Player Suggestion Tom Bayliss

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Biggs adding 2 + 2 to make 15 I presume there, but would be a smart signing if it were true

Exactly the sort of thing we should be doing imo.

Get him in and then send him on loan for some more experience of league football. You get him back a better player and see if he’s ready to make an impact.

His price will go one way if he has a good seasons - that arsenal player went for 10m after a decent league one campaign.

He just wouldn't play.

And buying just to sell for profit doesn't seem like something we'd do.

He just wouldn't play.

Not this year at least but for a low price there’s plenty of upside. We’d not lose any money on him at the least.

I am ITK as much as Pasta Man, but checked on Coventry forum and PNE appears to be more likely

if we signed this lad that’d be the cherry on the perfect cake that is this window. I do think he’d get game time tbh, mainly as backup to fleck or norwood, might involve an initial 3 month loan to test waters in the championship though.

Preston are closing in on the signing of Coventry midfielder Tom Bayliss. #pne #skyblues

He just wouldn't play.

No it’s investing for the future. As said loan him back to Coventry or some other club so he gets the game time and then if he matures he gets to be part of our first team squad so we get him for not a lot now rather than buying him in 3 years time got £10 mill.

In all honesty, Preston would be a better move for him at this stage of his career as hell, in all likelihood, get more game time there.

A purchase with a view to immediately loaning him out is another option but I think CW has enough on his plate at the moment without moving into that area.

No it’s investing for the future. As said loan him back to Coventry or some other club so he gets the game time and then if he matures he gets to be part of our first team squad so we get him for not a lot now rather than buying him in 3 years time got £10 mill.

We've already invested a LOT for the future. Signing one to immediately loan out doesn't fit with our current strategy. We have enough on our hands stretching the budget on players who'll help us survive this season. After we've done that maybe we can occasionally take the 'buy to loan' approach.

Back
Top Bottom