To the ‘fans’ leaving early

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m not telling them what to do. Im saying they’re cunts for leaving early.
You literally posted a thread telling fans what they should do.

And I bet you didn't say a fucking word to anyone leaving early in person. Because likely you'd have been put in your place properly.

Have to come on here instead begging for attention playing bigger blade.

I am so glad this thread exists. Me and my dad were sat high up and sang whole way through. We were looked at like weirdos. Hardly anyone sang with us. We tried to pick the crowd up to support the lads so many times and we got nothing back. Very disappointing because the teams performance deserves better than for fans to sit there not saying a word. When they were in a rough patch they needed us to pick them up, and where we sat hardly anyone did that. Big. Big. Props to the lads who were behind us joining in to try and lift the crowd, not caring what anyone else thought though. I mean come on blades we were at bloody Wembley, we may not be back for another 10 years and you’ve got fans sat down not saying a word or supporting the lads and leaving with 10 minutes to go. For anyone that was the same as us and did sing, up the blades to the real United fans ⚔️

I am so glad this thread exists. Me and my dad were sat high up and sang whole way through. We were looked at like weirdos. Hardly anyone sang with us. We tried to pick the crowd up to support the lads so many times and we got nothing back. Very disappointing because the teams performance deserves better than for fans to sit there not saying a word. When they were in a rough patch they needed us to pick them up, and where we sat hardly anyone did that. Big. Big. Props to the lads who were behind us joining in to try and lift the crowd, not caring what anyone else thought though. I mean come on blades we were at bloody Wembley, we may not be back for another 10 years and you’ve got fans sat down not saying a word or supporting the lads and leaving with 10 minutes to go. For anyone that was the same as us and did sing, up the blades to the real United fans ⚔️

Oh ffs, as a young Blade you have no idea what a real United fan is. I'll give you a clue, he/she doesn't have every shirt from the last 20 years in their wardrobe and they don't sing like they're fucking simple for 90 minutes.

Oh ffs, as a young Blade you have no idea what a real United fan is. I'll give you a clue, he/she doesn't have every shirt from the last 20 years in their wardrobe and they don't sing like they're fucking simple for 90 minutes.
If you’ve chosen to come to Wembley you have chosen to physically support your team and pick them up when they’re losing. If you wanted to sit there and moan stay at home.

Some of you need to grow the fuck up. The ones with the superiority complex that is. In the most ideal of worlds I think a lot of us sympathise with being disappointed that the whole crowd don’t stay til the very end every match, but in reality it’s not that simple or easy. Obviously there needs to be more consideration for the situations others find themselves in. Is it really that hard to comprehend that people’s capabilities and situations differ? Fuck me.

I can see your point Lightsoot, I really do, but think you could have said the same thing a lot more politely and then got a better response. I agree it is frustrating when hundreds leave or thousands but then again having been to Wembley several times I know it's a nightmare to get away from and I think at 3 - 0 many would just think I really don't want to stay any longer when there's hours to get home. We all know it can take 2 hours just to get a few miles from the ground. I'm really annoyed the F.A put the game at Wembley when we could have played it at Old Trafford which would have been a far better venue for both teams and I don't think either City or Blades fans would have had a problem with that. They don't care about the fans as much as they do making profit out of Wembley. We're a very London centric economy sadly and this just feels another example of it albeit nothing to do with politics but profit I suspect for Wembley/F.A.

I didn't go today, my wife was at hen do leaving me to look after the kids, all under 11 but saying that, I wouldn't have gone most likely even if my wife wasn't at the hen do because at 44 the big day out doesn't mean as much as it did when I was younger and having lost them all when I've been you do become cynical to a degree as well as the cost and time taken to get there and back! But as I say, so proud of the team and the fans did really well in my view, even if it was quieter than some wanted, I'm not surprised because it was such a tough assignment, especially after City scored.

Onto West Brom on Wednesday night, can't wait for that and the atmosphere will be rocking I think.

Last edited:

I left a minute early. I hate crowded trains. Fight me.

