Undr the cosh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I have thought about but not sure it is worth it just yet.

I am sure they are at a stage they could do with money to get better guests on but I think it is too soon for them to put decent content behind a paywall. If you have seen them try to do a pub quiz lately they are not very well organised.

Also, Parkin comes across like he is not too bothered about doing the podcast these days unless he is earning a few quid for it. I think he wants the football season back for an away day vlog instead.

Some of their regular podcasts lately have still been decent though like the Matty Piper episodes but I think they need to reconsider the paywall content for now.
Is it just a donation/contribution type of payment?

Michael Tonge due on according to their Twitter. Should be a good listen
Hope it's not the paid for one. I'd probably pay for the month and cancel if so. Don't get time to listen to them all.
He always came across as a quiet lad, so perhaps won’t be that interesting... but let’s see

Just watched the MIchael Tonge one. It's on Private Members area. I really enjoyed listening to him, I got the impression that he's been a really good pro, they struggled a bit to get stuff from him (I think he was just trying to remember things) but there was some very interesting stuff nonetheless. Still obviously got a lot of time for the Blades as he talked about loving scoring against the Pigs no matter who he was playing for. A really good lad.

Link might only work if you subscribe....

Really enjoyed that. Always liked Tonge as a player and was gutted when he left, but the podcast obviously explains more on that!

Danny Webber released on the Patreon today.

More confirmation of Colin’s piles and Blackwell still being a nob head.

Danny Webber released on the Patreon today.

More confirmation of Colin’s piles and Blackwell still being a nob head.

It’s like they are trolling me. Whenever there’s a guest with a Blades connection - Deano, Tonge, Webber- it’s in the pay section, whereas you can listen to an infinite number of ex Burnley players praise Stan Ternant to the heavens for free!

I’m surprised he didn’t do ‘I had trials once’.

It’s pretty good, very similar to undr the cosh, recommend it if that sort of podcast is what you like. Some good guests.

I’ve paid for the Patreon to access the Blades ones. I’ve listened to them all now but for £2 a month I might just leave it going. Like you say, a lot of Blades ones on the paid for side!

Yep, he nails Blackwell on his tactics and why his style didn't suit him. That said he doesn't really slag him off though.

I think anyone who watched us around then could see Blackwell wasn’t playing to our strengths. Will never understand why he signed players like Howard and Leon Britton.

Quality footballers, technically they were very good but they were always going to be wasted playing for us.

I think anyone who watched us around then could see Blackwell wasn’t playing to our strengths. Will never understand why he signed players like Howard and Leon Britton.

Quality footballers, technically they were very good but they were always going to be wasted playing for us.

He wasn't a number 10 but Blackwell insisted he was.

Absolutely spot on BB , Blackwell was that rigid in his defensive tactics they never got a chance to play

One of the most frustrating managers to ever manage our club in my life time.

The squad he had Wilder would have walked the league with it.

Morgs would've had to have been the central CB though, can't imagine him running the length of the pitch and back for 90 mins 🤣

Maybe Killa could've made a pretty good RCB as he was a bit pacy for a CB.

Morgs would've had to have been the central CB though, can't imagine him running the length of the pitch and back for 90 mins 🤣

Maybe Killa could've made a pretty good RCB as he was a bit pacy for a CB.
Wilder plays overlapping wing backs because it works with the squad he's got.

I reckon he's a good enough manager that with a different squad he'd come up with different tactics.

But yeah, would be amusing to watch Morgs overlapping for 90 mins, lol.

Wilder plays overlapping wing backs because it works with the squad he's got.

I reckon he's a good enough manager that with a different squad he'd come up with different tactics.

But yeah, would be amusing to watch Morgs overlapping for 90 mins, lol.

Exactly, Wilder has gone with a formation that suits the players he has when he has arrived at a club.

Quite a few managers do the opposite such as Blackwell. They force the formation and tactics on the team even if it means putting square pegs in round holes.

Wilder has always said he doesn't want to put square pegs in round holes. He won't play an ageing Richard Cresswell as a winger.

Blackeh was solid defensively and we were organised. But everyone else was a mess and we were awful despite an abundance of riches. Strikeforce of Beattie, Sharp, Cresswell etc.

Got an MBA from Warwick Business School on his LinkedIn profile. Better spelling than McClaren and Nigel Pearson too!

Back
Top Bottom