Training facilities

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lmaobob

Wind Up Merchant
Reaction score
Listening to Hecky's pre-match interview for the friendly later... he pointed out the facilities of where they are now and that it's top class and it gives them no excuses. doing 4 sessions a day

Wish our facilities at home were just as good so that it gives the players all the reasons to perform and feel-good about going to work each day

Imagine being at these facilities in Portugal then going back to Shirecliffe where it's all falling apart. Must not be great for morale

I feel sometimes that some of our European pre-season trips are as much as having a nice time as they are preparation.

Spending money on something like this is the perfect way to start a pre-season. It also shows a level of professionalism and elite training which we miss on a daily basis. The club really needs to move heaven and earth to get our facilities sorted.

Listening to Hecky's pre-match interview for the friendly later... he pointed out the facilities of where they are now and that it's top class and it gives them no excuses. doing 4 sessions a day

Wish our facilities at home were just as good so that it gives the players all the reasons to perform and feel-good about going to work each day

Imagine being at these facilities in Portugal then going back to Shirecliffe where it's all falling apart. Must not be great for morale

Long way to keep going for training though, Portugal, when you're playing Saturday - Tuesday! 😂

There’s one big problem though.

Updating our facilities costs loads of money.

Don’t think many of our fans would accept that we’ve spent most of the player budget on facilities.

Almost every time our fans say the priority is better players and gaining promotion. I suspect that once we’re established in the PL then the training ground will receive a massive upgrade.

Stick a few Portuguese flags and buy some bottles of Nandos Wild Herb for the canteen at Shirecliffe. Job done.

Imagine being a professional footballer, earning 10's of thousands of pounds per week and going back to Shirecliffe after being taken on an all expenses paid, week's jolly up in the sun and thinking "I hate it here. It's shit this... Wish I was back on the factory floor with the lads."

Leicester City's cost £100m.
Not saying you are wrong but I do sometimes think how when they report these sums, it is some grass and a few buildings what the hell have they spent £100M on. I do think this about stadium costs as well though, it is concrete, steel and plastic how the hell have they spent £500M on it!

I do suspect this is the tight arse Yorkshire man in me though as I have the same reaction to her shopping sprees at meadowhall 🤦

Is ours that bad ? from what I have heard one of the pitches is soggy on one side (so that will be fine until winter) and the gym roof has a leak.

Hardly derelict is it?

Not saying you are wrong but I do sometimes think how when they report these sums, it is some grass and a few buildings what the hell have they spent £100M on.
It’s been a huge development. I’m sure they could have delivered something for less that would have still been ahead of most PL facilities, but they seem to have invested in this as key to their long term plans to develop players and attract them into the club. The 185 acres probably make a dent in that total cost before anything is even done to the land itself.

Not saying you are wrong but I do sometimes think how when they report these sums, it is some grass and a few buildings what the hell have they spent £100M on. I do think this about stadium costs as well though, it is concrete, steel and plastic how the hell have they spent £500M on it!

I do suspect this is the tight arse Yorkshire man in me though as I have the same reaction to her shopping sprees at meadowhall 🤦

Worth a look.

www.lcfc.com/tv/1949983/lcfc-training-ground-a-closer-look

Coming back to UK heatwave? If it lasts, that preparation will have been worthwhile.

I thought the Shirecliffe issues had money already allocated to it?

Is ours that bad ? from what I have heard one of the pitches is soggy on one side (so that will be fine until winter) and the gym roof has a leak.

Hardly derelict is it?
It's pretty crap, compared to other clubs of our size. Doesn't help with attracting or retaining players. Or development. Needs to be sorted asap.

There’s one big problem though.

Updating our facilities costs loads of money.

Don’t think many of our fans would accept that we’ve spent most of the player budget on facilities.

Almost every time our fans say the priority is better players and gaining promotion. I suspect that once we’re established in the PL then the training ground will receive a massive upgrade.
So, never then?

Our plan is to attract young players and develop them.

We have a league 1 academy and crap outdated training facilities.

The plan has already failed.

I for one am more concerned about the long-term future of the club than instant success. Happy to trend water for a couple of seasons if we end up with top notch infrastructure which will last decades.

I feel sometimes that some of our European pre-season trips are as much as having a nice time as they are preparation.

Spending money on something like this is the perfect way to start a pre-season. It also shows a level of professionalism and elite training which we miss on a daily basis. The club really needs to move heaven and earth to get our facilities sorted.

I get this. However we need to get this right. Should we continue with our current arrangement and patch up/upgrade as we go along? Or take our time and identify a new site and build something that will be in use for decades and cement a legacy?

It would be nice to see some progress though. Whichever they decide to do.

I get this. However we need to get this right. Should we continue with our current arrangement and patch up/upgrade as we go along? Or take our time and identify a new site and build something that will be in use for decades and cement a legacy?

It would be nice to see some progress though. Whichever they decide to do.
We can't have a top academy where we are now. Not enough pitches or facilities.

We should be building something bespoke from scratch. This has been going on for years and should have been sorted already. Yet we've seemingly made little or no progress.

If we're waiting until we become an established EPL team then league 1 beckons.

Darren Smith said on Twitter yesterday that work was underway with improving Shirecliffe (guessing he means the pitch drainage issue).

I think realistically, we need another spell in the Premier League to fund a new training complex (or a very rich owner). The club seem to have it on their radar and are looking at sites, and the proactivity is good, but we probably need some proper capital behind us to deliver something special. Securing the land could be the hardest and longest piece of the puzzle though.

We can't have a top academy where we are now. Not enough pitches or facilities.

We should be building something bespoke from scratch. This has been going on for years and should have been sorted already. Yet we've seemingly made little or no progress.

If we're waiting until we become an established EPL team then league 1 beckons.
I don’t think we are necessarily waiting. We know the club have and are looking at sites. Much of this is out of their control - we know they got knocked back on the Norton Aerodrome plot. It can take such a long time (also bare in mind the SCC factor).

I don’t think we are necessarily waiting. We know the club have and are looking at sites. Much of this is out of their control - we know they got knocked back on the Norton Aerodrome plot. It can take such a long time (also bare in mind the SCC factor).
I suspect our acquisitions department went to the same school as the recruitment department!

We've needed this since before we went up. SCC are useless but it seems like there's only a push when something kicks off about it.

Is there a 200 acre site anywhere near Sheffield?
Yes, just need to bulldoze that hell hole called "Meadowhall".

Seriously though, there are plenty of open spaces, it's just that some are in shit hole areas.

Looking at the video I'm surprised it's only £100m.

Looks like about £1m worth of glass for starters 🥴

Yes, just need to bulldoze that hell hole called "Meadowhall".

Seriously though, there are plenty of open spaces, it's just that some are in shit hole areas.
Ski Village.

Let's follow Yeovil's example and use the slope

Looking at the video I'm surprised it's only £100m.

Looks like about £1m worth of glass for starters 🥴
That's what I mean, it does look impressive but money seems to loose all meaning on stuff like this. Glass is not that expensive to manufacture, a million pounds is a hell of a lot of money.

I am just living in the past I think 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom