This result didn’t matter but…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThirdGenBlade

Reaction score
…we are going into the summer transfer window and then the Prem.

Our key players Iliman, Anel, Sander, Tommy and McA will all have a lot of interest in them.

If we had taken that advancing army feeling from the West Brom and Preston games into the summer there would have been a really strong emotional pull on them to stay with us for next year at least.

Another result like today and it will be the opposite for them - job done this season, but now get into a Prem team that has a chance of a decent season.

Performances like today deflate the bubble of what we might seem to be able to offer to kids like them.

We really need a performance against the Bluenoses to get some optimism towards us back into their summer decision making.

Monday is really important now.

Going Up - Staying Down
UTB

Yeah I'm sure Doyle and McAtee will be telling City they don't want to come back cos we lost a meaningless game against a team fighting for survival after we've spent the last week celebrating promotion.

Our key players Iliman, Anel, Sander, Tommy and McA will all have a lot of interest in them.

If we had taken that advancing army feeling from the West Brom and Preston games into the summer there would have been a really strong emotional pull on them to stay with us for next year at least.

Another result like today and it will be the opposite for them - job done this season, but now get into a Prem team that has a chance of a decent season.

Performances like today deflate the bubble of what we might seem to be able to offer to kids like them.

We really need a performance against the Bluenoses to get some optimism towards us back into their summer decision making.

Going Up - Staying Down
UTB
I appreciate the effort to give some meaning to a dead rubber.

Going Up - Staying Down
UTB
Crumbs! I thought I stressed myself out too much on the little things, but this is next level.

Only minor disappointments for me last night are that we didn’t get more young ‘uns on the pitch and that Jebbison didn’t smash that goal in and open the floodgates ready for next season.

Second half was bloody miserable, a bit like my mood now because of it. McB was loping around like a giraffe and Bash looked like he was auditioning for National League North/South. A bit disrespectful for fans who’d travelled and a wasted 10£ for me on SUTV. I appreciate it may have brought the final curtain down on Enda, Bash, Billy, Fleck.

Second half was bloody miserable, a bit like my mood now because of it. McB was loping around like a giraffe and Bash looked like he was auditioning for National League North/South. A bit disrespectful for fans who’d travelled and a wasted 10£ for me on SUTV. I appreciate it may have brought the final curtain down on Enda, Bash, Billy, Fleck.
A dead rubber for some and a one off poor performance but for those of us that took time off work and got piss wet through at the front that second half performance in particular was hard to swallow.

A dead rubber for some and a one off poor performance but for those of us that took time off work and got piss wet through at the front that second half performance in particular was hard to swallow.
Yep, I got wet too 🤬😂

Going Up - Staying Down
UTB
Crumbs! I thought I stressed myself out too much on the little things, but this is next level.

Only minor disappointments for me last night are that we didn’t get more young ‘uns on the pitch and that Jebbison didn’t smash that goal in and open the floodgates ready for next season.
He missed two

I think the result will matter to those fans that traveled to Huddersfield or paid to watch on SUTV.
At least it confirmed that Stevens, Sharp, Fleck, Basham and possibly Norwood will be no use in the Premier League and next week their careers at SUFC should come to a close. As bad a 2nd half display as you are ever likely to see against a very poor but willing side fighting to avoid the drop.
The result will certainly matter to Reading fans.

Going Up - Staying Down
UTB

Sorry.. but most of that is complete tripe.

The team selection last night was all about testing the squad out, probably testing new shapes out and we probably learned a lot from it. It probably also gives us a fair amount of leverage re transfer budget, we can't go with what we have, it isn't good enough, last night was the evidence.

Jesus christ we've been fucking promoted with games to spare..

I've said in the view from that they need to keep injury free and enjoy a great summer, we needed nothing from that game last night.

Why not just shut it if you wanna look for a negative.. Just for one more game, lay off the players that have got us back into the Premier league..

Promotion and a cup semi final and some still wanna give players thier marching orders... Fucking hell some posters on here!

I've said in the view from that they need to keep injury free and enjoy a great summer, we needed nothing from that game last night.

Why not just shut it if you wanna look for a negative.. Just for one more game, lay off the players that have got us back into the Premier league..

Promotion and a cup semi final and some still wanna give players thier marching orders... Fucking hell some posters on here!
There are a large proportion of fans (or maybe just posters on here) that need something negative to cling on to. It's really odd after promotion, like it's their default setting.

This is ridiculous. We had nothing to play for and list one nil to a team fighting for survival.

I mean, who cares?

I've said in the view from that they need to keep injury free and enjoy a great summer, we needed nothing

from that game last night.

Great season

Players and squad managed to almost perfection

I’m amazed we hammered Preston taking into acct they had the playoffs to go for and we had been on the lash (see Fulham last game last season )

… but maybe most are correct - last night showed our true colours and the other 44 games (plus cup) were the odd ones out .

Hide the knives , scissors and any other treasonable sharp implements

Don’t give a toss about Reading (or writing for that matter )

no the result didnt matter to us only udders and reading but do think as another poster has suggested its the end for stevens basham norwood fleck and billy although do think sharpy will get at chance at brum for his 250th goal i would throw 4 or 5 kids in at st andrews give em a bit of experience

Going Up - Staying Down
UTB
Yes, it’s always good to go out on a high. I think we blotted our copybook last night. Hope we don’t finish with a whimper against Brum.

Is this a joke? Biggest mistake last night was taking N'Diaye off and having no link between attack/defence but honestly why are people bothered 😂 1st half looked like a premier league side vs a league one side. People slagging Jebbison off, would Mcburnie or Sharp get into the positions he did for his chances?? I think its quite encouraging that a player so young can have an impact on the game regardless if he scores every chance or not.

I've been sending letters off to people associated with Reading all night and this morning out of shame.

It doesn't matter to me whether we re playing tidliwinks, 7 a side or a dead rubber championship match (after a promotion / fa cup semi).
I always want to see my blades do well and win! Especially when fans are paying for the pleasure of watching it!
🤷‍♂

As fans, we always want our team to win. It is those who need our team to win every game I worry about. We are just completing one of our best seasons in 70 years (automatic promotion, Cup semi-final), with a relatively unknown manager, a squad with some weaknesses, financial problems, ownership problems, injury problems, training-ground problems… Celebrate the achievements, put a meaningless 45 minutes at Huddersfield last night in its proper perspective. Would have been nice to win, but it was of no significance for us.

The team selection last night was all about testing the squad out, probably testing new shapes out and we probably learned a lot from it. It probably also gives us a fair amount of leverage re transfer budget, we can't go with what we have, it isn't good enough, last night was the evidence.
That was my crumb of comfort from last night - a ridiculously strong run to the end of the season adds weight to the "let's go with what we've got argument". Last night exposed known weaknesses - if anyone needed reminding.

As fans, we always want our team to win. It is those who need our team to win every game I worry about. We are just completing one of our best seasons in 70 years (automatic promotion, Cup semi-final), with a relatively unknown manager, a squad with some weaknesses, financial problems, ownership problems, injury problems, training-ground problems… Celebrate the achievements, put a meaningless 45 minutes at Huddersfield last night in its proper perspective. Would have been nice to win, but it was of no significance for us.
This

Reactions: HVR

Back
Top Bottom