Match Thread Unofficial Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v. Sheffield United - 6th November 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BLA
BLA
BLA

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
Blackburn Rovers
BLA
-
In 46 minutes
vs
SUFC
-
Sheffield United

Did Wilder bring in Hourihane, Olsen, Davies?No
is he playing this ridiculous football, passing slowly across the back and midfield, and playing ourselves, continuously into trouble.
Wilder may be the devil incarnate to some, but he’s irrelevant.He has gone, and this guy in charge, is making a right mess of things.If you continue to give him a free pass, we will sleep walk into relegation.
Hecky won his last 3 in the `Prem, with these players.
It’s embarrassing now.Something has to change.
But Wilder gave three year contracts to Fleck, Norwood, Sharp, Steven’s etc on £30k a week. I do agree with you on Slavs loan signings you have mentioned, they have been shocking.

Looking at the xG table United are second(!) so it is fair to say things could and should look better than this shit.

Wilder might probably be the best man to turn this around but the way he wasted the money and more the way he behaved at the end, makes it unrealistic.
Wilder was just lucky, someone has to to win the Lottery,it was him

This is Wilder’s mess. It’s undeniable that he gave us our best recent memories but this is the team he put together. SJ hasn’t been given any time to sort it out.
So this has nothing to do with our present manager then?
Rid yourself of your Wilder obsession and concentrate on the present .
Just let me know, when the present manager starts taking responsibility in your eyes?Can you also let Slav know,because until then he can sit at home, watching tv, without any blame on him.Nice work if you can get it.

Did Wilder bring in Hourihane, Olsen, Davies?No
is he playing this ridiculous football, passing slowly across the back and midfield, and playing ourselves, continuously into trouble.
Wilder may be the devil incarnate to some, but he’s irrelevant.He has gone, and this guy in charge, is making a right mess of things.If you continue to give him a free pass, we will sleep walk into relegation.
Hecky won his last 3 in the `Prem, with these players.
It’s embarrassing now.Something has to change.
Wilders shit , grow up and move on !

So this has nothing to do with our present manager then?
Rid yourself of your Wilder obsession and concentrate on the present .
Just let me know, when the present manager starts taking responsibility in your eyes?Can you also let Slav know,because until then he can sit at home, watching tv, without any blame on him.Nice work if you can get it.

Wilder obsession? 😂😂😂 That’s possibly the first time I’ve mentioned him since he left.

I didn’t say it had nothing to do with the current manager, it’s a lot to do with current players though.

Has he been given a chance to build his own team?

My overriding feeling is one of sadness tonight. Ok, football is irrelevant in the big scheme of things in the past two years. But it’s a big part of our lives and to see this decline like several we’ve seen before is soul destroying. Please give Slav until next season. Staying up this season must be the sole aim. I still think he’s the man for the job, judge him next season when hopefully the dead wood has gone and he’s brought in his own players. 28,000 at home games, taking 5,000 to away games. Absolutely fucking brilliant.

Wilders shit , grow up and move on !
Wilder obsession? 😂😂😂 That’s possibly the first time I’ve mentioned him since he left.

I didn’t say it had nothing to do with the current manager, it’s a lot to do with current players though.

Has he been given a chance to build his own team?
My fear is,by then, we’ll be back in league 1.

My overriding feeling is one of sadness tonight. Ok, football is irrelevant in the big scheme of things in the past two years. But it’s a big part of our lives and to see this decline like several we’ve seen before is soul destroying. Please give Slav until next season. Staying up this season must be the sole aim. I still think he’s the man for the job, judge him next season when hopefully the dead wood has gone and he’s brought in his own players. 28,000 at home games, taking 5,000 to away games. Absolutely fucking brilliant.
your right hillsbro it is sad but without 21k season ticket holders and 2500 away fans each game we would be getting less than 20k watching this lot

no need to record any after-match interviews, just play any of our recent excuse, saying it’s not good enough and we can do better! ‘I DON‘T THINK THEY CAN!’

He deserves the fans to turn on him.
Clueless team selections and formation, terrible subs

What subs would you have made? Not trying to catch you out, just genuinely interested. There are a lot of these types of comments on here where the poster never says what they would have done differently, or how that would have guaranteed a more positive outcome

Fans will turn that’s for sure

Slav in trouble one fans turn

They probably will because they're fucking thick, illiterate cunts that haven't a clue about what the real problem is.

And because they'd have to finally admit that the club is backward and retarded.

If it was human it would be in an old folks home pissing and shitting their nappies (they're cheaper than pants) and dribbling all day.

Modern football has arrived, it started arriving 30 years ago. Sheffield United ignored it and spread fantasy and romance through its dwindling fanbase about the glory days when all footballers got paid the same and had to find a job in a factory during the summer.

The reason why no good manager will work at this place is because they do not understand what a fucking retard it is.

Hence why our only half decent managers over the last 35 years are men who support the club, they understand its retardedness

You could say they're not even managers, more like mental health nurses

They're walking out on their job I'm droves too

What subs would you have made? Not trying to catch you out, just genuinely interested. There are a lot of these types of comments on here where the poster never says what they would have done differently, or how that would have guaranteed a more positive outcome
He hasn't got the tools - we are playing with 10 men every week with Fleck playing.

We are paying for cans being kicked down the road for years, failure to address weaknesses in the squad, and shocking recruitment.

JOC never replaced, loanee this season so still not replaced.

Fleck hasn't been in form for over a year, how many players have been his competition? Osborn, Freeman now, but more before.

