Training Centre - Will it ever be completed and open?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

New Training Centre.

• Yes, it will get completed

Votes: 221 72.2%
  • No. It won't ever get completed.

Votes: 85 27.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
finally I'm fed up of telling people Norton wasn't happening, also heard that possibility of some of the women teams stuff being folded into the redevelopment of Concord sport centre and steel city Ground, however now this is done it may not be happening also maybe this has been holding up any club sale better to have this sorted as makes it more attractive for investors

Buying the HSBC land and spending a few bob on getting the hotel back on its feet means he added value to the asset list

Is he doing this to make the club more saleable?

Shirecliffe
Has that been confirmed, because this suggests otherwise:

“The club will also retain the current training headquarters at Shirecliffe, which will solely be used by the Academy, with further scope to develop the site towards the long-term end goal of achieving Category One status.”

Has that been confirmed, because this suggests otherwise:

“The club will also retain the current training headquarters at Shirecliffe, which will solely be used by the Academy, with further scope to develop the site towards the long-term end goal of achieving Category One status.”
Thought I had read it in the original statement but looks like I was wrong.

I drive past the site of the new training ground most days, so will be keeping a close eye out for signs of activity, spades in the ground etc.

Can anyone answer this very important question?

Will this give us the highest training ground in the football league?

Can anyone answer this very important question?

Will this give us the highest training ground in the football league?
The current pitch at HSBC sports ground is 215 Metres above sea level. High altitude training! Must be a contender for highest in the country.

What I do know from playing there many times is it's absolutely freezing in Winter, should make playing at the lane a breeze :)

The current pitch at HSBC sports ground is 215 Metres above sea level. High altitude training! Must be a contender for highest in the country.

What I do know from playing there many times is it's absolutely freezing in Winter, should make playing at the lane a breeze :)
If that’s right and it was our ground it would be highest ground in the country by a considerable amount, so good chance it’s the highest training ground.

Must be a bit windy up there, hope they're going to build a decent indoor facility :)

I see Reading are selling their training ground to Wycombe. We should buy it instead and just fly up from White Waltham airport to Netherthorpe on match days in those little planes. Sorted.

Even colder were the pitches up at Castle Dyke 🥶. At least the HSBC ground plus the nearby Whirlow playing fields and old Sheffield Poly pitches had some cover from the trees. Castle Dyke was just like wild moors, f***ING freezing.

I see Reading are selling their training ground to Wycombe. We should buy it instead and just fly up from White Waltham airport to Netherthorpe on match days in those little planes. Sorted.

Desperate times for Reading.

I wonder if that might help us with getting Cat 1 academy status? Reading currently have a Cat 1 academy, but doubt they'll be able to keep it having sold their training ground? Not sure how it works though, is it just a certain number of Cat 1 academies, or is the number unlimited as long as they meet the requirements?

I drive past the site of the new training ground most days, so will be keeping a close eye out for signs of activity, spades in the ground etc.
I wouldn't look too hard for now. The cricket team is definitley playing on there until the end of June.

Even colder were the pitches up at Castle Dyke 🥶. At least the HSBC ground plus the nearby Whirlow playing fields and old Sheffield Poly pitches had some cover from the trees. Castle Dyke was just like wild moors, f***ING freezing.
My son's under 18 team play home games at Castle Dyke.

Whatever the time of year or weather forecast, first rule is take your big coat :)

My son's under 18 team play home games at Castle Dyke.

Whatever the time of year or weather forecast, first rule is take your big coat :)
I played cricket regularly at Castledyke in the mid 1990s, played against Woodseats Social that included Chris Wilder, Mark Todd and David Frain.

Different sport but Sheffield Tigers facility up on the Moors, bloody freezing watching let alone playing.

At least Castle Dyke had showers though unlike Whirlow Playing Fields off Limb Lane, even though sometimes the hot water wasn't working 🙄. They were our school pitches (shared with Whitely Wood) back in the 60's. Also played there in the 70's/80's in the Sunday leagues. On one occasion one of our players walked off at half time because it was that cold 😕. Happy days!

Actually, that's not as daft as it sounds.

Desperate times for Reading.

I’d love to know what their owner is up to. He’s says he’s potless and trying to sell. But it’s been going on for years, so could they have resorted to this measure earlier and stabilised the club for the medium term? Rather than drop through the divisions and get deeper in the mire...

It makes me worry about Princey’s approach to selling.

Back
Top Bottom