Roy's View From... View From Luton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A poor mans View From is doing the rounds on Porktalk. It differs slightly from Roy’s in that he gives as broad a range of comments, Blades shit, Blades fans shit, Wendy bigger etc times many,, it’s all positive from Oxford. :)

Vintage pork talk

Atmosphere has been pretty non existent all season, such a shame when we are getting such big crowds, other teams now seem to have their ultra groups who sing non stop, we have nothing like that
Was same away at derby, need to step it up

Atmosphere was rubbish because Luton are a tinpot club who didn't lay a glove on us in 90 minutes apart from the offside.
It's been like that every game this season. Its almost like we can't be arsed to sing because we used to be a Premier League club and singing in the Championship would be beneath us.

And what was the mobile phones all about? Thought I was at a Little Mix gig

Our fan base is so shit that yesterday's attendance for a mid table championship game against one of the most meh! teams in the country was only 3000 higher than their f a cup semi final attendance against Wimbledon!
Sort it out Blades . Pigs would've got 60000

Atmosphere was reasonable on Kop. Didn’t hear a peep out of them for entire 90 min.
Stadiums hardly going to be bouncing for a mid table clash against tinpot Luton

I've been to one match abroad, watching Sampdoria, end of season 2017, nothing to play for, and lost 4-2, but the atmosphere was brilliant, all standing in their main stand.
I think there's enough Blades who enjoy a good atmosphere, regardless of what's going on on the pitch.....it's just getting them together, I believe safe standing will help that!!

Or we might end up with a couple thousand who love complaining about standing up for 90 minutes.. 🤣🤣

It's been like that every game this season. Its almost like we can't be arsed to sing because we used to be a Premier League club and singing in the Championship would be beneath us.

And what was the mobile phones all about? Thought I was at a Little Mix gig
I think it's a combination of lots of things.

A long break with COVID combined with a truly awful season and relegation.

Any expectations of a quick bounce back being shattered with the realisation that we don't have a pot to piss in.

The failure of the Serbian followed by what many see as a cheap managerial appointment which doesn't set us up to kick on.

2 poor results prior to this game which suggest mid table is it.

Finished of by a kids cheap ticket deal bringing an influx of new spectators ( who think it's like going to a pop concert).

The lane can be an electric place to be but the circumstances have to be right.

Yesterday wasn't that day. My daughter took her boyfriend to his first game and I said on the way down. " Why have you picked today? It will be a poor game and atmosphere".

As a footnote, we played well and I think Hecky is doing a good job. Work in progress, hopefully when Luton come back next season they may see see the real thing.

I've been to one match abroad, watching Sampdoria, end of season 2017, nothing to play for, and lost 4-2, but the atmosphere was brilliant, all standing in their main stand.
I think there's enough Blades who enjoy a good atmosphere, regardless of what's going on on the pitch.....it's just getting them together, I believe safe standing will help that!!

Or we might end up with a couple thousand who love complaining about standing up for 90 minutes.. 🤣🤣
The seating on the lop kills it. You've had the same people in the same seats for decades. The prominent singing areas of old are now populated by old people. That’s why any noise comes from
the corners.

If safe standing is ever introduced at the lane, that will be the one opportunity to get it right and get all the singing fans in one place.
At the minute they're as far away as possible in the back corner of the kop and then a few more spread too sporadically around the ground.

If safe standing is ever introduced at the lane, that will be the one opportunity to get it right and get all the singing fans in one place.
At the minute they're as far away as possible in the back corner of the kop and then a few more spread too sporadically around the ground.

Yes, I'm sure safe standing will come. I think there's plenty of clubs who'll put it in place before us, and the benefits will be there for all to see... Until then #unsafestanding

And true, it's too diluted at the moment. We've shown we can have great atmosphere before, especially when G & H were regular standing areas.

If we had carried playing with intensity once we got the esecond goal it may have been a lot louder but just when the fans got a bit giddy with two quick goals the team soon stopped that by deciding to show they could manage a game from two nil up and not drop points, even against 10 men. Even with playing at just above half pace we made enough good opening to have had 5 or 6. Our inability to pick people out in the box is remarkable.

Yes!

Well that was Salty! Also fucking deluded. "Held them apart from 2 soft goals" and Whinging about parachute payments.

Atmosphere was rubbish because Luton are a tinpot club who didn't lay a glove on us in 90 minutes apart from the offside.
Atmosphere is rubbish against everyone, let’s be honest .

Can we please stop making excuses for our atmosphere being atrocious.There are clubs a lot worse off than us who put us to shame.

Went with some family yesterday who aren’t blades.They was really impressed with our ground and attendance, but said it’s one of the most silent games they have ever attended

Hard to disagree

I was on the back of the Kop. Didn't hear their fans once during the entire game. Admittedly we were poor also. However, times aren't great for us right now.
We've been relegated and now we're midtable and treading water.
No excuse ,rotten clubs like Derby put us to shame .It’s honestly woeful at the lane.

I’ve noticed the atmosphere this season has been lacking.
Its because we’ve recently been in the PL so in comparison there’s little to be excited about.
It’s the same reason when we play away at Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea etc….their support is often really poor and our away fans totally outsing them.

Half of the teams in the Championship offer zero rivalry and nothing to get excited about.
Also we’re not as attacking as we was under Wilder and this season we’ve acquired this terrible habit of conceding last minute goals.
Not attacking? We had over 20 attempts 😂

Maybe they could record some chants within the stadium and play them sporadically throughout the game to get people going.

No idea if this is the answer but it's a bit shit like and excuses based on who we're playing doesn't cut the mustard.

Salty bunch aren't they?

Must admit, the atmosphere was particularly flat on Saturday, but to say that they were the only ones making any noise is pig levels of delusion.

Safe standing would involve some form of investment in our infrastructure. I wouldn't count on it happening any time soon.
Not unless you can somehow locate the bunker that the Cowardly Prince is hiding in & tease him out.

Won’t safe standing just result in the same people in the same places, but stood up?

Back
Top Bottom