Tread Carefully

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A great recent run by the Blades which has kept us in pole position when the momentum seemed to be with the pigs. But it's certainly not over. The pigs only took a point from our next 2 games - drawing at MK & losing at home to Stevenage - so we need to maintain our current form & the more attacking style we've seen in recent games to see it through.

UTB FTO

Bang on pressures on the pigs not us .
You wouldnt think so reading the many tubthumping threads on Porktork about how they will be one point above us on the last day . Give em their due you can't keep the truffle hunters down for long , if it was roles reversed It would be like a manic depressives day trip to a funeral on here

A great recent run by the Blades which has kept us in pole position when the momentum seemed to be with the pigs. But it's certainly not over. The pigs only took a point from our next 2 games - drawing at MK & losing at home to Stevenage - so we need to maintain our current form & the more attacking style we've seen in recent games to see it through.

UTB FTO

They also lost at Exeter, so they took 1 point from our next 3 fixtures.

Conversely, we took 9 points from their last 3 fixtures.

This could be read as meaning our last 3 fixtures are tougher. On the other hand it could just mean we're better than them. Let's see...

We are in a great position and I a, really happy we have breathing space. However it is absolutely not over. I have said all along that this will go down to the wire and it could still feasible go down to the last day. By 5pm on Saturday 28th, we could feasibly be going into the game against a tough Stevenage side 2 points behind Wednesday. That is a Stevenage side desperately chasing a play off space, who beat us earlier this season in front of a nervous Bramall Lane crowd.

Next week will be tough and I expect Wednesday to win. I actually think that in the form we are in and with the quality we have, we should go to stadium MK and win. However it is feasible that we get beat and a point would be a decent result. Everybody is banking on Carlisle getting a result, but the Pigs are playing very well (still haven't lost under Jones) and are at home. The week after could be interesting with Pigs travelling to Brentford (a tough game against a team fighting for the play offs or a walk over against a team with nowt to play for?) and then us playing Stevenage later on (same comments for them as Brentford).

We just have to concentrate on the task ahead. Beat MK Dons and then assess the situation. I will be very surprised if we get promoted next week. I think Stevenage could potentially be the clincher, but am still preparing for a final day showdown. I have been saying for ages that there will be more twistsand turns and the rollercoaster ride will go right to the end. I hope I am wrong and we can wrap this up early, but feel that will not be the case.

IMO we seem to be playing with more confidence away than at home at the moment, E.g Brenford and Notts. County.
No reason whatsoever we can't batter MKD from minute 1 and get a hatfull!

It will be a real test next week no doubt but if we do what we've been doing all season we should come away with three points I think it will be a cracking game with two footballing sides and I also think this will suit us as we can mix it up a bit but prefer playing against teams who want to play

If we lose to MK Saturday and Wednesday win it'll be 1 point. Then we kick off later than Wednesday the following week.

If we lose to MK Saturday and Wednesday win it'll be 1 point. Then we kick off later than Wednesday the following week.
because we kick off at 5.20pm.....we could lose at MK Dons and the Pigs could win at Brentford and at home to Carlisle before then
they win their next two games and we lose at MKD
We lose to MK Dons, Wednesday beat Carlisle and whoever they've got at 3pm on the same day we play Stevenage.

Sorry - run that one past me again? ;)

relax this time next week we will be promoted

By 5pm on Saturday 28th, we could feasibly be going into the game against a tough Stevenage side 2 points behind Wednesday.​
How?

We lose at MKD, Pigs beat Carlisle & Brentford before we play Stevenage in the later kick-off.

Don't think they will get 6 points from those two games, and i can see us continuing our excellent away form at MKD.

Of course all that is possible. But in the real world our hard-headed friends the bookmakers, all rich men because they assess the probabilities with winning accuracy, have us 12-1 ON to be promoted.

As much as I am looking forward tomorrow, it would be ridiculous to say it is over. I think we should beat MK. We are a better team and in better form. Our recent away results suggest we should go out and give them a very good game. However, if they do turn us over or we get a point then it could be uncomfortable. The Pigs play a stuttering Carlisle at home tomorrow. Now you can say Carlisle need to get a result to keep their play off hopes alive (which is true and I hope it influences the outcome of the game) but the Pigs are at the sty and they are in much better form than their opponents. Then it is a trip to Brentford, who are likely to have nothing to play for by then. I actually think we need to win tomorrow to make sure that we are not playing a play off chasing Stevenage at home in the couple of weeks time with Wednesay sitting in 2nd. It would be a very nervous encounter. What we also want (if we do not get a win tomorrow and/or Wednesday drop points) is Brentford to beat Stevenage. This would mean the Pigs have a harder penultimate game than us. However Stevenage are back on track and if they beat Brentford tomorrow will try and push County hard for 6th spot.

But saying all this, if we win tomorrow it almost seals it. It means at best Wednesday can take it to the final day and we can potentially tie it up at home with a game to spare. Statto's when did we last get promoted at home? Was having a cha witha bloke in the Rutland before the Bournemouth gale and we were saying it would be nice to be promoted at the Lane and neither of us could remember when we had last done it there.

One step at a time. Starting my smashing MK tomorrow. UTB.

But saying all this, if we win tomorrow it almost seals it. It means at best Wednesday can take it to the final day and we can potentially tie it up at home with a game to spare. Statto's when did we last get promoted at home?

1971, I assume.

Since then, other results sent us up in 1982, 1984 and 2006, and we were away in 1989 and 1990.

I would expect a victory for the Pigs tomorrow. Normally I would be pessimistic about the MK Dons game, but this team are making a believer out of me. I expect us to win too.

Back
Top Bottom