"United World" kits

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember when I was at uni the first time around, I worked part-time in Jaeger in Meadowhall. During this time they moved production of their “Italian suits” from Italy to Tunisia. We were told that if anybody asked where they were made, not to say Tunisia, but say “the same place as Hugo Boss make theirs.” That sounded almost as shit as saying of our no brand kits that “they’re made in the Adidas/Nike (depending which rumour is doing the rounds today) factory.” 😂

Not that it bothers me. I’m a grown man and haven’t bought a football shirt since I was about 14.
I bought a suit from Jeager, they told me it was a rebranded Hugo Boss and charged me £400 for it in 2002. I still have it, occasionally still get my moneys worth out of it, I wore it at both my weddings!!! ( the 2nd wife does know).
Yes I'm a tight bastard.

If you own this shirt, give it to me and I'll walk, train and feed your new dog for 3 months.

abd6845542e0e72c25e703cc8ee111fd.jpg

I've got the year afters, haven't got a dog though 20180526_193401.jpg

The club never owned LCS. It used existing company Conrad Plc for the float and changed its name to Sheffield United Plc. Conrad owned the UK marketing rights, that all. At the time, LCS was owned by an American company.
Going have to dig my copy of fit and proper out now.

I'm sure we had some fiddling with LCS around that time to do with the float.

You never seem to be wrong though so... 🤷🏻

I bought a suit from Jeager, they told me it was a rebranded Hugo Boss and charged me £400 for it in 2002. I still have it, occasionally still get my moneys worth out of it, I wore it at both my weddings!!! ( the 2nd wife does know).
Yes I'm a tight bastard.
The quality was sound, although it did go downhill as I was leaving in about 2007. I just found the secrecy about them being made in Tunisia quite funny.

The Beerchoot were definitely Nike rather than Adidas, I'm sure PurpleRain confirmed that months ago.
Personally I don't care so long as they're decent made. The more money that goes to the club the better, and we can still do deals with manufactures as we did with New Era for casual wear.
Indeed, made in the same factory as Nike and ours looked a lot like the France World Cup winning template. Quality is good, no complaints about the kits and good price.

Beauty. Where's that from & what's the quality like?

Been after something like this for a while.

Got it from Classic Football Shirts a few years ago, so it's a legit original. Very thick and uncomfortable to wear. Texture is like the 99 white away shirt. Perfect condition aside from the admiral badge fading and a tiny oil stain on the front which could probably be removed carefully.

I don't understand the dig at the Prince "IE Princes back pocket" when it has been proven, that he hasn't took ANY money out of the club for PERSONAL GAIN.

I don't understand the dig at the Prince "IE Princes back pocket" when it has been proven, that he hasn't took ANY money out of the club for PERSONAL GAIN.
If he wanted the money I'm sure he could take in a bit more from his family than a mid size football club. I'm sure wanting to back us and improve our standing as a club is more for status than cash

New shirt again offered for 30 eur (25 pound) to season ticket holders. Big advantage of the own kit making and the quality looks good again. Personally I also fancy an established brand provided that they put in the effort of a proper design and not just a template from the catalogue but this price advantage for the fans is really enormous and a strong selling point for the own brand. You no longer feel ripped off buying a player shirt.

XIII ? Not seen that manufacturer before
It’s an own brand of United World created for Beerschot. XIII is the immatriculation number of the club with the Belgian FA and since then a club symbol. A long with the bad luck that goes with it 😄🤭

If they would switch to own brand for United kits at some point in future what would be the best brand name? Something with Blade or steel I assume? 😄

If they would switch to own brand for United kits at some point in future what would be the best brand name? Something with Blade or steel I assume? 😄
Bought my lad a hoodie and t shirt from the club shop under the brand name RAWW, it stands for Red and White Wizards. Decent quality and the RAWW is written in a trendy, italic kind of script.

Would do nicely if we are going to an in-house brand although I have to say I prefer an established manufacturer

There appears to be some snobbery in the British game about having a "brand" kit.........not many have made their own, in fact, Pigs apart I can't think of another currently?

To be fair to the Pigs, I saw a few of them out and about in Cleethorpes this weekend sporting a bit of the leisurewear range and a few bits were quite nice to be honest.....however you wouldn't want to pay Adidas/Nike prices for own brand kit so if we do go down that route eventually it would be hoped the gear is priced sensibly, they would sell a lot more of it, that's for sure!

There appears to be some snobbery in the British game about having a "brand" kit.........not many have made their own, in fact, Pigs apart I can't think of another currently?

To be fair to the Pigs, I saw a few of them out and about in Cleethorpes this weekend sporting a bit of the leisurewear range and a few bits were quite nice to be honest.....however you wouldn't want to pay Adidas/Nike prices for own brand kit so if we do go down that route eventually it would be hoped the gear is priced sensibly, they would sell a lot more of it, that's for sure!

Bristol City had a kit made by Bristol Sport, which I believe is involved in the club somehow, runs Ashton Gate or something, so nearly in house. That wasn't bad.

The only other close one I can think of is Villa who had one made by Luke 1977 which I believe is a fan owned fashion brand.

Both those ditched them though, Bristol City have Hummel now, and Villa have Kappa.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the kits not being a name brand as long as they look nice and are well made, but the team wear is more my thing, I don't wear football shirts unless I'm at the match, so that's why I like Adidas. Teamwear is great.

Wolves have ditched Adidas and gone with Castore who made Rangers kit this season. Only been going a couple of years.

I don't think it's a bad thing to break the monopoly on team kits, or even cash in on it. Chansiri is a visionary...

Wolves have ditched Adidas and gone with Castore who made Rangers kit this season. Only been going a couple of years.

I don't think it's a bad thing to break the monopoly on team kits, or even cash in on it. Chansiri is a visionary...

Think Newcastle are going Castore too.

We could go back to HOBOTT

Pinch Snuff

Would have some great memorable marketing.

"Looking for sports wear? Why not Pinch Snuff?"

Back
Top Bottom