Trouble after the game?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was knock off a bird from Stoke last year, lovely blonde thing she was. Vale fan as well. Slightly annoying though. Couldn't really be arsed with popping back and forth to Stoke though.

This doesn't really have any relevance to the thread.
SwissBlade he is one alpha male
Pulled a lass who supported Port Vale
She hailed from Stoke
And that aint no joke
He survived it to tell us his tale.

It looks pathetic on camera because it is. If it happened to me I'd ignore it quite easily while thinking to myself 'one brain cell short of a lettuce leaf' and have a little chuckle to myself.

It's not hard ffs, they're gormless planks. Reacting to them in any way brings you down to their level.

Every one of them thought they were hard and not to be messed with, they were blades and had a reputation to protect.

All they did was make themselves look like sad wannabe hard men and tarnished the name yet again of Sheffield United.

As I said FF, with the vast majority of men, there is a point where a reaction is inevitable. For me, it's when my family/property are threatened. I would always try to diffuse first, but at some point, I would (have) reacted to someone thinking they can take liberties (I once found burglars in my house and once had to someone from verbally abusing my wife) I don't think this makes me hard, just someone who cares enough to try and sort illegal or unjust practices and to protect what's mine.
I maintain that the behaviour at PV was wrong and should never happen at any sporting or social event, but that the reaction of Blades supporters to being provoked was understandable. Me? I would have chosen to walk away unless someone took a swing at me in which case I'd exercise my right to defend myself.

SwissBlade he is one alpha male
Pulled a lass who supported Port Vale
She hailed from Stoke
And that aint no joke
He survived it to tell us his tale.

There was a young fellow called Swiss
who dated a Port Vale Miss
but when Vale beat the Blades
some trouble was made
so now he dates a girl from Liverpool

Well, you get the drift......

There was a young fellow called Swiss
who dated a Port Vale Miss
but when Vale beat the Blades
some trouble was made
so now he dates a girl from Liverpool

Well, you get the drift......
That last line needs a bit of work, but, yeah, I get the drift. :)

I was knock off a bird from Stoke last year, lovely blonde thing she was. Vale fan as well. Slightly annoying though. Couldn't really be arsed with popping back and forth to Stoke though.

I once took a bird from Stoke out. Reyt shot it was.

Oh, and drivinng back through the centre of Burslem, we saw what looked like OAP rejects from "This is England" and I mean women! Women in their late 50's, in Crombies, Levi Sta Prest, Doc Martens boots, shaved head but with a long fringe and long at the back, I am not joking.

In fairness to the people you saw, there was an all day gig on at the Queen's Theatre in Burslem, with the banner outside saying it was bringing together skinheads, punks and other working class youth. Amongst others, The Anti Nowhere League were performing. It's therefore likely most of those you saw were from out of town, not that it excuses some of the fashion disasters on display :)

i got offered a job in Stoke a few years ago. i was deliberating what to do and my ex girlfriend (of all people) texted me to say don't take it. .you've never seen so many speed cameras in your life i almost got banned when i worked there'.. so i went on a recon. and you know what she was bang on the money. what a shithole.. i've seen places in the Ukraine that are a higher standard

i got offered a job in Stoke a few years ago. i was deliberating what to do and my ex girlfriend (of all people) texted me to say don't take it. .you've never seen so many speed cameras in your life i almost got banned when i worked there'.. so i went on a recon. and you know what she was bang on the money. what a shithole.. i've seen places in the Ukraine that are a higher standard
Was it Micky Adams or Mark Hughes that got the job ?

Back
Top Bottom