This forum is bipolar

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I dont think this site is bi polar i do however think theyre are a handful of posters who feel that their sunny disposition entitles them to belittle others opinions

When we are not doing well people will get emotive ,given that the last decade has seen such a drop in fortunes and complete lack of regard for the supporters emotions maybe coming on here and venting their spleen stops them from just giving up altogether as many i know have over the years

Equally the side is on a decebt run at the moment and thats great but its as if some are thumbing their noses at others like they knew something they didnt

They dont ,we are an above average side an a very poor division

Who will be happy if we finish 7th after a bad run of injuries and suspensions to key players ?
Hands up

Rauls and Judges posts sum it up for me. Just need Mattbianco in with some prophecy for the day and we can all go about our business. Go for trees in woods this time rather than trees on hills :)

I think I put somewhere in my comment that we are all happy when we win, all sad when we lose. What I will never accept is when I comment and someone says its nonsense or garbage. Also, I was asked to put some facts behind my initial comment to give some "credibility" to it. While you can argue its long winded (one for you to tap in IIYB) it states things that have factually happened and while open to opinion and speculation, these things have made us go backwards, not forwards.

Personally I don't mind a bit of controversy and posters jousting with each other. I hold no beef with Woodward, I may not agree but his opinion is as valid as the next. In reality none of it mak

I think I put somewhere in my comment that we are all happy when we win, all sad when we lose. What I will never accept is when I comment and someone says its nonsense or garbage. Also, I was asked to put some facts behind my initial comment to give some "credibility" to it. While you can argue its long winded (one for you to tap in IIYB) it states things that have factually happened and while open to opinion and speculation, these things have made us go backwards, not forwards.

Personally I don't mind a bit of controversy and posters jousting with each other. I hold no beef with Woodward, I may not agree but his opinion is as valid as the next. In reality none of it makes a blind bit of difference its words out there on the internet. McCabe will not lose sleep over it, the Prince won't be jetting in to look into our views and Jim Phipps will just spin what he is told to spin. Does that mean we care less? No bloody chance.

es a blind bit of difference its words out there on the internet. McCabe will not lose sleep over it, the Prince won't be jetting in to look into our views and Jim Phipps will just spin what he is told to spin. Does that mean we care less? No bloody chance.

More sensible points Bladesway. We all know McCabe has made numerous disastrous decisions over the years. He is a proven property business man and a proven failure in football. That much is obvious. I have never denied that and have only credited the bloke with putting his money in and trying his best. That's more than you or me.

Thing is we might be in a new era, let's say SUFC2013, whatever. And let's look for positives rather than raking up past and now irrelevant mistakes.

If nothing has changed and we are not in a new,era, then where does that leave us. In the meantime clap away rather than slash away, because where will we be if things don't work out for the Prince?

All that stuff pre 2013 is painful. It's now that matters.

KM will be out within a few years. Change your mentality.

More sensible points Bladesway. We all know McCabe has made numerous disastrous decisions over the years. He is a proven property business man and a proven failure in football. That much is obvious. I have never denied that and have only credited the bloke with putting his money in and trying his best. That's more than you or me.

Thing is we might be in a new era, let's say SUFC2013, whatever. And let's look for positives rather than raking up past and now irrelevant mistakes.

If nothing has changed and we are not in a new,era, then where does that leave us. In the meantime clap away rather than slash away, because where will we be if things don't work out for the Prince?

All that stuff pre 2013 is painful. It's now that matters.

KM will be out within a few years. Change your mentality.
Isnt that a bit like your missus asking you to forget about her multiple infidelitys and concentrate on the here and now
even though she displays no change in her behaviour

Easier said than done mate ,if we didnt care we wouldnt moan

If i couldnt come on here and moan i wouldnt be able to moan and id just stop caring

Does it really matter if a thread follows the first comment and then goes off on something else . No it doesn't . Both Woodward fan and Bladesway are right . There is no wrong here . Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. YES the board going back to Hassle , Hinclhcliffe , Whoolhouse , McDonald have fucked it up . McCabe with all his good intentions ,and wanting to expand the blades globally , buying into other foreign clubs , with the sole purpose for development of the clubs land / property assetts has fucked it up. On the other hand you could say that the McCabe family has saved us from administration. United , what anyone says ,have been mismanaged from the top downwards . Yes i am a bipolar supporter , but following the blades is like going out with a bunny burner.

I am both optimistic and pessimistic , but so what. One thing to remember . We were in the premiership not long back and now in league 1 . We have gone spectacularly backwards , now lets hope we can go forwards , but previous experience , history tells its own story . To move forward lets work on the pretence that the past is a foreign country , we never go there.

3 points , gorgeous day , UTB.

