"United World" kits

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I want a purple one.
I've took the piss out of Wendy fans for having what I call Matalan shirt so it would be hypocritical of me to like us having an in house kit. There is a reason no big clubs do it.
Surely that's because big clubs get paid a fortune by the manufacturers due to the prestige and sales figures they generate.
For us, we pretty much pay them for their prestige.

I've took the piss out of Wendy fans for having what I call Matalan shirt so it would be hypocritical of me to like us having an in house kit. There is a reason no big clubs do it.

Adidas PAY Manchester United £750M to wear their threads for 10 years

Nike PAY Liverpool £100M a year to wear their gear.

That's why they don't make their own.

I own a Citroen and tell myself that I'm not going to have catastrophic electrical problems at some point.............
Ex missus once had a Renault, the washers stopped working on it, and needed sorting for the test, ended up wiring a trigger switch as a badge, I think it was something like the lighter fuse that causes all number of faults when it blows but its not an obvious cause. It seems they come as standard on French models.

Reg Brealey left us up creek without a paddle,do your homework if it hadn't been for Reg Brealey we would have gone under
The first day he took control he wrote a cheque for three quarters of a million pound in the late 70s to stave off the bank fact,otherwise we would have gone bust
True, and he had great plans for the club, but when he left am I right in thinking we didn't have a stand on John St. or the money too replacer it, and he sold his controlling interest to Mick McDonald ?

It wouldn't be the same. The XIII is unique to Beerschot, I can't remember why..
Our equivalent might be something like 1889.

it was the matricule number given to the old Beerschot club by the Belgian FA. All clubs get assigned numbers, so the lower the number, the older the team. Royal Antwerp is number 1.

Apparently the current Beerschot has somehow reacquired number 13. The club that originally had the name and number went out of business.

True, and he had great plans for the club, but when he left am I right in thinking we didn't have a stand on John St. or the money too replacer it, and he sold his controlling interest to Mick McDonald ?

IIRC that was how it went. I also think that Brearley had a photo op moment when it was basically a couple of JCB's on the land?

Silent Blade will know

As long as the kit is relatively decent, it's a great idea to make more money for the club.

It's actually a bit sad if you still care what "brand" you're wearing, past the age of about 16.
It's a bit sad if you wear a football shirt as an adult, unless you are a footballer, in which case it's kind of mandatory. Footy shirts are for kids. There, I've said it.

checks on tin foil supplies

I was happy as when we got Adidas but we've had a good run now.

If an in-house kit looks decent and is of reasonable quality, then I've no problem with the presumed financial gain.

It's a bit sad if you wear a football shirt as an adult, unless you are a footballer, in which case it's kind of mandatory. Footy shirts are for kids. There, I've said it.

checks on tin foil supplies

I own every shirt from 1979 to date. I rarely even wear them to the match. Maybe 5 or 6 games a season max. I never wear colours going away and wouldn't dream of wearing a shirt in public.

I own every shirt from 1979 to date. I rarely even wear them to the match. Maybe 5 or 6 games a season max. I never wear colours going away and wouldn't dream of wearing a shirt in public.

If you own this shirt, give it to me and I'll walk, train and feed your new dog for 3 months.

abd6845542e0e72c25e703cc8ee111fd.jpg

That's collecting, whole different ball game. Well, same ball game, but far more acceptable.

Didn't we have some link with Le Coq Sportif when they made our shirts? Not the same as making our own I know, and I may be imagining it.

Didn't we have some link with Le Coq Sportif when they made our shirts? Not the same as making our own I know, and I may be imagining it.
When the club floated on the stock exchange back in the day it basically bought Le Coq Sportif and renamed it Sheffield United Plc to get there quicker.

The book "Fit and Proper" covers it.

When I started knocking out half and half scarves out of my Basra sweatshop I was getting the kids to whip up a few Louise Vitton handbags as well and flogging them for three grand a piece.

They were Bob on and all the celebs and high rollers were seen wearing em.

I realised that level of quality demanded more skill and time to produce as well as the quality control. Just sourcing the finest leather in the world became a chore. It took ages to clean the workers blood, sweat and tears out of the materials. I soon realised that high end, high price wasn’t for me.

instead I have flogged the little bastards to within an inch of their lives chucking out cheap, shite halfies for gullible tourist “soccer” fans all over the Europe’s as they tick off another soulless bowl of a stadium on their kick ball journey.

The problem for Prince as he fingers through ‘Chansers guide to owning a football club (2017 edition)’ is that people will pay for Adidas and not whinge like they do when they pay for Macron, Elev8 etc.

Nike have proven recently that they can make truly awful, cheap, tacky kits and knobheads will still buy as it has a tick on it. You can even rip the soul out of a kit by making it all white... but a tick and 3 lions will guarantee millions as its England. Even make it all Blue, which doesn’t even feature on the England flag... and yep, the daft sods will not only buy but pay £80 for.

Brand the nicest blades shirt ever with “UnitedWorld” and it won’t sell anywhere near what Adidas will. Especially if the onfield product is shite

Yeah. We owned the parent company but stopped using them as it was seen as a conflict of interest

He sold the controlling interest yes is it his fault after Brealey got his money that the next person couldn't move the club on

Beershott kits have XII as the manufacturer sponsor. I'd imagine ours will be the same. Not bad as logos go. A million times better than that pawprint Watford have on theirs or elev8 obviously.

Beershott kits have XII as the manufacturer sponsor. I'd imagine ours will be the same. Not bad as logos go. A million times better than that pawprint Watford have on theirs or elev8 obviously
The pawprint on Watford shirt is kelme a Spanish sportswear company.i used to wear their boots for years up until a few years ago as I can't get them anymore.the best footy boots I've ever had!

When the club floated on the stock exchange back in the day it basically bought Le Coq Sportif and renamed it Sheffield United Plc to get there quicker.

The book "Fit and Proper" covers it.

The club never owned LCS. It used existing company Conrad Plc for the float and changed its name to Sheffield United Plc. Conrad owned the UK marketing rights, that all. At the time, LCS was owned by an American company.

The kits and team wear are pretty nice. Shame if the XIII brand is only for beerschot as I actually quite like it
It's the kind of lucky number you could definitely associate with supporting United!

I have to say the postal service in Belgium or the clubs stance to it is pretty poor. I was looking into the noverlty of getting a Beerschot shirt, that way I can simply replace the badge with that if United's for our away shirt!

Anyway, shirt is now down to 35 euro. Postage for the far east is 30 euros!

So I think I'll wait for Swiss Blade's sweatshop to churn out next season's away kit first.

Last edited:

Ah yes, Bassett referred to the missing third stand as Fred West's garden. He'd never have gotten away with that these days!

Back
Top Bottom