This time next year...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No chance
I look at Norwich as an example. Pukki started in the PL OK, but never scored nearly as many goals as he does in the Championship, they finished bottom (points are irrelevent, they were, like us, the worst team in the PL last season)

Also, Dominic Solanke - Scored 2 goals in PL last season for Bmouth (both came in the last 2 games), now among the top scorers in the division for a team performing pretty badly.

I'm hopeful Brewster and McBurnie will be firing goals in week in week out, just because they can't do it in PL doesn't mean they can't in the Championship.

Norwood, Fleck will be considered among the best midfielders in the division. Ramsdale will likely be considered one of the better GK's too.

I look at Norwich as an example. Pukki started in the PL OK, but never scored nearly as many goals as he does in the Championship, they finished bottom (points are irrelevent, they were, like us, the worst team in the PL last season)

Also, Dominic Solanke - Scored 2 goals in PL last season for Bmouth (both came in the last 2 games), now among the top scorers in the division for a team performing pretty badly.

I'm hopeful Brewster and McBurnie will be firing goals in week in week out, just because they can't do it in PL doesn't mean they can't in the Championship.

Norwood, Fleck will be considered among the best midfielders in the division. Ramsdale will likely be considered one of the better GK's too.
I'm afraid you are deluded

Sorry, not a chance. I'll be happy if we still have something to play for this time next season. Too many changes to personnel and presumably system to be up. Norwich playing the same system as last year with a few new players.

Brewster and McBurnie knocking goals in, but mainly Norwood and Fleck being amongst the Championships best midfielders - laughable.

I don't understand why Norwood and Fleck, who were pivotal to our rise to the PL are suddenly not good enough for the Championship to some.

Also Brewster and McBurnie are pretty experienced in scoring at CH level...

Your last post ?
Just because Norwich have done well does not automatically mean that we will: they have a much more talented squad.
We need at least two seasons in the Championship to produce a squad capable of staying in the Premiership for more than a season or two.

No, I'm comparing similarities in our relegations.

Agree about the 2nd point.

Norwich went down with the foundations and manager still in place, ready to go again. In contrast, we're in complete disarray. I really don't think you can compare the two.

Haha we are proper shite. Unless and it’s a big UNLESS we keep O’Connell and Berge then sign two new strikers and an attacking midfielder.

I don't understand why Norwood and Fleck, who were pivotal to our rise to the PL are suddenly not good enough for the Championship to some.

Also Brewster and McBurnie are pretty experienced in scoring at CH level...

Have you not watched them lately? It'd be an unbelievable turn around to get them to be anything other than alright.

The only players we have that will go in to the championship (assuming we keep them all) clearly among the best in the division based on this season will be Ramsdale, McGoldrick, and maybe Berge.

Think you're underestimating the pace and skill at the top end of the championship, yeah, 75% of it is mediocre, but there's some very decent players with similar styles of play that have been embarrassing us every week for the best part of 12 months.

We have no idea at this stage what next season's squad will look like. There'll be a far greater turnover of players than Norwich had to contend with, on top of which not only have we changed manager, but we don't even know who the new boss is yet.

Are players near or at 30, who've seemed to lack even basic competence at times for well over 12 months going to suddenly become some of the better players in the Championship?

Are the younger players who've had a year of being uncompetitive and have no long track record of success going to just be stars?

I don't think this squad has another run in it. Better to tear down and rebuild

I remember being relegated the last 2 times from the premier league and each time I said with this squad we are on for instant return - in both cases it ended up being around 12 years. Got every Norwich there is a Sunderland,Ipswich, Huddersfield and my concern is we end up like them. I think we have a lot more issues to solve at the club than Norwich when they went down. There are many clubs in championship that have been in premier league but not made it back yet. Not saying it’s not possible but I hope we are up for the fight and slog that is the championship !

Being completely honest, I don't care if we are or not.
The main thing I want, is us playing with belief and passion, something we can get behind.
Promotion obviously would be the cherry on top. But if I could take a dull promotion, or some great football, and just miss out, I'd take the football.

I remember being relegated the last 2 times from the premier league and each time I said with this squad we are on for instant return - in both cases it ended up being around 12 years. Got every Norwich there is a Sunderland,Ipswich, Huddersfield and my concern is we end up like them. I think we have a lot more issues to solve at the club than Norwich when they went down. There are many clubs in championship that have been in premier league but not made it back yet. Not saying it’s not possible but I hope we are up for the fight and slog that is the championship !
My prediction in Summer 1976 - our youngsters (Edwards, Stainrod, Ludlam and Kenworthy) plus the signing of Chico Hamilton will get us promotion - Finished 11th (equalled our lowest ever league placing in history).

My prediction in Summer 1977 - Edwards and Stainrod will score loads and we will get promotion - finished 12th (lowest in our history)

My prediction in Summer 1978 - Sabella too good for 2nd division and we will go up this time - relegated

Are players near or at 30, who've seemed to lack even basic competence at times for well over 12 months going to suddenly become some of the better players in the Championship?

Are the younger players who've had a year of being uncompetitive and have no long track record of success going to just be stars?

I don't think this squad has another run in it. Better to tear down and rebuild
Leon Clarke managed it

Back
Top Bottom