Tonight's Championship games..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we’re to reach the playoffs the last team I would want to play is Cardiff. It just adds an extra dimension we don’t need. Let them have 2nd, Colin won’t keep them up anyway.

But not that strange. Let's face it, first and second spots have now gone for the Blades and a play-off spot is the best we can hope for. We've got 42 points to play for, are 12 points behind Cardiff and are -14 behind on GD. There's no way we'll make that up in our final 14 games. We'd have to avoid defeat in our last games and hope Cardiff go on a Brizzle/Derby-esque collapse in form (and hope Villa slip up far more than us):
If we win at Hull and Reading, and Cardiff drop points against Bristol C at the weekend, the gap will be 6 or 7 points with 12 to play. We would then need to beat them at the Lane and get one better result across the other 11 games to be in with a shout come the final day.

Perhaps not likely, but certainly not crazy talk!

If we win at Hull and Reading, and Cardiff drop points against Bristol C at the weekend, the gap will be 6 or 7 points with 12 to play. We would then need to beat them at the Lane and get one better result across the other 11 games to be in with a shout come the final day.

Perhaps not likely, but certainly not crazy talk!

And Villa and Fulham suddenly lose form as well? Sorry, but our extended 'blip' has left us with no room for manoeuvre. We should be looking for nine points from Hull, Reading and Burton, but I doubt if we'll achieve that. Not crazy talk, but...

Form over the last 6 games:

Wolves 11 points, Cardiff 13, Villa 10, Derby 6, Fulham 11, Bristol 6, Us 9, Boro 7, Prest 9, Brentford 7, Leeds 3, Norwich 9, Millwall 11, Ipsw 5, QPR 6, SW 5, Forest 2, Read 4, Bolton 7, Brum 6, Hull 4, Burton 5, Barnsley 1, Sund 1.

We have a run of steady fixtures right through to Fulham away and Brentford away in late March.

For passing interest re 'The Gap': Wednesday could well lose all theirs, Bolton at home being much the easiest.

I wish people would give NW some credit for being excellent at getting teams promotion. That he can't carry it through to the PL doesn't make him a bad manager, clubs should employ him on the remit of getting promotion, a nice, fat pay-off and adieu (but then, how many managers would guarantee safety in the PL?)

Will Chris Wilder be viewed in a similar vein to Neil Warnock, after all he has no experience of managing at PL level ?

And Villa and Fulham suddenly lose form as well? Sorry, but our extended 'blip' has left us with no room for manoeuvre. We should be looking for nine points from Hull, Reading and Burton, but I doubt if we'll achieve that. Not crazy talk, but...

We could very easily be above Fulham by Wednesday morning.

I would point out that although we are 12 points adrift of cardiff as it stands we have a game in hand
win tha its 9

beat cardiff when we meet its 6
they have to play more top 10 than we do

its not over till susan boyle sings

Bristol City are a spent force.

6th is ours to lose.

Was at Brizzol game last night, how did Fulham score 5 v us?? They were tippy tappy in their own half and no attacking threat. Bristol edged it but we are so much better than both teams. We just need to be a bit more solid defensively. And believe !

I would point out that although we are 12 points adrift of cardiff as it stands we have a game in hand
win tha its 9

And what about the teams between us and Cardiff?

When people talk about catching teams above us, i think they forget that not only do we have to go on a run to catch them, we then have to maintain our form to stay in that position.

So, a 5 pts or less gap is very do-able, but more than that, eg. Cardiff, it becomes tough because teams at the top at this stage are there for a reason, and aren't likely to drop enough points for us to catch them and stay above.
However there is still time for this to happen, so won't rule it out.

Watched the second half of the Derby v Leeds match - in terms of skill it was terrible.

How the fuck are Derby so high up the table ??

UTB !
We outplayed them in both fixtures this season. If we made the PO I'd certainly fancy them in the semis.

And what about the teams between us and Cardiff?
they all play each other and like us will lose the odd game to lower clubs , they are all just as fallable as us
any team that can win 7/8 on the trot against the weaker side are going to have an opportunity to press on

Last edited:
they all play each other and like us will lose the odd game to lower clubs , they are all just as fallable as us
any team that can win 7/8 on the trot against the weaker side are going to have an opportunity to press on

You're missing the point: they can't be "just as fallable" they need to all be significantly more fallable for us to get automatic.

win tha its 9

You're missing the point: they can't be "just as fallable" they need to all be significantly more fallable for us to get automatic.
not really ,
we win tonight weve all played the same numbr of games
we will only be 5 points off 3rd aston villa
we only need cardiff to drop more points

win tonight its a first real look at the task in hand as all of us will have played 33
be a true reflection rather than us looking a mile behind

1 Wolves 33 22 7 4 59 26 33 73
2 Cardiff 33 19 7 7 49 27 22 64
3 Aston Villa 33 17 9 7 49 30 19 60
4 Derby 33 16 11 6 50 28 22 59
5 Fulham 33 15 11 7 55 37 18 56
6 Sheff Utd 33 17 4 12 46 38 10 55
7 Bristol City 33 14 12 7 48 39 9 54

a 2-0 win tonight and its not so far away when weve all played 33
2 wins would lift us above villa in 3rd
obviously over a few games, but its more of a hill than a mountain
do need cardiff to have a major blip, we can help by beating them here
but we all know warnock can do that
he did it for us in the prem

we just have to go on a run of winning games to finish the season off
mind you we havent done that since , ooh last season

Last edited:
13 points from the next 6 games is very do-able even though 4 are away fixtures.

Hull - A (3)
Reading - A (1)
Burton - H (3)
Fulham - A (0)
Ipswich - A (3)
Forest - H (3)

Not nailed on obviously but very do-able imo and should see us sitting comfortable in the play-off positions.

Would put us on 65 with 8 games remaining. (24 points to play for)

All ifs and buts I know :p

*as a side note I reckon only 4 more wins from today will see us finish above the Wendy :D

Back
Top Bottom