Roy's View From... View From Luton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was lame, but it's been like that for a while. The crowd react to what's on the pitch, and once Utd got going, so did the crowd. Not saying it's great though, it isn't. It was quiet at Wolves and Derby as well.

Their chants of "Sheffield's a shithole, I want to go home" have to be ironic. Luton is grim. A real armpit of a place. Theres a reason it's consistently in the worst places to live list.

Anyway, 2-0 and 25 shots on their goal says it all. An easy home win. Nothing to get excited about.

Please tell me Luton fans weren't singing "we wanna go home, Sheffield's a shithole..."
Luton fans. That's fans from the town of Luton. Luton...
I'm not even sure whether there's a worse town in the country. Seriously.
Arguably Luton's near neighbour Dunstable is worse. But Luton is a genuine shithole for sure. Even Swindon is better.

Sorry but Luton we’re wasting time in the first half and trying to take momentum out of the game and quieten the crowd. Fair enough , as PH said post match we have to expect that and try and play our own game. But then in the second half they went two nil down and but seemed to go even slower. Luton totally gave up. It wasn’t even about trying to limit damage, they were either knackered, clueless or gave up. If I was a Luton supporter I would be more concerned about that than if our crowd was quieter than they expected

I was on the back of the Kop. Didn't hear their fans once during the entire game. Admittedly we were poor also. However, times aren't great for us right now.
We've been relegated and now we're midtable and treading water.
Well I was sat above them and didn’t hear them once, first time this season that’s happened.

Luton! 😂

I’d rather watch my Brother and Sister shag than visit that shithole again. 😂

Tend to agree with the atmosphere. In a way the we've become something we've never been. If more phones were lit up it would've be embarrassing

Walking down to the ground today I mentioned how you don’t hear singing from home or away fans in the build up anymore. Did that stop when the incredibly loud tannoy started?

Arguably Luton's near neighbour Dunstable is worse. But Luton is a genuine shithole for sure. Even Swindon is better.
2 things I know about Luton. I went as a young un when we won 6.3 and you walked in past washing on the back garden. 2nd was the most intimated I've ever been. Huddersfield game at Wembley Sent us on a detour due to crash. We went past a big market next to kennelworth Road with men wearing robes shaking our mini bus, never again

Sorry but Luton we’re wasting time in the first half and trying to take momentum out of the game and quieten the crowd. Fair enough , as PH said post match we have to expect that and try and play our own game. But then in the second half they went two nil down and but seemed to go even slower. Luton totally gave up. It wasn’t even about trying to limit damage, they were either knackered, clueless or gave up. If I was a Luton supporter I would be more concerned about that than if our crowd was quieter than they expected
Yes, really weird that they slowed down even more at 2-0 down.

I haven’t seen teams do that since we were in L2 2016/17 when it was real damage limitation stuff.

I think Luton made a bit of noise in the first half to be fair. The poor bit IMO was the collective 'oh fuck' when we went 2 up and lost their nerve... 🤣 at least keep the noise up if you're away and you've spent the money. I'm sure whenever we were losing away in the Prem 2-0, which is the equivalent of Luton playing us, we'd still be chanting away like madmen.

If only they could have put a few of those comments together, worst home support ive seen, prem team last year, playing Luton today 🙄

Harsh when the first part had zero attendance
I live miles away, not far (but far enough) from luton in fairness. It’s a 270 mile round trip for a home game which is excessive.

A poor mans View From is doing the rounds on Porktalk. It differs slightly from Roy’s in that he gives as broad a range of comments, Blades shit, Blades fans shit, Wendy bigger etc times many,, it’s all positive from Oxford. :)

A poor mans View From is doing the rounds on Porktalk. It differs slightly from Roy’s in that he gives as broad a range of comments, Blades shit, Blades fans shit, Wendy bigger etc times many,, it’s all positive from Oxford. :)

The Preston commentary on Tuesday said Sharp and Brewster were the best partnership ever at Championship level. They aren't.

I won’t have this “yes, the crowd were shit today” nonsense. It was quiet because there was, and has been, nothing to sing about. The team need to galvanise the support.

If I watch a comedian, I don’t howl with laughter just because i’m there, I expect the jokes to make me laugh.

A 54 year old man loudly singing for no reason is either mentally I’ll or the lead singer of Metallica.

Tend to agree with the atmosphere. In a way the we've become something we've never been. If more phones were lit up it would've be embarrassing
What was that all about. Talk about cringe, it reminded me of the pigs infamous light show which was extremely embarrassing for them. It’s a football match, not a boy band concert.

1642926317039.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom