Tread Carefully

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, United beat Watford 3-0 to go up, having needed a draw at the start of the day.

We are in a great position and I a, really happy we have breathing space. However it is absolutely not over. I have said all along that this will go down to the wire and it could still feasible go down to the last day. By 5pm on Saturday 28th, we could feasibly be going into the game against a tough Stevenage side 2 points behind Wednesday. That is a Stevenage side desperately chasing a play off space, who beat us earlier this season in front of a nervous Bramall Lane crowd.

Next week will be tough and I expect Wednesday to win. I actually think that in the form we are in and with the quality we have, we should go to stadium MK and win. However it is feasible that we get beat and a point would be a decent result. Everybody is banking on Carlisle getting a result, but the Pigs are playing very well (still haven't lost under Jones) and are at home. The week after could be interesting with Pigs travelling to Brentford (a tough game against a team fighting for the play offs or a walk over against a team with nowt to play for?) and then us playing Stevenage later on (same comments for them as Brentford).

We just have to concentrate on the task ahead. Beat MK Dons and then assess the situation. I will be very surprised if we get promoted next week. I think Stevenage could potentially be the clincher, but am still preparing for a final day showdown. I have been saying for ages that there will be more twistsand turns and the rollercoaster ride will go right to the end. I hope I am wrong and we can wrap this up early, but feel that will not be the case.

Et voila. Hate to say I told you so. This is going down to the wire!

Yesterday was very concerning for me. The Pigs getting a late win, us getting beat and also Stevenage winning. Brentford are pretty much out of the play offs and I expect them to get rolled over by Wednesday next week. That would put us in 3rd place and going into the game against play off chasing Stevenage. A nervous crowd will not help things and another rudderless performance like yesterday would see us drop points. I really hope we can shake this Ched hangover off and keep our noses in front. We were absolutely awful yesterday and will need to be a lot better in the next 2 games.

I was hoping I would not be right, but this will go down to the last day of the season.

[quote="I was hoping I would not be right, but this will go down to the last day of the season.[/quote]

What us needing a Wycombe win?

This situation is like watching a penalty. Do you look or face the crowd and await the reaction?

Back
Top Bottom