Transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Remember when people were acting like we would be making big moves in January.

Can't even get in a keeper when out of all positions on the pitch there's more keepers looking for a starting position than any other

Wilder has said he wants players who can go straight into the first 11.

Unless youve got Man City’s millions it isnt just a case of saying we will have him him and him.

All sorts of negotiations will be going on behind the scenes but these things often take time, you only need to look elsewhere to see that not much is happening.

There’s really no point in bringing someone in just for the sake of it and to appease our impatience.
(I think it's pointless anyway) Can't find the quote but PA or CW definitely said last month owt we spend in JTW will be recouped in summer if we're relegated. That did indicate permanent transfers in my eyes. Can't see it though.

(I think it's pointless anyway) Can't find the quote but PA or CW definitely said last month owt we spend in JTW will be recouped in summer if we're relegated. That did indicate permanent transfers in my eyes. Can't see it though.
That indicates not much of a budget. Anel is probably the one sellable asset we have.

Everyone knows the majority of moves happen in the last few days.

Little incentive for clubs to sell early.

Judging our business on the 19th is utterly useless. Granted it may well be a shite window - but at least let the club fuck it up before we start complaining about it.

Remember when people were acting like we would be making big moves in January.

Can't even get in a keeper when out of all positions on the pitch there's more keepers looking for a starting position than any other
Transfer window shut already ?
Passes me by that

Who knows mate

Personally If we can’t bring the right player in this month, id not bring in anyone at all because If they aren’t good enough there’s an outcry of we’ve wasted our money.

On the flip side if we don’t bring anyone in then it’s cast iron proof for some people that we haven’t a pot to piss in.

In many respects a no win situation for the club unless we can get the quality in to improve the first 11, but that’s not straight forward as our apparent lack of activity is currently demonstrating

I’d have Maguire back (even on a loan),if we could afford it

think the bbd signing will be it for any striker signings especially as its looking like jebbo might sign a new contract could be the 2 signings might be mepham from bournemouth and this croatian keeper from athletico although i would still have liked us to bring another midfielder in

IF you were a promising player, or his agent, and a Premier league club came knocking this early in the window, would you think great and jump at the chance, or would you hang fire a while to see if a better offer turned up.?......😦

Ivo Grbic. 4 clean sheets in his last 33 league games. (0 games this season, 12 games for atletico last season, 21 games on loan for Lille in 21/22). A poor record playing in 2 decent teams. I'm not sure he's the answer to our problems but at least he's cheap.

Ivo Grbic. 4 clean sheets in his last 33 league games. (0 games this season, 12 games for atletico last season, 21 games on loan for Lille in 21/22). A poor record playing in 2 decent teams. I'm not sure he's the answer to our problems but at least he's cheap.
I imagine the club will have reviewed all you have!
And more !!!!

It depends what we look to do with the freed up domestic loan space. If we are serious on the current side. We are lacking in so many areas as we know however we are going to be light up top for the next 3 although Brewster is having his own little crisis. GK wise bringing someone on loan is risky as usually they are without much match practice you have the likes of Man City’s number 3 Stefan Moreno who is 31 or even more bizarrely their number 2 in Scott Carson. It’s a risky move to expect match speed instantly with keepers of that age and game experience. CB wise Alfie Gilchrist who has been Chelsea’s captain of U23s very much a raw talent so not sure if he could step up or not and a few others of similar qualities too.

9 players to strengthen us in the second half of the season:

Ivo Grbic - GK
Sam Curtis - RB/RWB/RCB
Unknown - Right footed centre half
Rhys Norrington Davies - LWB/LB/LCB
Oliver Arblaster - CM
Tom Davies - CM
Ben Brereton Diaz - LW/ST
Rhian Brewster - ST
Daniel Jebbison - ST
Well, That started well for Brewster didn't it? Wrong kind of "impact" methinks!

We are chasing cb's it would seem.
I suppose it makes sense given who we can select from. (Anel, Robinson, Trusty, Baldock-kind of and Maybe RND).

Egan no return date and Basham we probably will never see again.

So we clearly do need some more. But is it just for this season given it's loans?

We are chasing cb's it would seem.
I suppose it makes sense given who we can select from. (Anel, Robinson, Trusty, Baldock-kind of and Maybe RND).

Egan no return date and Basham we probably will never see again.

So we clearly do need some more. But is it just for this season given it's loans?
Surely long term? 3/5 maybe not here next season.

4 clean sheet in 33 games is good compared with our record of 1 in 21.

Back
Top Bottom