Norwood, we got Berge but he's a sicknote now unfortunately, Geudioura is ancient and has just had surgery so he's out, and we don't seem to trust out Under 23s (how can they be any worse than Norwood and Fleck have been of late)

Billy and Didzy, we've tried to replace them and failed - expensively.

Egan looks half the player he was last time he was in the Championship.

Replaced Henderson with Ramsdale, who didn't hit the ground running and we sold him once he'd hit his stride, Olsen thinks he's better than us, and he probably is tbf at the moment - but it's not a good look for him when he's shipping goals, even if it's because he's not arsed.

Stevens is pretty much done, RND groomed as his replacement for about 3 seasons and isn't up to much either.

We need to sell players this January and buy some new ones, and bring in some of the youth team that aren't tainted by the shit we've served up for the last 18 months.

At least Brewster got his goal finally. Maybe Liverpool will activate the £40m buyback now haha

When we were 1-0 up their heads were down. All we have to do is pass it around, get them tired and frustrated - like City do every week. Instead people like Egan and Olsen play 40 yard balls to our short frontline and encourage them to win the ball and charge forwards. They score once and cue our usual collapse.

I look forward to the day that we then come back and win 5-4, but at present Slav’s game management is completely unsuited to our players’ current mental state. Certainly to mine!!

Club lost 6-1 as well. Best Saturday ever!

We were good for the first two minutes. Blackburn were fearless going forwards, we were fearful.

There's a lot of work to do. UTB

Equal first half but we were a mess in the second. Really quick start but they gradually clawed their way back into the game and unlucky to go in level. Terrible defensive and midfield display. Not much movement up top. They were decent, defended well and have some tricky attacking players but we stood off them and let them play. No fight and slow closing down.

Olsen - 4 - Pushed their 3rd straight back to their attacker and came and missed in the first half. Should have maybe done better with their second as well. It was all too easy to go round him.
Stevens 2 - Woeful. So slow to move the ball on but not helped by the number of hospital balls from Egan. Didn't get forward first half and a bit better in the second.
Egan - 2 - Terrible. All over the shop at times with huge holes in the defence. Got turned way too easily and poor on the second, both in terms of positioning and speed of thought. Lucky to not give a penalty away first half
Basham - 2 - Made a couple of important interceptions but bambi on ice at times. Got completely turned and lucky to escape. Got turned way too easily for the first and this happened over and over again. Ball watching at times as well.
Bogle - 2 - Got taken off before he got sent off or before he tripped himself up again and injured himself. Gives his man far too much room and allows opposition players to turn. Looks livelier going forward but no end product.
Fleck - 1 - Lucky to get 1 to be honest. Purely for that ball to Mousset. The most abject display of midfield football I've ever seen. There was a point when their player literally ran all the way round him to the by-line and he just stopped. Probably thinking about a Tenants Super. Turned into trouble time and time again, so fucking slow and kept giving the ball away.
Norwood - 2 - Scrapes a two. Defensively diabolical. no protection whatsoever. Just doesn't tackle or get close to opponents. Lots of loose balls going forward and poor set pieces.
Osborn - 2 - Not even that much energy today. Kept going in his favour and kept trying to put balls in but there next to know quality there. Also defensively weak and sloppy
Gibbs-White - 3 - Nothing first half from him. Kept going and almost created something second half but defensively terrible as well. Gave the ball away for their third and kept doing it. You can see why he doesn't get a game for Wolves.
Brewster - 1 - Great finish, one point. Everything else was TERRIBLE. He at least tried to track back but he seems to be constantly somewhere random on the pitch. Hardly ever available when we have the ball. Stood offside thinking of FIFA or daydreaming about marbles.
Sharp - 6 - Assisted on the first and almost did it again. I thought he faded but he was the one player on the pitch showing determination and a willingness to get stuck in

Subs

Mousset - 1 - Had a couple of great chances and showed absolutely no intelligence or skill. Body shape of a McDonald's worker but half the speed of thought.
Ndiaye - 2 - Got caught on the ball over and over again and everything he tried, and he did at least try, went horribly wrong
Baldock - 4 - Not on for long but far too eager to foul

Slav - 1 - We started like a house on fire but gradually got worse and worse. His subs, once again, totally destroy our shape. I feel for him having to work with these players who don't have the intelligence or quality to play the way he wants. He's also been shafted on the players we didn't bring in. It would be interesting to know if all the loans are his signings because it seems a little strange if they are. Having said that, if we have no money and no intention of bringing in the players he needed then why hire him? He's not the manager for a scrap and it's increasingly looking like that's what we're going to be in for.

Blackburn - They were decent. They defended really well and looked dangerous every time they went forwards. They look to have a soft centre in midfield but fortunately for them they came up against the 4 wettest midfielders in the division. All their attacking players did well for them. They seem like a team who will have another inconsistent season and end up just outside the play-offs unless they bring some brawn in to play in the centre.

And which manager is going to prevent that, with these players?
L
And which manager is going to prevent that, with these players?
Not necessarily saying we should change the manager, but something has to change.
For the foreseeable future, we’re going to have these players.The board have made it clear they’re not going to put their hands in their pocket.So Slav has to get a tune out of them, by at least in the short-term playing to their strengths, by perhaps putting an extra mam at the back or Bash in midfield.He has to find an answer, that’s his job.It’s no good trying to play like Barcelona with our present players.He should be seeing that.If he isn’t seeing it, and is a just a one trick pony,hopefully there will be 3 teams worse than us in this league.But if that is the case, and he can’t be flexible,we’re in for a long long season.

Back
Top Bottom