"United World" kits

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Macfarlane21

Reaction score
Seen a rumour on twitter that all the clubs PA owns are going to be made in house (even in the adidas factory) under the "united world" umbrella so all profits go direct to the clubs (PA'S pocket) and are not shared with a sports manufacturer.

Anybody else heard anything about this?

Seems similar to what the pigs have done if true

Seen a rumour on twitter that all the clubs PA owns are going to be made in house (even in the adidas factory) under the "united world" umbrella so all profits go direct to the clubs (PA'S pocket) and are not shared with a sports manufacturer.

Don't think I'll be that arsed about it if they'll be manufactured with the same quality as Adidas or have I misread what you're saying?

If done well, I'll have no qualms. Makes good business sense.

If they churn out some monstrosity like Elev8 then it'll be a big shame.

There's been enough polls on here to give the club a decent guide to what the fans like; red & white stripes, black pin stripes, black shorts & no naff coloured sponsor logos that don't work with the aesthetic. The kit when we beat Wednesday at Hillsborough was a beauty. Simple, clean.

Don't think I'll be that arsed about it if they'll be manufactured with the same quality as Adidas or have I misread what you're saying?
I don't know to be honest, just what I've seen on twitter and wanted to know if anyone else had heard similar. I'd imagine the factory the adidas kits are made in probably makes stuff numerous different sports companies

Bettis talked about it in an interview with the Athletic last year:

Bettis also points to how the Bramall Lane commercial staff are keeping a close eye on Beerschot striking out on their own in terms of an innovative kit deal as to the benefits that can potentially come from being part of an umbrella organisation.

“Beerschot now make their own kit,” he says. “The joke of this is that the majority of these kits are all made in the same factory in China. Adidas, Nike, all made in the same area to the same standards.

“That is where we have gone with Beerschot to get their kits made. At the moment, we are not doing the same here.

“We have seen Sheffield Wednesday do it (under the Elev8 brand that is owned by chairman Dejphon Chansiri). They make their own kits and I think, at times, that has not been really liked by the supporters.

“So, we thought, ‘Let’s not go straight away and make our own Sheffield United kits — instead, let’s trial it elsewhere’. We wanted to get comfortable with it.

“Let’s make sure the factories are the right ones, that they deliver the kits on time and that the quality control is there. Then, at a later date, if we decide to go down that road it is an option for us.

“We can do that kind of thing lower down the pyramid and then, if the idea works, push it up. What I will say is Beerschot have never sold as many kits in their history. I don’t know the exact numbers but we are not talking 10-20 per cent increases but hundreds of per cent.”

If done well, I'll have no qualms. Makes good business sense.

If they churn out some monstrosity like Elev8 then it'll be a big shame.

There's been enough polls on here to give the club a decent guide to what the fans like; red & white stripes, black pin stripes, black shorts & no naff coloured sponsor logos that don't work with the aesthetic. The kit when we beat Wednesday at Hillsborough was a beauty. Simple, clean.

To be fair their Elev8 kit from 2018 was alright in terms of the template I think. 3 thick stripes, solid colour shoulders, black shorts and trim. The collar a bit meh and obviously the quality of it is crap.

Not sure if the back of this shirt was a solid colour or had stripes, I can't find out:

Large.jpeg

The problem with what Wednesday did was that they claimed Elev8 was an energy drink company, but it was an energy drink company that didn't make energy drinks.

The energy drink company that didn't make energy drinks then allegedly started making overpriced, low-quality football kits.

If their dear leader had launched a separate entity for making football kits ('Chanwear' for example), it would have made more sense. What they did and continue to do just looks fucking stupid.

United World being upfront and saying 'This is the kit manufacturing arm of our business, it's in-house, here it is' is completely different to their approach.

If done right, it could be very good indeed.

Out of interest can you share the tweet?

This has been on the cards for quite a while, but I'm interested in if it's being spun within social media as being another case of The Prince taking money out the club.

The Beerchoot were definitely Nike rather than Adidas, I'm sure PurpleRain confirmed that months ago.
Personally I don't care so long as they're decent made. The more money that goes to the club the better, and we can still do deals with manufactures as we did with New Era for casual wear.

I heard this rumour a while ago, and also the rumour he wants all his United World teams playing in purple 🤷‍♂️

Over my dead body thats gonna happen at United, maybe the away kit.

So is the Adidas contract over at the end of the season? We've done well to keep hold of them for this long. My only annoyance is the fact we can't keep a kit for more than 1 season.

sorry bornablade I meant to press quote there.. 🥴

No I'm getting the impression that HRH is a smart cookie with the intentions of making his club, the Blades, a force in the football world.
I could be as wrong as you but this could mean the club instead of it being run by local businesses to support their own company's will become the flag ship in a much bigger business ..

I heard this rumour a while ago, and also the rumour he wants all his United World teams playing in purple 🤷‍♂️

So is the Adidas contract over at the end of the season? We've done well to keep hold of them for this long. My only annoyance is the fact we can't keep a kit for more than 1 season.
I doubt he's that daft, the aim will be to sell the shirts not to stop the sales all together... ;)

Sheffield club manufactures its own strip

giphy.gif

It all comes down to the qualiteh, doesn't it?

I'm not expecting much, to be fair, in terms of the standard of the material.

Just as long as we don't go with a daft name either. Like the pigs, you look daft if you name your brand elev8, and then well, fail to elev8 your club.

Wonder if they'll go with releg8 at the end of the season?

Call me old school if you like but I still believe we should only ever change our strip if we clash with the oppositions home kit.

Back
Top Bottom