Roy's View From... View From Luton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Atmosphere has been pretty non existent all season, such a shame when we are getting such big crowds, other teams now seem to have their ultra groups who sing non stop, we have nothing like that

Can't argue atmosphere was dull but Luton fans weren't heard all game beyond 5 mins of the usuals "we wanna go home" etc

Can't argue atmosphere was dull but Luton fans weren't heard all game beyond 5 mins of the usuals "we wanna go home" etc

Please tell me Luton fans weren't singing "we wanna go home, Sheffield's a shithole..."

Luton fans. That's fans from the town of Luton. Luton...

I'm not even sure whether there's a worse town in the country. Seriously.

I've said before atmosphere is mainly down to who we are playing, a packed away end or playing a Top side and what is happening on the pitch, play fast attacking football and creating lots of chances the atmosphere improves.
The atmosphere can be electric at the Lane(I also think for some reason night matches help but maybe thats just me) but we are playing moribund football.
When we are playing run of the mill teams or sides that bring few fans and at the same time not creating much in the way of chances the atmosphere is basically crap at the lane.
Safe standing by the way will do nothing to improve the atmosphere, it's purely down to opposition and the amount of away fans and what we are producing on the pitch.
Not sure how we go about trying to improve it, only idea i have is how about ditching the GCB at the start of each half and sing it in the actual match abit like Stoke do with Delilah.
We really do need some new songs though and can we please ditch that awful sh#t on the bast#$ds below song.

They brough a coach to crown..well away from the ground and made a typical cockney noise..far louder than in the ground.Also the lazy cockney cunts got back on it to get to the ground.Wankers.

And one of the poorest teams to visit BDTBL along with Bristol City & Peterborough (..........dare I say that before next week!). Luton basically settled for damage limitation after 70 minutes...............I wish Preston did!

Please tell me Luton fans weren't singing "we wanna go home, Sheffield's a shithole..."

Luton fans. That's fans from the town of Luton. Luton...

I'm not even sure whether there's a worse town in the country. Seriously.
3rd worse town in England apparently. Highest crime rate in Bedfordshire.

I've said before atmosphere is mainly down to who we are playing, a packed away end or playing a Top side and what is happening on the pitch, play fast attacking football and creating lots of chances the atmosphere improves.
The atmosphere can be electric at the Lane(I also think for some reason night matches help but maybe thats just me) but we are playing moribund football.
When we are playing run of the mill teams or sides that bring few fans and at the same time not creating much in the way of chances the atmosphere is basically crap at the lane.
Safe standing by the way will do nothing to improve the atmosphere, it's purely down to opposition and the amount of away fans and what we are producing on the pitch.
Not sure how we go about trying to improve it, only idea i have is how about ditching the GCB at the start of each half and sing it in the actual match abit like Stoke do with Delilah.
We really do need some new songs though and can we please ditch that awful sh#t on the bast#$ds below song.

Absolute nonsense to say safe standing won’t improve an atmosphere.

A quick Google search "worst town in UK" provides Luton as being in the top 3 as (1) ugliest town, (2) the roughest town and (3) the worst town in the UK to live in.

Can't really see why they were so desperate to get home other than their team's woeful 2nd half performance?

It’s so obvious Pigs are in their forum keep losing to teams like Oxford piggies 😂😂

Thanks Roy

"they were there for the taking"......dim-witted twat....

And there was nowhere near 1800 Luton there...

Absolute nonsense to say safe standing won’t improve an atmosphere.

No its not, some of the worst atmospheres we have had at the lane was in the 80's when standing was the norm. The atmosphere would have been no different today if safe standing was available. Its purely down to how the team are playing and amount of away fans.
If you are in favour of safe standing fine but don't make out it is suddenly going to improve the atmosphere if it comes in.

No its not, some of the worst atmospheres we have had at the lane was in the 80's when standing was the norm. The atmosphere would have been no different today if safe standing was available. Its purely down to how the team are playing and amount of away fans.
If you are in favour of safe standing fine but don't make out it is suddenly going to improve the atmosphere if it comes in.

The 80s was forty years ago. Have you got any more recent examples?

The 80s was forty years ago. Have you got any more recent examples?

No because we haven't had standing at the majority of the grounds for an awful long time.
Have you any examples of safe standing improving the atmosphere ?

Luton are my new most hated team,fans are shit the teams shit and the place is shit,Luton just fuck off another London team sucking Wednesday off keep ya friends I prefer Watford anyway

Luton 😂🤦🏻‍♂️ Fuck me, I’ve been to their ground. They are zero shakes. The town they live in is fucking shite. No shit to it at all. Imagine…IMAGINE…being from Luton?

No because we haven't had standing at the majority of the grounds for an awful long time.
Have you any examples of safe standing improving the atmosphere ?

I’ve stood on rail seating at Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga, sometimes with little away support in meaningless games, sometimes in crowds of 25,000 rattling around in 60,000 grounds, and the atmosphere has been light years ahead of anything you’d experience in The Championship this year.

There’s no reason why that couldn’t be replicated in the U.K. whatsoever, except the resistance of people who wouldn’t buy a ticket in that section anyway, but for some reason don’t want to allow others to experience it. I can’t fathom that mindset.

I’ve noticed the atmosphere this season has been lacking.
Its because we’ve recently been in the PL so in comparison there’s little to be excited about.
It’s the same reason when we play away at Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea etc….their support is often really poor and our away fans totally outsing them.

Half of the teams in the Championship offer zero rivalry and nothing to get excited about.
Also we’re not as attacking as we was under Wilder and this season we’ve acquired this terrible habit of conceding last minute goals.

For all there moaning it is true we have lost the buzz at home, even when I was going with 9000 there at least we sang. Any ideas on how too change it blade's

I’ve stood on rail seating at Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga, sometimes with little away support in meaningless games, sometimes in crowds of 25,000 rattling around in 60,000 grounds, and the atmosphere has been light years ahead of anything you’d experience in The Championship this year.

There’s no reason why that couldn’t be replicated in the U.K. whatsoever, except the resistance of people who wouldn’t buy a ticket in that section anyway, but for some reason don’t want to allow others to experience it. I can’t fathom that mindset.

Thats not really an example of safe standing improving atmosphere though, its a based on a totally different country, did the atmosphere improve when safe standing was introduced Germany ?
Not being funny i have virtually little knowledge and certainly no experience of German football.
I totally get you are in favour of safe standing i just think its a myth it will improve the atmosphere.

I'll be honest and say that if I lived in Luton and managed to get out for a few hours I'd be singing my fucking head off. What a shithole that place is. As to the game, they were fucking shite for 90 minutes. Never threatened, hoof after hoof, slowing it down, zero skill and I reckon at a push they might have scraped a goalless draw at Stocksbridge Park Steels today. They were wank at 0 - 0 and as soon as we scored they packed it in.

If I was one of their salty little fucking no marks I'd be aiming my barbs fairly and squarely at their spineless team, not at us. And we're wank fans? Get a fucking grip, hard to raise the roof against a fucking pub side.

I thought they were time-wasting and shit-housing from the kick-off in an effort to put the dampers on our fans. It became obvious after both goals that they were, in fact, incapable of playing any other way. I felt sorry for Wes - he looked frozen stiff from lack of action.

Back
Top Bottom