View from Leeds

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Aye, we were really crap weren't we.

Was that the same game we totally dominated and got done with a sucker punch?

Take them rose tinted glasses off and at least be honest eh.

Well, it was certainly a match that Leeds dominated in terms of possession; that much can be agreed. Indeed, I understand that Leeds have had the majority of possession in every match they've played this season except the one at Bramall Lane, when it might just as well be argued that we were done by a sucker-punch.

In the game at Elland Road, Leeds did not manage a single shot on target as you will call. Not a single shot in 90 odd minutes at home and much of the post-match inquest amongst Leeds fans centred on this inability to turn possession into goal-scoring attempts.

It is that lack of potency that still gives a hope, albeit a slim one, that there might be another slip-up along the way against a side who know where the net is.

As you seem to be from Leeds I will assume that you have limited intelligence and go slowly for you.......

My post was a sarcastic comment about our own fans declaring that we were the dogs bollocks after we beat you a few weeks ago. We are a fickle bunch and now we're shit and you are up there with Barca and PSG in the eyes of our fans.

I hope this clarifies.

We were hardly crap we were the better team, you defended well & nicked it

Another one from Leeds with limited intelligence. I've explained it to your mate, see if you can read it as well.

No!
We've fucked them up in the past, with completely different managers and players. Not one common theme from then til now. We are 15 points in front of 7th for a reason!
Fight for auto, and fight and believe if we end up in playoffs.

Respectfully disagree, not a chance in hell we’d win the playoffs.

I think he means that there were people posting along each of those narratives before and after the game. Not that it is a fact. Or even his opinion, which is that you are a good team but not Barcelona nor San Marino.

As you seem to be from Leeds I will assume that you have limited intelligence and go slowly for you.......

My post was a sarcastic comment about our own fans declaring that we were the dogs bollocks after we beat you a few weeks ago. We are a fickle bunch and now we're shit and you are up there with Barca and PSG in the eyes of our fans.

I hope this clarifies.
Oops, I just tried to help him out too but didn’t realise you’d beaten me to it

If it helps my mate who is a L**ds season ticket holder still thinks that there is every chance that they will shoot themselves in the foot. Pessimism is in the water in Yorkshire it seems.

Forgetting about our previous history in the play offs for a second:

1 - we aren’t currently playing well at all, even in beating Leeds & Preston we didn’t play our usual flowing football.
2 - Both Bristol & Villa are looking very dangerous, WBA have a fantastic squad.
3 - We will potentially be without Sharp & Bash and if we play Villa Hogan can’t play either.
4 - We’ll be deflated on missing out of the top two whilst everyone else in play offs will be buzzing with being in the play offs.
5 - We seem to crumble under pressure, especially at home.
6 - It is Sheffield United after all. I refuse to get my hopes up in any way, shape or form because something will always happen to fuck us over, it’s the Blades way.

1 - we aren’t currently playing well at all, even in beating Leeds & Preston we didn’t play our usual flowing football.
2 - Both Bristol & Villa are looking very dangerous, WBA have a fantastic squad.
3 - We will potentially be without Sharp & Bash and if we play Villa Hogan can’t play either.
4 - We’ll be deflated on missing out of the top two whilst everyone else in play offs will be buzzing with being in the play offs.
6 - It is Sheffield United after all. I refuse to get my hopes up in any way, shape or form because something will always happen to fuck us over, it’s the Blades way.

I agree, our history in them is 100% irrelevant , because nobody on the pitch or management had anything to do with the previoys ones.

1. I agree, we aren't but we did beat them even still.
2. I agree, as do we hence we were second.
3. True, but we're much more than jyst them, but they'll be missed.
4. We should be buzzing about being in yhem, auto has alwats been dubious / dream.
5. Do we? Don't know how we got this far.
6. Maybe. You xan choose to dream or expect failure .

Either way, it doesn't stack up to us having no chance. Going up is going to be a battle. We were always going to have to fight tooth and nail to be in with a chance. Let's try to get some belief and pride in what we've done and can still achieve.

I agree, our history in them is 100% irrelevant , because nobody on the pitch or management had anything to do with the previoys ones.

1. I agree, we aren't but we did beat them even still.
2. I agree, as do we hence we were second.
3. True, but we're much more than jyst them, but they'll be missed.
4. We should be buzzing about being in yhem, auto has alwats been dubious / dream.
5. Do we? Don't know how we got this far.
6. Maybe. You xan choose to dream or expect failure .

Either way, it doesn't stack up to us having no chance. Going up is going to be a battle. We were always going to have to fight tooth and nail to be in with a chance. Let's try to get some belief and pride in what we've done and can still achieve.

Safer to expect nowt then anything is a bonus.

Safer to expect nowt then anything is a bonus.
Fair enough, and it hurts less like that. I'm just cheesed off with the massive slating and we're shit / fucked / wankers etc that comes so quick on here. We've won one and drawn two. Not what we want or are capable of, but it's far from over. Believe.

Nothing is over yet.

Norwich looked like they had the title wrapped up, now we could be 1 point behind them before they play Sheffield Wednesday.

3 points isn't much especially with your goal difference advantage.

No chickens being counted.

Very worried about Brentford and Villa, Brentford are turd away from home but top 4 i think it is for home form.

Villa are the form side and are on a role.

Wigan pushed Norwich today and probably should have won (although Wigan are the worst side away from home in the league)

Still think we have the harder fixtures but if we can take 8 points from 4 or maybe 7 then i think that will be enough.

Would mean you have to win every game (which you may) but its a tough ask at this stage for anyone.

Fair enough, and it hurts less like that. I'm just cheesed off with the massive slating and we're shit / fucked / wankers etc that comes so quick on here. We've won one and drawn two. Not what we want or are capable of, but it's far from over. Believe.

Agreed no slating here, just gutted.

Suppose everyone reacts different to disappointment

Nothing is over yet.

Norwich looked like they had the title wrapped up, now we could be 1 point behind them before they play Sheffield Wednesday.

Very worried about Brentford and Villa, Brentford are turd away from home but top 4 i think it is for home form.

Wigan pushed Norwich today and probably should have won (although Wigan are the worst side away from home in the league)

Still think we have the harder fixtures but if we can take 8 points from 4 or maybe 7 then i think that will be enough.

Would mean you have to win every game (which you may) but its a tough ask at this stage for anyone.

Fair points it isn't over yet. Having said that someone posted a stat that we have lost 12 points in the last 10 minutes of games this season and you have lost none. That for me is the difference between the two teams, you see out games better than we do. Avoid defeat in the games against Brentford and Villa and I think you are up.Plus you may have the added benefit of Villa taking their foot off the gas if they've already qualified for the play offs. We won't win every game as the season seems to have caught up with us. We have to hope you have a spectacular collapse, can't see that happening, can you?

Like they were going to against Wednesday?

A Villa side who will be secure in the PO?

All academic if we continue to play as we have, they could lose to Villa but if we haven't won the next 3 it will be irrelevant...
nah the pigs are crap.. they were never going to win. Wigan will be their banana skin. Brentford away isn’t a pushover either

Fair points it isn't over yet. Having said that someone posted a stat that we have lost 12 points in the last 10 minutes of games this season and you have lost none. That for me is the difference between the two teams, you see out games better than we do. Avoid defeat in the games against Brentford and Villa and I think you are up.Plus you may have the added benefit of Villa taking their foot off the gas if they've already qualified for the play offs. We won't win every game as the season seems to have caught up with us. We have to hope you have a spectacular collapse, can't see that happening, can you?
i can. the pressure on Leeds if they drop points will be huge because like it or not, they are a huge club in a one club city. whatever happens i hope both teams go up. it will be a travesty if one doesn’t

Nothing is over yet.

I admire you playing it down and I would do the same, however I don’t think it’s unjust that you and Norwich will finish in the top 2 positions.

I just hope that being 3rd best team in the league over the season despite not having the resources of the rest of the top 10 teams counts for something when the football gods make their judgment.

Leeds and Norwich have also won far more points than us late on as well. The fact that we’ve conceded late on more and gained late points less compared to our rivals could be down to us running out of steam but I guess it is what it is. We’ve got to the position we are in playing the way we do and it certainly isn’t over yet.

IF we beat Forest we will be back in front of them on goal difference.

They then have to play Wigan which I fully expect them to win, however IF we manage to beat Hull the pressure is right back on them, and they will not be looking forward to going to Brentford.

It's not over yet !!!!

Nothing is over yet.

Agree nothing is over & it would be very Leeds to blow it but

Leeds have the best home record, Wigan put a lot into that norwich game can they do the same again & have the worst away record, they play Millwall soon which could be the decider.

Villa, may well have their playoff place guaranteed & may not want to risk injuries with the playoffs in mind.

Brentford- may have a good home record but we’re in 2nd for a reason & they are where they are for a reason, we could be going in there on 3 wins on the bounce full of confidence. 2 ways of looking at it. Suppose pessimism always comes first though

I said we were the better team didn’t say we were great

I disagree. The idea is to score goals. No shots on target means no goals means no chance of winning the game. The better team on the day is the one that walks away with the points. That was us.

We just made some poor decisions on both sides of the white line. But saying that it could all change again on Friday.

Do you give lectures on motivational speaking

Do you post on some of those self harming sites, yioud make a killing

Back
Top Bottom