Transfer Budget...................£20m

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Decent mid table championship budget that ( excluding wages )

It's not bollocks though is it.

Norwich have announced they have 20m to spend.... Wilder has said we'll have similar to Norwich.

Doesn't take a fekkin genius to come up with the story.
Where have norwhich said that why would they announce that

What is the other £80m going towards - seriously?

Go on have an educated guess

[/QUOTE]

This £20m is based on absolutely fuck all by the way and the guy who runs that news site should know better.

This is all it says in the Mail:

HOW MUCH MONEY DO THEY HAVE TO SPEND
Ownership squabbles have ended up in court and left United's spending plans uncertain. Suffice to say, Wilder is likely to get a similar budget to Norwich, around £20million.

A direct quote from Wilder himself when the season ended.

Radio Sheffield “Do you know how much you will have to spend next season?”
CW: “The owners have not spoken to me yet about the exact figure but I’m expecting it to be in the ball park of what Norwich are being reported to be spending. I’ve already drawn up a list of realistic targets and recently given it to the club”.

Norwich were in the press a few days earlier saying they will be spending 20 million on transfers.

Doesn’t mean we will be given 20 mill but that’s what he’s expecting and he’s clearly ok with that amount.

Last edited:
I suppose it hasn’t crossed the minds of many that Wilder and the club would deliberately under state the transfer budget to avoid alerting selling clubs of what’s available to him?

There is simply no way the budget is £20m. Not unless they’re planning for relegation and Wilder wouldn’t stick around if they were. Same for Norwich. No way that’s their real budget. I can’t remember the last time a PL club spent as little as that on recruitment. Must be years.

Wilder's also said on numerous occasions that we want to sign 4 or 5 before going on to sign closer to 10.

It really doesn't matter what he says in May.

Especially before he'd even spoken to the owners.

He will have told them the reasonable amount he needs to make us competitive. They'd be incredibly stupid and ungrateful not to grant him that amount.

I said weeks ago we would spend between 20-25m and I’ve seen or heard nothing to change my mind on that.

Should be spending 35m minimum imo but that’s not United as we know.

Need some CW magic and a few players to really step up to the highest level.

I’d we stop up then CW will have, without doubt, sealed his place as our greatest Manager of the last 50 years.

20 will see us relegated, it's just not enough to get the quality needed.

Wilder's also said on numerous occasions that we want to sign 4 or 5 before going on to sign closer to 10.

It really doesn't matter what he says in May.

Especially before he'd even spoken to the owners.

He will have told them the reasonable amount he needs to make us competitive. They'd be incredibly stupid and ungrateful not to grant him that amount.

2ymf5lt.jpg

That’s Stupid on the left and ungrateful on the right 👍

Surely it's more than 20 mill. Lighting would have to strike again for us to survive. Ridiculous.

If it is £20 million now, with another similar amount in January after the management team have had a chance to evaluate how the squad is performing, I can imagine Wilder being content with that.
Especially if he does well in the loans market.

I’m sure there will be some flexibility here - the budget will stretch if a target we really want becomes available but wilder is not gonna spend 35m+ for the sake of it.

I do worry about getting the right number of quality players in though. Especially with idiot clubs like villa who are gonna inflate the market

I'm calling cobblers.

Norwich said £20m

I've only ever heard Wilder say "between Cardiff and Fulham" which is a pretty large range.

Wouldn't suprise me. McCabe still doesn't realise we are in the premier league

Just clicked the link, Daily Mail.

May as well wipe my arse and stare at the Andrex looking for hidden transfer stories.

It's not bollocks though is it.

Norwich have announced they have 20m to spend.... Wilder has said we'll have similar to Norwich.

Doesn't take a fekkin genius to come up with the story.

He also said between Cardiff and Fulham on national TV but that's too positive for some people.

I don't know why anyone is surprised, it's likely to be true.
Too many people have got the idea "ooh we're getting £170 million for promotion so we must be spending at least £50 million"
We always do things on the cheap, can anyone honestly see us spending £10 million on one player?! Not happening I'm afraid!

Too many people have got the idea "ooh we're getting £170 million for promotion so we must be spending at least £50 million"
We always do things on the cheap, can anyone honestly see us spending £10 million on one player?! Not happening I'm afraid!
I can understand anyone who takes your viewpoint, but I bet you a sherbert dab you will be (happily) eating your words this summer.

How the fuck would the Daily Mail know how much the transfer budget is....?

Yet more tabloid bollocks where the content doesn’t fit the headline or even purport to. It’s not fake news because it contains no news.

Daily Fucking Mail.

I can understand anyone who takes your viewpoint, but I bet you a sherbert dab you will be (happily) eating your words this summer.
Hopefully! It's worrying that McCabe sees 20 million as a healthy budget for the premier league!
Also what else is worrying is the likes of stoke and Middlesbrough have spent a lot more than that trying to get out of the championship, obviously getting them nowhere.

Too many people like to denigrate the club they claim to support at every opportunity. It happens I’m afraid.

Too many people throw around the £170m figure when the actual guaranteed figure for the season is about £95m. £170m depends on relegation and two subsequent seasons in the Championship. Still, if it’s in the Daily Mail and moanworthy it’s likely to be true...

Hopefully! It's worrying that McCabe sees 20 million as a healthy budget for the premier league!
Also what else is worrying is the likes of stoke and Middlesbrough have spent a lot more than that trying to get out of the championship, obviously getting them nowhere.
Do you have a quote from McCabe re the £20m budget?
And why would you worry about Stoke and Boro failing, surely that just tells you what an amazing manager we have?

I’d remove the word in brackets. The agenda will continue. Not even promotion to the Premier League will get in the way of the relentless quest to rubbish our own club. It’s the Bladesfans’ Way.

Do you have a quote from McCabe re the £20m budget?
And why would you worry about Stoke and Boro failing, surely that just tells you what an amazing manager we have?
No but McCabe being McCabe, he thought £10 mil was enough last time around!
Yes but unfourtanatley the premier league is a different kettle of fish to the championship.
£20 million just won't be enough to keep us up.

Back
Top Bottom