Loads of city fans left early too.
Exactly
Two sets of fans
One set didn't give a toss, it was just about how many they were going to win by
And another who didn't care a toss about any of it

We stayed till the bitter end. i wouldn't again. 1hr 10m to get out of the car park.
1hr 40m till we hit the M1. I've just walked in the house.
Me too.

Though instead of messing around waiting me and my mates went for a beer after the match. Hung around for an hour or so to let all the chaos die down. Stopped off at a services on the way back.

In terms of the thread, I mean, yeah do what you want but I don't see the reasons to travel down there if you're going to leave early. To be honest it's never made any sense to me but whatever. Coming down the stairs after the match all the fans were still singing, hardly like we were disappointed.

Good day to be honest.

I've left plently of England friendlies early from Wembley. Ball ache getting back from. I don't blame anyone doing so I don't know there travel arrangements. Door to door it's a hour and a half for me and I can literally see it from half a mile away! ( If I went 30 foot in the air I could see it from home!)

That so reminds me of the lyrics in my favourite Old Time Music Hall song by the wonderful Gus Elen .

“ If I climb up on the chimbley
I’d see all the way to Wembley
If it wasn’t for the ‘ouses in between “

:)

We stayed till the bitter end. i wouldn't again. 1hr 10m to get out of the car park.
1hr 40m till we hit the M1. I've just walked in the house.
Yes us too. Got stuck for 90 mins in traffic in stanmore.. it was a ball ache..
That said we had a great day..

Show a bit of respect and class and stay to the end to acknowledge the boys’ efforts along with Hecky and the coaches.

Leaving early is a proper c***s trick. If I was in charge I’d deduct ‘loyalty’ points off the lot of you. We’ve all had the privilege of going to Wembley today. The very least the players, staff and all the fans deserve is to be United and applaud everyone for their fantastic efforts.

Support isn’t defined by putting your hand in your pocket, or bigging yourself up by posting on social media. It’s about staying together through thick and thin to the very end and showing humility.
Give it a rest. This country is bad enough with the amount of preaching and dictating how we should think and behave. No idea how you travelled there but the M! and Stanmore were nightmares both going and returning. If someone wants to leave after 10 minutes that's got absolutely diddly squat to do with you.

I can see your point Lightsoot, I really do, but think you could have said the same thing a lot more politely and then got a better response. I agree it is frustrating when hundreds leave or thousands but then again having been to Wembley several times I know it's a nightmare to get away from and I think at 3 - 0 many would just think I really don't want to stay any longer when there's hours to get home. We all know it can take 2 hours just to get a few miles from the ground. I'm really annoyed the F.A put the game at Wembley when we could have played it at Old Trafford which would have been a far better venue for both teams and I don't think either City or Blades fans would have had a problem with that. They don't care about the fans as much as they do making profit out of Wembley. We're a very London centric economy sadly and this just feels another example of it albeit nothing to do with politics but profit I suspect for Wembley/F.A.

I didn't go today, my wife was at hen do leaving me to look after the kids, all under 11 but saying that, I wouldn't have gone most likely even if my wife wasn't at the hen do because at 44 the big day out doesn't mean as much as it did when I was younger and having lost them all when I've been you do become cynical to a degree as well as the cost and time taken to get there and back! But as I say, so proud of the team and the fans did really well in my view, even if it was quieter than some wanted, I'm not surprised because it was such a tough assignment, especially after City scored.

Onto West Brom on Wednesday night, can't wait for that and the atmosphere will be rocking I think.
Some good points mate and thanks for making them. Looking forward to West Brom too.

Give it a rest. This country is bad enough with the amount of preaching and dictating how we should think and behave. No idea how you travelled there but the M! and Stanmore were nightmares both going and returning. If someone wants to leave after 10 minutes that's got absolutely diddly squat to do with you.
You’re right, it hasn’t. I’m not saying it is. But for whatever reason you’ve chosen to leave early. And that’s on you. So own it. Checkmate.

That so reminds me of the lyrics in my favourite Old Time Music Hall song by the wonderful Gus Elen .

“ If I climb up on the chimbley
I’d see all the way to Wembley
If it wasn’t for the ‘ouses in between “

:)
Also:
With a ladder and some glasses,
You could see to 'ackney Marshes,

If it wasn't for the houses in between...👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom