Match Thread Unofficial Match Thread: Nottingham Forest v. Sheffield United - 2nd November 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

NOTF
NOTF
NOTF

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed

Can I just shock you? I thought Brewster was OK. Despite what everyone else has just said.

OK, just OK?

Let me remind you, this kid cost £23m and hasn't scored a friggin league goal for us yet in over 12 months.

It's just OK with a record like that if you was signed on a free from Aldershot's reserves.

Olsen - Not good enough
Egan - Not good enough
Stevens - Not good enough
Bogle - Not good enough
Fleck - Not good enough
Osborn - Not good enough
Brewster - Not good enough
Mousset - Not good enough

Only ones I would just about give pass marks today:
Bash
MGW
Norwood

Embarrassing isn't it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against people moaning about poor performances or having a go when things are really poor. I do that myself.

But the overexaggerated crap I hear and read every week is laughable.

We know we've got weaknesses to be addressed but we still dominate most games and are scoring more goals than we were early on.

Defensive lapses are costing us for sure but I don't see that much to rectify tbh.

If we can't hold our nerve until next year I give up.

Too many will seemingly happily go down the same route as before, sacking managers every few months and bring back more industrial football rather than let this manager bring in a bit more quality.

The fans are as much of a problem as the board and manager and I would never have said that at one time.
I think many teams this season will be more than happy to let us have the ball,which I think flatters us a bit.
The league position tells its own story.

Glad that Bash gave the gaffer a selection headache for the next game

The leek and potato pie I had at the city ground gets more points than Enda, Moose, Brewster and Fleck tonight.

Couldn't watch the match, so I've seen some clips, and while I'm not too dissatisfied overall with an away point at Forest, who have turned a corner, I can't get the Brewster shot at 1-1 out of my mind.

I don't like to criticise him, I want him to come good for us, but Jesus. I've seen better shots from fat middle aged TV stars during a Soccer Aid match. Keeper didn't even have to move.

He needs a loan. Not to Forest though (cheeky twats), away from England and any attention. I'd get him bagging in the Bundesliga. He needs to be rebuilt.

I didn't see last night's game and clearly Brewster missed at least two good chances from all reports, but if Slav is going to play him, is sticking him on right wing (that's how I understood he was used last night), going to help him at all?

I think the last time the guy played any time at all in the league was against Hull, from memory, and even then, he was on the right wing. The guy must already be so short on confidence that I don't see how sticking him in an unfavoured position is going to do him any favours at all. Everyone is now just counting another game that he hasn't impressed or scored, but whilst I don't deny he appears to have been a colossal waste of money at this point in time, I just really feel for him.

I can understand the conundrum as he'd probably be better coming on for the last 30 minutes when Mousset is inevitably substituted, but who wants to bring on someone who looks so far away from being able to score a goal, given that we're never home and dry in any game at any point. Seems like the ideal opportunity would've been to bring him on in the Barnsley game, but that didn't happen.

He needs some U23 games, if Slav feels that he might have some role to play in this squad. I'd almost resigned myself before yesterday's match to the fact he'd probably not get game time again before January, where hopefully he would get a loan out. To me that would be an infinitely better approach than his current management of him, if last night is anything to go by, as the current approach isn't helping him or us.

Brewster’s shooting since he joined us has been abysmal - always straight at the keeper and last night’s effort was powder puff. It was a good chance to win it for us.

In his defence, playing him on the right isn’t his favoured position, but he lacks the clinicalness, intelligence and awareness to be played through the middle. Catch 22.

For all his faults, Rhian does put a shift in and did track back so he still gets my sympathy. It does look a lost cause but I still hope it works out for the lad and us.

I think Brewsters attitude and work rate was good last night. I would actually give him a few more chances right now, while he has his head relatively high and keeps competing.

Back
Top Bottom