Roy's View From... View From Watford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"worse we played all afternoon" - yeah pal. That's why you were rock bottom of the league before today 🙄🙄🙄

I agree, 1st half especially, they did what we do. They made us look like a group of limited players, not the well oiled machine we have been.
This game shows to me how well we have done to get here, also why I think Watford will survive. We are doing great but have limitations. Watford look organized and with a backbone, should have enough.

Fair comments for the most part. We did look quite direct at times and the crossfield punt and try to win knock downs and get balls in was our main tactic. Watford of course scored from a long ball too. It was a poor game and two poor sides. We all get annoyed when players/pundits slag us off but Deeney's words based on how we played today were not far off sadly as we were quite limited today. They were as bad of course. Draw a fair result.

They seemed well prepared and we kept losing possession in midfield. I think we sort of accepted we lacked rhythm and decided we had to adjust our passing to reduce the number of breaks for them.

In the main pretty fair comments. On TV it looked a poor match. But will take a draw.

Theread this:

“They got lucky, never hurt us all afternoon and that’s the worse we’ve played all season. Fact”

Aye, right Foster had two point blank saves. Knob!

Cheers Roy, as ever.

We were much better than them, despite being way off our best.

We could easily have won that game, but I’ll stop just short of should.

They will be much happier with that point than us, as the comments seem to reflect.

Thanks Roy.

Glad someone else noticed we were better than them, despite our being pretty average. They sat deep and barely threatened to open us up other than the goal.

Nothing wrong with playing on the break, and having gone behind I wasn’t too unhappy with a point. They made it hard for us. But just having teams playing that way against us shows our progress.

If Warnock was our manager he’d have been saying we were robbed after a game like that. Times have changed.

Could see that result coming a mile off, even before the match started.

We've been on a good run, but have our 'off' days, like every other team, and Watford have a bit of fire in their belly now Pearson has taken charge, not to mention the kind of quality that saw them reach the FA cup final last season. Only Fosters incredible save prevented us from taking the victory, but at the same time i wouldn't have been surprised to see them shithouse their way to a scrappy 1-0 victory, so i'm also grateful we pulled it back after going behind.

What did Deeney say about our style? I've clearly missed that

What a tame ounce of nothingness of a club Watford really are. They're up there with Reading as 'nice', meaningless, middle of nowhere clubs that noone really cares about.

"Oh shit no, look out boys, here come the hornets to duff us up and out play us at football"

Said noone.

They're supporters were like a bunch of young 'uns, who didn't want to dance at the youth club, until the cider had kicked in....

Watford worked hard and pressed , stopped our trademark wide triangels high in the field, and made us play very direct, surface also slowed us down. They hurt the team machine today, and we don't have the individuals to pass players. The passing wasn't up to standard today, still we had the chances to win it. Foster 9 says it all.

A game nobody will remember.

And I still cant be arsed to slag them off. Because it's Watford and at the end of the day, I'm not even sure Watford fans care what they do

They are rapidly replacing Norwich as unexpected wankers. Hope they go down the cunts. And that away following was a fucking disgrace, it was like we were back in legaue 1.
Due to a 3 hour delay on the M1 due to a serious accident many didn’t manage to get here in time for the kick off and went home

Due to a 3 hour delay on the M1 due to a serious accident many didn’t manage to get here in time for the kick off and went home

Any excuse.

PS - hope nobody was seriously injured.

Surprised you got so many views from with with their pathetic away support. Two coaches and a taxi, tinpot at best.

They strike me as the sort of fans who go to Wetherspoons before the game, order 1-2 pints of a shit, nothing drink like Bulmers - but without too much ice as they don't want to hurt their teeth, with it being too cold. They then order a cheese and ham panini but complain that it's a little bit dry and they've run out of mayo, then they take a slow wander to the away end, buy a programme and patiently wait for the game to pass and their coach ride home, hoping that they stop at a half decent services on the way back. They won't buy anything though, because y'know, the prices are too marked up in service stations, so they'll just have that warm Milky Way bar that they've had in their pocket all day.

Got to love an away day.

Their performance was much better than I expected. They played a semi-attacking game away from home. More than Villa managed.

Overall fair comments.

Nearly as deluded as the S6 cunts. Hope they fukin burn.

Cheers Roy 👍

Some fair comments and the usual cretins filtered amongst them .

Elton John would have been better pumping his millions into his home town club Grimsby, what a pathetic away following. What's more they have the fuckin cheek to say we are horrible to watch after they have one effort on target all game. Surprised at their tactics to be honest draws are not good enough for them at the moment they need wins. After all the pre match comments I expected them to attack but no time wasting early in the second half. MOTM Foster although he knew very little about the save from Fleck. Pearson might make them hard to beat but not sure if that will be enough to save them.
Elton John's home town club is Grimsby? Say WHATTTT??

Back
Top Bottom