Trophy for 2nd Place ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Promotion is a team achievement whilst finishing 2nd in the Olympic 100m is a personal achievement. He going to get upset about people getting Silver and Bronze medals now?

Never understood why sky didn’t get rid of him when the rest of the soccer Saturday panel left. Perhaps sky thought he’d go off the rails if left to fend for himself? Maybe now Jeff Stelling is leaving they’ll pack him off too.

When Arsenal end up 2nd, can we expect him to be fronting a campaign to not have them in the Champions League?

You know, given as they are not Champions? 😉

I have to agree with him. The prize is promotion not a trophy. We didn't 'win' anything other than promotion. Maybe it was the old Yorkshire and Humberside trophy that we dug out of the cupboard to add some glitz to the occasion.
Spot on

Wtf is the trophy for ?

Can’t wait for his reaction when the winner of the playoff final gets the trophy
And this

Ffs

Pathetic

What about the team who comes 4th from bottom

Best loser

It is a bit ridiculous you get a trophy for finishing 2nd, but as others have said, it's because they give one to the team that wins the play-offs so it wouldn't be right if they got one, but the team that actually did better didn't get one. It really doesn't matter, however I think only the actual League Champions should get a trophy and not the team finishing 2nd or the play-off winners.

As mentioned above, any chance any of these Southern wankers get a chance to slag Sheffield United off, for anything, they'll take it.

I'll put money on us having a hard time next year, but I'll also put money on us doing Spurs and Arsenal at the Lane as well.

This promotion seasons Garth Crooks has arrived a lot earlier than I anticipated.
Considering the trophy was bedecked in sky sports ribbons he might have appreciated it more if, on presentation we chucked it in a duffel bag and took it straight down the tunnel

On the whole I agreed with Merson, but the only reason there is such a trophy is that the play off winners get one.

What a twat. The winners of the playoffs celebrate like they've won the world cup on their lottery winning birthday when Suzanne Hoffs accepted their proposal and they come third!

Merson should concentrate on trying to do his job better. He can't pronounce foreign players name properly. He'd never get a trophy for being second, cos he's the worst in a team of five. Ex alchy cunt.

But it’s not as though we had it made ourselves. I’d scrap the play off trophies too. A trophy should be an exclusive prize reserved for coming 1st🏆

Yeah doesnt mention that play offs get a trophy. Bournemouth had a trophy last year for 2nd.

Just forget him he was being a knob.

2nd place= objective achieved why wouldn't there be a trophy? Especially when the play offs have one

I remember watching him play, and manage Walsall to a loss against footballing super power Slough Town. He's only got the job still as sacking him is a tricky thing to do as with his previous issues it wouldn't be a good look. Also he's livid at having to try and say Anel Adhmedhodzic next season

2nd, whats the trophy for, he's just come 2nd in a race, who gets a trophy for 2nd

temp 4.jpg

Don't really see the point of a trophy for second but it is a nice touch for the fans to see.

However, it does seem to be getting commented on WAY more than usual as it's been done for years, couldn't be lots of pundits and fans who hate us could it?

And we're all ***** ****** at the lane 🤣

Merson working for Sky, criticizing a trophy that is festooned with Sky ribbons.
Would he have mentioned it if Middlesbrough had finished second?

Like in 2016?

FvGzLoZXwAEJK42

For what it's worth, I don't think there should be a trophy for second either. Runners-up medals only.

I guess a lot of teams have complained that you get a trophy for winning the Play Offs but not 2nd place.

I agree - shouldn't be a trophy for 2nd, but neither should there be one in the Play Off Final. That means 1st place and what could be 6th place get one, but 2nd place doesn't.

We're currently 20points above 6th place Millwall. Why should they get one and not us?

Chris Sutton more or less suggested on the radio we had the trophy made ourselves, no one corrected him.. I have to say this now sounds like a coordinated vendetta against Sheffield United by the media, add it to The Mail articles and the ridiculous biased co-commentators on Sky, someone or something about the Club has upset the Media this season.

Another bitter dinasour, hope Arsenal choke at the last hurdle, just like his precious Middlesboro..

Can't see him lasting much longer on that show anyway, bad image, history of drugs alcohol and gambling...

Hardly a role model..

Merson should concentrate on trying to do his job better. He can't pronounce foreign players name properly. He'd never get a trophy for being second, cos he's the worst in a team of five. Ex alchy cunt.
Just keeping an eye on him this afternoon.
He makes too many mistakes, needs a good wesh and shave all the other panelist’s look smart enough. It’s time for Sky to get shut in my opinion.

Not sure that making light of his addiction problems is particularly fair. There are plenty of reasons to attack him without going down that route.

I was never making light of it, just thought that his inability to string a coherent sentence together ( which contains foreign players names) just hilites his intelectual weakness, and could also contribute as to why he became such a piss head. Cerebraly challenged?

Back
Top Bottom