Training facilities

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's what I mean, it does look impressive but money seems to loose all m aning on stuff like this. Glass is not that expensive to manufacture, a million pounds is a hell of a lot of money.

I am just living in the past I think 😂😂
It is wild, ridiculous figures being thrown around. Says it all that I actually thought £100m was cheap for that!

When you look at some of those glass panes though, they look bigger than my house, and they've got loads of em.

The Arbour lad in me can't help but see all that glass, and be tempted by a pile of stones 😂

It’s obviously all about costs but there is plenty of suitable space on the outskirts of the city, towards the Peaks or even into Dronfield.

It’s obviously all about costs but there is plenty of suitable space on the outskirts of the city, towards the Peaks or even into Dronfield.
Leicester's training ground is 10.2 miles from their stadium. A similar distance for us would take us up to places like wath upon dearne, dinnington, chesterfield, bakewell, bamford and stocksbridge. Plenty of open green space within that area. Affordable suitable available space is another story.

Whilst it’s very swish Leicester aren’t really a decent yard stick for us t use they’re an established prem club with occasional European adventures. I’d hope we’re looking at a set up like Swansea’s or Palace’s new set ups

and the previous 3 years?
We had different managers so it’s hard to say isn’t it. Perhaps this suggests there’s not some great conspiracy with Van Winkle and co pulling all the strings on transfers? Otherwise we’d consistently be bad at it.

Not saying you are wrong but I do sometimes think how when they report these sums, it is some grass and a few buildings what the hell have they spent £100M on. I do think this about stadium costs as well though, it is concrete, steel and plastic how the hell have they spent £500M on it!

I do suspect this is the tight arse Yorkshire man in me though as I have the same reaction to her shopping sprees at meadowhall 🤦
Don’t forget fitting’s and fixtures dressing rooms, showers, office etc it all adds up 💵💰

Screenshot_20220709-163736_Google~2.jpgShirecliffe looking good now the first 100 quid been spent on fertiliser keep the faith blade's 👍👍👍👍

Whilst it’s very swish Leicester aren’t really a decent yard stick for us t use they’re an established prem club with occasional European adventures. I’d hope we’re looking at a set up like Swansea’s or Palace’s new set ups

Not so sure....historically we're a bigger club than Leicester City and far far bigger than Palace or Swansea.

So it the raises the question if Leicester can establish themselves and have the odd European adventure then why can't we?
I doubt much will happen to our training facilities on a revolutionary level until we're established in the PL.

The owner was already talking about spending significant funds on the training ground after out 1st season, shame we were relegated in out 2nd season.

Not so sure....historically we're a bigger club than Leicester City and far far bigger than Palace or Swansea.

So it the raises the question if Leicester can establish themselves and have the odd European adventure then why can't we?
I doubt much will happen to our training facilities on a revolutionary level until we're established in the PL.

The owner was already talking about spending significant funds on the training ground after out 1st season, shame we were relegated in out 2nd season.
I’d say because they have a very wealthy patron and had an almost unprecedented level of success with their transfer business for a period of time.

It’s not impossible for those things to happen here but it’s unlikely to happen between now and us breaking ground on any new facility

I’d say because they have a very wealthy patron and had an almost unprecedented level of success with their transfer business for a period of time.

It’s not impossible for those things to happen here but it’s unlikely to happen between now and us breaking ground on any new facility

and the fact they sent millions on a new ground.....then went into admin and had their massive debts cleared.

and the fact they sent millions on a new ground.....then went into admin and had their massive debts cleared.
Yeah but their big new facility came off the back of them challenging at the top and selling players for huge fees.

Swansea’s set up was a great example when they built it I think they did it in conjunction with the uni but it was all signing all dancing just not quite on the scale of one like Leicester.

Listening to Hecky's pre-match interview for the friendly later... he pointed out the facilities of where they are now and that it's top class and it gives them no excuses. doing 4 sessions a day

Wish our facilities at home were just as good so that it gives the players all the reasons to perform and feel-good about going to work each day

Imagine being at these facilities in Portugal then going back to Shirecliffe where it's all falling apart. Must not be great for morale

He isn't making out their facilities are great and ours are shit.
He is just explaining what they are doing. It's a great morale boosting trip.
Our facilities need improving, but the rest of the OP is just your own interpretation.

...and with very rich owners.

Darren Smith said on Twitter yesterday that work was underway with improving Shirecliffe (guessing he means the pitch drainage issue).

I think realistically, we need another spell in the Premier League to fund a new training complex (or a very rich owner). The club seem to have it on their radar and are looking at sites, and the proactivity is good, but we probably need some proper capital behind us to deliver something special. Securing the land could be the hardest and longest piece of the puzzle though.

It’s not often there are realistic , clear, factual common sense posts on this subject and this is probably the best one yet posted.

Just beating “there’s no fucking money”

VERY
RICH
OWNERS

Historically Italy and Greece were famous for their magnificent empires, now their famous for their national debt.

Point being, the past is the past, it means nothing.

I suppose we've only made a £30m profit in the last couple of years, plus another £20m on Ramsdale not reported yet, plus £46m in parachute payments, so you can see what people mean when they say there's simply no money to fix the showers at the training ground

I suppose we've only made a £30m profit in the last couple of years, plus another £20m on Ramsdale not reported yet, plus £46m in parachute payments, so you can see what people mean when they say there's simply no money to fix the showers at the training ground
It's all the 'to be paid' installments you've got to factor in too though.

Great we made 18m and 9m profit, but it doesn't mean we are quids in if we still need to find 50m in fees owned on the PL players. It's not as if the Ramsdale money came in one installment either.

In the Championship as a general rule your incomings aren't covering your outgoings either.

We cannot afford elite training facilities as we are not an elite club. Two seasons in the Premier League with a poor owner by Premier League standards will never change that. Pointing to parachute payments after being relegated and a modest profit on the sale of Ramsdale do not suddenly make us a rich club. We still have to pay the big wages to the players that we were relegated with for starters. We can only invest in the infrastructure if a wealthy owner comes in or we spend a good few years in the top flight. That is where we are.

£1.8m on a couple of new Desso pitches, would suggest they won’t be relocating away from Shirecliffe in the immediate future.

Are we having an inflatable tent over them ?

Back
Top Bottom