UP THE PRESTON

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely. I agree entirely, but does the same not apply to Dirty Corrupt Leeds’ remaining games?

It does.

Thing is though, there'll come a match in the next four weeks where it's shit or bust, fuck or walk.

Sheffield United Football Club have never won one of these matches in my lifetime.

So I like to remain overly cautious.

Leeds to win and us to get a frustrating draw tonight. Sorry.

It does.

Thing is though, there'll come a match in the next four weeks where it's shit or bust, fuck or walk.

Sheffield United Football Club have never won one of these matches in my lifetime.

So I like to remain overly cautious.
Yes I have been to so many games where it was shit or bust and most of the time we have blown it - Walsall penalty, All the play offs, Relegation match against Chelsea, relegation match against Wigan, last few Matches in league 1 when Ched went down, being 3-1 up in a penalty shoot out and blowing it and so on and so on ............ Hopefully though our luck is changing and we can find ways to win those crucial matches or am I being stupid again !

Preston win and we do the business at brum then were up :eek:

4 points might be too much

Please delete - This is United were talking about!!

Serious note, i think we will be put well and truly in the driving seat if that turn of events happened, however, i've made these comments in the past and it has a habit of biting you on the backside!!

Please delete - This is United were talking about!!

Serious note, i think we will be put well and truly in the driving seat if that turn of events happened, however, i've made these comments in the past and it has a habit of biting you on the backside!!

Even if Leeds draw and we win 3 points is the same as 4 as Leeds would have to better our results twice with having a worse GD

Yes I have been to so many games where it was shit or bust and most of the time we have blown it - Walsall penalty, All the play offs, Relegation match against Chelsea, relegation match against Wigan, last few Matches in league 1 when Ched went down, being 3-1 up in a penalty shoot out and blowing it and so on and so on ............ Hopefully though our luck is changing and we can find ways to win those crucial matches or am I being stupid again !

I'd be interested to know the last time we went into a match with something at stake and actually got the result we needed.

As I said, it's never happened in my lifetime as far as I can tell.

I'd be interested to know the last time we went into a match with something at stake and actually got the result we needed.

As I said, it's never happened in my lifetime as far as I can tell.

Are you suggesting there's been nothing at stake for the 40 matches we've played this season? 23 of which we have won

I'd say there was most definitely something at stake for the Leeds game a few weeks back

Are you suggesting there's been nothing at stake for the 40 matches we've played this season? 23 of which we have won

I'd say there was most definitely something at stake for the Leeds game a few weeks back

It was a huge win at Leeds but there was nothing directly at stake.

However, we wouldn't have got to those play-off finals without winning 'shit or bust' semis ;)

Preston win and we do the business at brum then were up :eek:

4 points might be too much

There are many fans on here whose irrational negativity makes me projectile vomit. You Sir are at the very opposite end of the spectrum to them but I’m feeling equally like I’m going to projectile vomit.

I have advised, at least a million times on here, not to resort to exaggeration, Don’t pre-judge anything yet. It’s still far too early, but later than you think. Don’t believe in superstitions, bogey teams or bogie men for that matter. They don’t exist. Don’t believe that things even themselves out over a season either. They don’t. Don’t believe that winning manager of the month (or season) is a jinx. It isn’t. Don’t believe that some games are easier or harder than others. It’s impossible to predict.

We are all in the same situation. We hope, but we don’t know, however, we may dream.

It may all go down to the last day of the season yet. I’m talking about the Champions spot, not 2nd place, we had that sewn up months ago!;)

Just read that. Total rubbish and I remember how gritty Preston was under Grayson and that fan has presumably forgotten Graham Westley and back in the day John Beck and it doesn't come anymore long ball than him!

Fair play to the job that Alex Neil has done but that fan ha clearly not watched us this season much, or if he has he is just so bitter he can't give credit where its due.

Back
Top Bottom