfer window. Not activated by any of the 43 clubs currently ahead of Rotherham in the league at the time.

Known about for years (you are, after all, quoting the Star). Available to be used in the last transfer window. Not activated by any of the 43 clubs currently ahead of Rotherham in the league at the time.
It says it’s only active in the summer…

Low release clause will mean a bigger sign on fee for the player

It says it’s only active in the summer…

The understanding I had is was there was a "fuck all" release clause at any time which is a rounding error in the accounts for any club bigger than Rotherham, then an "even less than fuck all" clause that activates if/when Rotherham go down.

It’s now irrelevant if he signs or not, he’s cemented his place in the all-time players we spent ages rumoured with Sheffield United XI and nobody can take that away from him.
Morsy and Koumasesque

What's the betting that, if we sell Grbic, we'll get less than the fee we paid even though that fee reflected that he had 6 months left on his contract....

He does have a profile that will lure someone in to buy him though so I don't think we'll be stuck with him if we don't want to be. A number 2 role somewhere would suit him, maybe in Saudi or the MLS

Problem is that if it becomes a bidding war for Johansson, we may struggle to compete.

What's the betting that, if we sell Grbic, we'll get less than the fee we paid even though that fee reflected that he had 6 months left on his contract....

He does have a profile that will lure someone in to buy him though so I don't think we'll be stuck with him if we don't want to be. A number 2 role somewhere would suit him, maybe in Saudi or the MLS
Aye if Olsen can do it...

Problem is that if it becomes a bidding war for Johansson, we may struggle to compete.

If he has a release clause, which it is widely believed to be the case, there is no bidding war, it then comes down to who offers the best terms. Same sort of thing for sure, but it is not as if another club can just say to Rotherham they'll pay twice as much in transfer fee and that'll get it done, it doesn't work like that

He's been number 2 here tbf 💩

I heard we were interested in Swift, but WBA paid him around £40k a week. Madness.

Just for comparison as this is for the season after West Brom signed him. On a free transfer. While in receipt of parachute payments. How dare a high end Championship team pay a high end Championship player what would not unreasonably be regarded as high end Championship wages

Just for comparison as this is for the season after West Brom signed him. On a free transfer. While in receipt of parachute payments. How dare a high end Championship team pay a high end Championship player what would not unreasonably be regarded as high end Championship wages

It's a free market. Plus obviously on a free, and got him ahead of competition. But I wonder whether any of our players would have been on £40k that season. Berge perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom