Transfer Talk

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A couple of madmen driving a speedboat didn't do the USS Cole much good, did they?

It's not all about size and power. To continue your salty analogy, Drake's ships were outgunned by the powerful Spanish galleons but they didn't like it up 'em.

Happy to help with more naval analogies as required.....

The weather was as much to do with the outcome of the Spanish Armada as Drake was. Ever heard of the English Armada which took place afterwards to take advantage of the Spanish loss of ships and crew and establish English naval superiority for years to come?
Drake was involved in that one too, but I think you can probably guess why it's not so well known in Britain.

Leaving aside analogies what we need is a combination of serious expenditure on the players we can't produce ourselves, picking up undervalued players with skills we need like Duffy, Fleck and McGoldrick and bringing through young lads from the academy. We have produced a number of players over recent years that are doing well for other clubs in the Prem so surely there are one or two on the fringe at the moment?

The good news is that we currently have the best management team in many years working on the problem. If they get the backing we'll be in with a chance.

3/4 or even 2/3 real quality players to add to last years squad (assuming Deano) would do it for me - quality over quantity every time.

We have produced a number of players over recent years that are doing well for other clubs in the Prem so surely there are one or two on the fringe at the moment?
A number of threads about this but if you look at how the loanees performed last year you'll realise we're someway away from the next breakthrough.

No signings until Court Case is settled and if McCabe wins it won't be until a buyer is found. budget is locked down until further investment or the Prince wins which is about as likely as us staying up next season given everything going off behind the scenes.

A number of threads about this but if you look at how the loanees performed last year you'll realise we're someway away from the next breakthrough.

Shame about that, it will mean that we need to spend more than we would have liked, but I'm confident that Wilder and Knill will know what's required. The problem being are they going to get the backing they deserve?

If they do I think we are in with a better than average chance of staying up, if not it will take a small miracle and a load of luck to survive. It's the Blades way.

No signings until Court Case is settled and if McCabe wins it won't be until a buyer is found. budget is locked down until further investment or the Prince wins which is about as likely as us staying up next season given everything going off behind the scenes.

just wishful thinking on your behalf

Lost track and gave up when people started boat ship war analogy comparison things
If I'm ever so bored I need to talk about boats on the net just wont bother. I'd go hit my bell end with a hammer.
Have a word ffs.
I wonder what that would sound like...
If you ever get that bored do enlighten us. I don't fancy trying it on mine. 😮

You're entitled to your opinion, but mine is that no true Blade would have an avatar with a blue and white shirt, no matter who is wearing it. Whatever credibility you may have had (not much to be fair), has now totally gone.

A couple of madmen driving a speedboat didn't do the USS Cole much good, did they?

It's not all about size and power. To continue your salty analogy, Drake's ships were outgunned by the powerful Spanish galleons but they didn't like it up 'em.

Happy to help with more naval analogies as required.....

I know what you mean, but references to Drake etc. illustrate all that we've been doing wrong in this country - we live in a 'golden past' which probably never existed in the first place. People talk about us 'having the best police/army/navy etc. in the world' but it's nonsense. Without denigrating the brave efforts of our armed forces, do we really need them or is it just to keep our vain politicians at 'the top table'?

We regularly see tales of a couple of our planes 'seeing off' Russian surveillance planes, our already-out-of-date aircraft carriers etc. yet can't stop a few dinghies crossing the Channel every day. In my book, the best army/navy/air force in the world is the biggest and best-equipped. We're playing at it and if it came to a serious conflict, we wouldn't stand a chance.

Omg, they are so jealous they even come on our forum now. Anyone for a bacon sandwich.

You still here you saddo?

I know what i will do....i'll spend some of my weekend time going on a message board of my local rivals team and pretend (very badly) to be one of them and try to (very badly) be a wind-up-merchant....you were outed a long time ago lickle piggy wig. You sad sad depressed little man.

I know what you mean, but references to Drake etc. illustrate all that we've been doing wrong in this country - we live in a 'golden past' which probably never existed in the first place. People talk about us 'having the best police/army/navy etc. in the world' but it's nonsense. Without denigrating the brave efforts of our armed forces, do we really need them or is it just to keep our vain politicians at 'the top table'?

We regularly see tales of a couple of our planes 'seeing off' Russian surveillance planes, our already-out-of-date aircraft carriers etc. yet can't stop a few dinghies crossing the Channel every day. In my book, the best army/navy/air force in the world is the biggest and best-equipped. We're playing at it and if it came to a serious conflict, we wouldn't stand a chance.

Two words. Nuclear. Submarines.

Lol
Have you tried those energy drinks by Elev8 yet ? And if you ever need a Taxi I hear D Taxis are very reasonably priced.
Come on now you are just mad because you paid Chancer 2k for you season ticket on the kop last season and had to watch that crap but at least you got your name on the back of your seat, did the lucky lucky man ever turn up with the watch you also got ?

4/10 must try harder.........:rolleyes:

know what you mean, but references to Drake etc. illustrate all that we've been doing wrong in this country - we live in a 'golden past' which probably never existed in the first plac

My Drake quote was not some Brexit 'when half the world was coloured pink' qoute.
It was more about pointing out to our resident matelot, he is not the only one with an appreciation of naval history and might does not always triumph.

I can assure you I do not live in a golden past.

I am a Blade.

I do know modern history cam be shit.....

In your piggy dreams

My Drake quote was not some Brexit 'when half the world was coloured pink' qoute.
It was more about pointing out to our resident matelot, he is not the only one with an appreciation of naval history and might does not always triumph.

I can assure you I do not live in a golden past.

I am a Blade.

I do know modern history cam be shit.....

...but what hasn't changed is that we've always been 'lions led by donkeys'. :(

I’m going to go back in and regrade it to a 2/10 ;) he’s such a dopey cunt maybe I was a tad generous :cool:

Wow so where just throwing the C bombs on here are we.... absolute classless no wonder where hated on the same level as Leeds now days.

Back
Top Bottom