"United World" kits

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Out of interest can you share the tweet?

This has been on the cards for quite a while, but I'm interested in if it's being spun within social media as being another case of The Prince taking money out the club.
It was a very passing comment on twitter regarding who our best kit supplier was and it was brought up but hadn't heard about it previously. Unfortunately can't find it now

If true and is a qood quality replacement, then I'm all for it. The retail price on branded garments always carry quite a substantial licence fee. If however we go with our own brand (United World brand) then at least the amount of licence fee would not be as great, therefore hopefully reducing the end retail price. Less expensive the garment, the more they will sell. In other words you build your profit on greater turnover.
Also, the other advantage is that we could design our own shirt on what is more recognised as an exclusive 'Blades' template.

Sheffield club manufactures its own strip

giphy.gif
If your thinking of the Reg Brealey years, (Chairman 1981-1990,&1993-95.
He had some very good ideas, if not the backing of the Sheffield council or the money to carry them out,
And he left us way up the creek without a paddle but we survived even that. and who knows, maybe this time ?..... :tumbleweed:

To be fair their Elev8 kit from 2018 was alright in terms of the template I think. 3 thick stripes, solid colour shoulders, black shorts and trim. The collar a bit meh and obviously the quality of it is crap.

Not sure if the back of this shirt was a solid colour or had stripes, I can't find out:

View attachment 110045
Fucking hell mate, give us a warning before you traumatise us like this.

Bottom of the table with 14 points.

Just lost the best manager we've had in decades.

No mention of a replacement.

So what are we focussing on?

A vanity project producing a new kit.

Deckchairs and the Titanic springs to mind.
Yes, we've dropped everything else. Not even looking for a new manager anymore................ We've got everyone from the coaching staff to the cleaner scouring the globe for inspiration for our next kit.

To be fair their Elev8 kit from 2018 was alright in terms of the template I think. 3 thick stripes, solid colour shoulders, black shorts and trim. The collar a bit meh and obviously the quality of it is crap.

Not sure if the back of this shirt was a solid colour or had stripes, I can't find out:

View attachment 110045

AAHHHHHHH My fucking eyes...You absolute c...............

Odds on the away kit being the unsold Beerschot kits with a Blades badge on?

I quite like the Beerschot kit though!

Awful idea. The idea that the club keeps all the profits is false economy when sales of training and leisure wear plummet..

Beerschot's kits look like Nike knocks-offs to me, but at least we might get stripes on the back.
Please keep stripes off the back ... or at least full stripes off the back.

As was mentioned in an earlier thread about stripes it’s really difficult - almost impossible - for red/green colour blind people sat towards the back of the stands to read the numbers on the back of the shirts! I’d like United to play in the early 1970s style striped shirts with the white block on the back for the numbers. And if we get players of the quality of Tony Currie, Alan Woodward and all that great team to fill them so much the better!!

Yes, we've dropped everything else. Not even looking for a new manager anymore................ We've got everyone from the coaching staff to the cleaner scouring the globe for inspiration for our next kit.
"Not even looking for a new manager anymore" - what have you heard that makes you think that?

I mean, let's be honest, it sounds pony as fuck doesn't it?

"BuT iTs FrOm ThE sAmE FaCtOrY"

No-one's going to be inspecting the quality of the stitching when you step out looking like the Sports Direct reject bin 🤣

I remember when I was at uni the first time around, I worked part-time in Jaeger in Meadowhall. During this time they moved production of their “Italian suits” from Italy to Tunisia. We were told that if anybody asked where they were made, not to say Tunisia, but say “the same place as Hugo Boss make theirs.” That sounded almost as shit as saying of our no brand kits that “they’re made in the Adidas/Nike (depending which rumour is doing the rounds today) factory.” 😂

Not that it bothers me. I’m a grown man and haven’t bought a football shirt since I was about 14.

Perhaps if it is a success, the United World brand will make enough profit to buy another club may be a league 1 team with a points deduction and a rustbowl for a stadium. They could play in very very light purple and white stripes 🙃🙃

I don't see a problem with this, as long as they churn out good quality products that people want to buy. Every brand has got to start somewhere.

From a business point of view they’ll give the fans what they want as it’s us that’ll be buying it. It’s not like there’s gonna be a global market to target. If it’s poor quality or a change from traditional (heaven forbid) then this venture simply won’t work. Look at Cardiff for example. Their owner tried to make them play in red. The fans refused the change so it failed. That won’t be the case here. I think we’re more likely to get the kit we want as the Prince looks to increase profits. I’d like to see a competition held to design the kit. Imagine if yours wins! That would be amazing!

Will we still be sponsored by USG? It'd be nice to get rid of Brexit style logo from the shirt, in an ode to our new German manager.

Beershott kits have XII as the manufacturer sponsor. I'd imagine ours will be the same. Not bad as logos go. A million times better than that pawprint Watford have on theirs or elev8 obviously

"Not even looking for a new manager anymore" - what have you heard that makes you think that?
We won't have stopped looking for a new manager. I'm just a sarcasic little sod. Already eyed my next post up. Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. My point was that we can do the important stuff and also do other less important things at the same time. Resources deployed for sourcing a new kit deal are not going to be much use reappropriated for the purpose of looking for a new manager, if you see what I mean. All good!

If your thinking of the Reg Brealey years, (Chairman 1981-1990,&1993-95.
He had some very good ideas, if not the backing of the Sheffield council or the money to carry them out,
And he left us way up the creek without a paddle but we survived even that. and who knows, maybe this time ?..... :tumbleweed:
Reg Brealey left us up creek without a paddle,do your homework if it hadn't been for Reg Brealey we would have gone under
The first day he took control he wrote a cheque for three quarters of a million pound in the late 70s to stave off the bank fact,otherwise we would have gone bust

I mean, let's be honest, it sounds pony as fuck doesn't it?

"BuT iTs FrOm ThE sAmE FaCtOrY"

No-one's going to be inspecting the quality of the stitching when you step out looking like the Sports Direct reject bin 🤣

Sorry if some people are put out because they are more arsed about the label than the shirt. You can wear you fookin lables down the boozer / town, whatever. It's a football shirt. I'm off to rip the shit out of the dumb as fuck car analogies now, or can I be bothered. The current kit is 30 times more shite than anything ever produced by Macron, LeCoq etc. If anyone actually likes the see through abomination that the reputiable Adidas label have spewed out this time they are clapped out on drugs!

I've took the piss out of Wendy fans for having what I call Matalan shirt so it would be hypocritical of me to like us having an in house kit. There is a reason no big clubs do it.

Bottom of the table with 14 points.

Just lost the best manager we've had in decades.

No mention of a replacement.

So what are we focussing on?

A vanity project producing a new kit.

Deckchairs and the Titanic springs to mind.
Have a like young man I love glass half empty people 🤣🤣🤣

I've took the piss out of Wendy fans for having what I call Matalan shirt so it would be hypocritical of me to like us having an in house kit. There is a reason no big clubs do it.
Big clubs can persuade the big labels to put some effort in to producing nice bespoke kits for them. We got the dreg ends this season and that Ramsdems sponsored shirt was shite in all. Last years 19/20 kit was a thing of beauty though! Hit and miss really......

Beershott kits have XII as the manufacturer sponsor. I'd imagine ours will be the same. Not bad as logos go. A million times better than that pawprint Watford have on theirs or elev8 obviously

It wouldn't be the same. The XIII is unique to Beerschot, I can't remember why..
Our equivalent might be something like 1889.

Big clubs can persuade the big labels to put some effort in to producing nice bespoke kits for them. We got the dreg ends this season and that Ramsdems sponsored shirt was shite in all. Last years 19/20 kit was a thing of beauty though! Hit and miss really......
This is true but can't help feel in house kits are tinpot

Back
Top Bottom