Those two points though

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thursday's match is the very definition of a 6-pointer.

The best thing is that whatever happens we will hve had a great season so anything additional is bonus.

I just really do hope the Villa game doesn't mean we miss out on Europe by one or two points.

Uzbekistan got a replay for a World Cup Qualifier after the referee made a mistake in 2005, which was a pretty significant match.

Ireland got millions in compensation from FIFA after kicking up a fuss after the Henry handball in 2009.

The PL won't do anything now because we aren't taking legal action now, nor have we ruled out as Wilder has said/implied.

We will have to see where we end up then potentially proceed.

A nice, quiet compensation claim against Hawkeye is fine, they should be insured. A full blown lawsuit against the FA, PL, refs etc. is going to get us absolutely nowhere.

What would happen if Hawkeye was tested before a game and found to be not working properly? Would the game be called off?

So what?
It's a goal and makes it 1-0. It finished 0-0.

The goal line technology is supposed to be infallible.
Yeah, I thought it was infallible too. I was surprised it went wrong to the extent that it did, and that there was no process used to correct it (var).

I think there should most definitely be an inquest into what went wrong, at the very least to show transparency, as this type of incident can easily lead to accusations of corruption.

The rest of your comment is covered in my original reply.

The issue wasn't with Oliver, it was with Tierney.

Absolutely no excuse for VAR to ignore what they could plainly see. The unique situation excuse was laughable.

If technology now trumps the human eye we truly are going down a dodgy route.

I just hope Villa stay up by one point at the expense of Wet Spam.

Legal action against VAR/Hawkeye would be futile. Despite the feeling of injustice, what's done is done. As VAR would say, best draw a line under it. 😆
Look to the points we can still win, not to the points that were dropped. ⚔
I agree with the end point but, whilst I’m firmly in the “Let’s move on” camp, there is a difference. VAR is subjective whereas Hawkeye is a technological application that failed, no subjectivity at all.

I just hope Villa stay up by one point at the expense of Wet Spam.
I'm glad bournemouth won yesterday, as I'd like them to stay up at the expense of both.

Back
Top Bottom