Roy's View From... View From Birmingham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sky said he was clearly offside, he looked offside to me, regardless of the unforensic effort to replicate VAR above. I've got no problem benefitting from a Stroud mistake, we've suffered enough of them in the past few seasons

First to read this with a cuppa and watching the curling on a sat morning...
So as knowsknowt would say "get to fxxk"

Cheers Roy.

1dpV1FU.jpg

Okay, while not exactly forensic, it's pretty easy to establish the lines on Perspective needed to construct a VARlite. He's On.

Looking at that he is onside I'd say. For a start it looks to me like the pass has left our players boot, stop the action a few frames earlier and I reckon he would clearly be onside.

Sky said he was clearly offside, he looked offside to me, regardless of the unforensic effort to replicate VAR above. I've got no problem benefitting from a Stroud mistake, we've suffered enough of them in the past few seasons
It may not be Forensic but it's not hard to follow the pitch markings and the mower pattern to see the perspective and then see Sharp's onside. It's close but it's clear in my mind. Also, look at the Lino's position. Couldn't be better placed.

Thankyou Roy!They seemed pretty resigned to losing so they're taking it alright. Proper result that, I'm off to work with a spring in my step this morning...

It may not be Forensic but it's not hard to follow the pitch markings and the mower pattern to see the perspective and then see Sharp's onside. It's close but it's clear in my mind. Also, look at the Lino's position. Couldn't be better placed.
The linesman said sharp was offside but he didn't think he was interfering with play

I thought that at the time... well actually I didn't think he was onside but I thought it was really, really close.

Instead I was hearing Hinchcliffe telling me how blatantly offside he was despite the evidence of my own lying eyes.
'my own lying eyes' caused a chuckle 🤣

Few, 37th!
Cheers Roy, was hoping for more tears, but, we beat them in the shitter city, alls good, we move on, and up hopefully!!

Fair comments on the whole. I think we edged the game but were fortunate to win it, if that makes sense. Both teams should have had penalties. Fleck missed two fairly routine chances but if their player scores that just before Sharps equaliser then it’s game over.
We need to build momentum now.

I thought that at the time... well actually I didn't think he was onside but I thought it was really, really close.

Instead I was hearing Hinchcliffe telling me how blatantly offside he was despite the evidence of my own lying eyes.
Hinchcliffe is a prick.

I hope he was definitively offside. Bowyer tears are amusing to me

• Haha
Reactions: cc1
Birmingham fans get respect for not calling us “Sheffield”. Bit of a rough and tumble support, just like SUFC, Pompey, West Ham, etc. I don’t mind the Blues TBF.

Looking at that he is onside I'd say. For a start it looks to me like the pass has left our players boot, stop the action a few frames earlier and I reckon he would clearly be onside.
On sky they freeze it from a different angle, and he is offside.
But, shit happens, it didn't lead to a goal. By the time we scored they'd set up and had 6 men behind the ball.
Only the same as dozens of other incidents in every game that ' could or should' have been a free kick.

You win some, you lose some. It wasn't a cup final (you need to go to Swillsborough for those) and how many decisions go against us?

Wishing for VAR, another team that I'd love to get promoted to the Premier league so they can experience the delights of glorious VAR..

These teams wishing for VAR haven't got a fucking clue how lucky they are that it's not used in the champ.

I'm.looking at all these games against teams we already played under Slav as more of a performance measure than getting carried away with the results and you have to say that the difference is night and day ,yes we are getting better results but we were just getting bullied and rolled over by teams like this first half of the season. I think.in terms of quality we are above average with a few players well above average but if we do the basics and compete we have enough about us to beat most teams in.the division and even in.the games we don't win it seems to be more about match sharpness than poor attitude

Mostly fair comments BUT Roberts had been made a fool all night by Nidaye with his beautiful skill full play. Roberts is a thug and for grabbing him around the neck and persisting doing it then it should have been a straight red

Thanks Roy

The comments from the City fans are far more reasonable than those spouted by some of our own fans on other threads. I didn't think we were firing on all cylinders, but the all round performances are getting better as games go by. We are not a team who are going to score five, six or seven goals, but we have come back from a goal down to win a game of football. We should be basking in the warmth of that rather than picking spots off the players who got us that win.

The comments from the City fans are far more reasonable than those spouted by some of our own fans on other threads. I didn't think we were firing on all cylinders, but the all round performances are getting better as games go by. We are not a team who are going to score five, six or seven goals, but we have come back from a goal down to win a game of football. We should be basking in the warmth of that rather than picking spots off the players who got us that win.

26 points from last 30 available. Top of the form table since Hecky took over. Who the fuck is moaning?

Back
Top Bottom