Does it really matter if a thread changes course? YES.

It is disrespectful to the OP and other posters if a thread is thrown off track by a familiar tirade on the usual moans by the usual suspects. Quality posters are deterred whenever all the same old tired shingles are churned out.

Threads that have a different angle or changed slant do not deserve to be channelled down the same old route to the same old answers by the same old fans.

I do like your post , and it is a very fair question which I hope I have answered with good faith.

Personally I don't mind a bit of controversy and posters jousting with each other. I hold no beef with Woodward, I may not agree but his opinion is as valid as the next. In reality none of it makes a blind bit of difference its words out there on the internet. McCabe will not lose sleep over it, the Prince won't be jetting in to look into our views and Jim Phipps will just spin what he is told to spin. Does that mean we care less? No bloody chance.

Cheeky bugger, I'll give you Tolstoy on toast mate ;)

Seriously Bladesway, I think raul's comment probably hits the nail firmly on the head. A complete absence of careful, strategic planning is the key to the lack of success or consolidation that would have been met with rapture by most fans. Writing long or short, it's the content that matters, and to identify those reasons for our decline has to be the very thing that's been lacking. It doesn't take a genius to grasp the haphazard manner that has been our guiding principle, just appoint someone and hope, that's it done and dusted. About as scientific as it'll get I'm afraid......I hope/suspect that the current managerial incumbent has, at the very least, a clue about strategy, the ability to identify what needs to be done, and the personality to impose these beliefs and move this club forward.

Does it really matter if a thread changes course? YES.

It is disrespectful to the OP and other posters if a thread is thrown off track by a familiar tirade on the usual moans by the usual suspects. Quality posters are deterred whenever all the same old tired shingles are churned out.

Threads that have a different angle or changed slant do not deserve to be channelled down the same old route to the same old answers by the same old fans.

I do like your post , and it is a very fair question which I hope I have answered with good faith.
Quality posts =positive posts then ?

Isnt that a bit like your missus asking you to forget about her multiple infidelitys and concentrate on the here and now
even though she displays no change in her behaviour

Easier said than done mate ,if we didnt care we wouldnt moan

If i couldnt come on here and moan i wouldnt be able to moan and id just stop caring

I like this : I am now going to concentrate on Wife 2013 and forget about wife pre-2013. Now you may be onto something there. Problem is she may choose to do the same to me :)

In actual fact you were asked to put some NUMBERS AND FIGURES to your assertion that the board had put nothing into the club. Not "facts" or should I say your opinions about past boards!! But why let that stop you going off at a tangent eh?

Can you still get down onto the railway tracks at Millhouses ?........:(

OK, Woodwardfan, you comment rightly or wrongly about me hijacking a thread but lets be fair. If you are going to be consistent you should be talking to this fellah as well.

OK, Woodwardfan, you comment rightly or wrongly about me hijacking a thread but lets be fair. If you are going to be cons
But the board have done nowt short 9 Fuck all. Clap along if you like but it is happening in spite of the board not because of it. Clough is doing wonders on a shoe string and credit to him but please don't go singing the praises of people who don't deserve it.

Hey my friend. This above was your first post on this thread.

All this started by me asking you to substantiate that call. You waxed on about matters relating to McCabe going years back. I asked you to quantify your claims but I think you had forgotten that we have new owners for the past year and more.

The thread is about United supporters, not McCabe anyway. You just can't answer the figures nor talk in any relevance to this thread - bipolar forum. The bipolar nature of United fans goes back at least 90 years that I know of- through my dad and me. That's not in your agenda is it. Never mind McCabe. What about Woolhouse, MacDonald, Brearley, even Laver? The United DNA is not all down just to KM believe me.

This is not a comfortable thread for this site. It is a squabble and the first I have had on here in a year. It is more a squabble more befitting Bladesmad if I may dare to suggest.

In actual fact you were asked to put some NUMBERS AND FIGURES to your assertion that the board had put nothing into the club. Not "facts" or should I say your opinions about past boards!! But why let that stop you going off at a tangent eh?

Numbers and figures are in the accounts, they tell you everything you need to know about the previous and present state of our club. Most of those numbers were red until recently. Herein lies my issue.

Numbers that matter to me is we were in the top 20 clubs in the land we are currently in what I class as division 3. We did have 33k turning up at the lane, by some miracle we have between 19k and 20k, but it is still significantly less than it was.

We got £2.5m for Harry this summer. Where is that money. We got millions from our cup run last year, where is the money. I am guessing a league cup run will trigger yet more money, where will it go.

These are all numbers. Now I think in fairness its your turn to answer my 5 questions. You know what they are.

Numbers and figures are in the accounts, they tell you everything you need to know about the previous and present state of our club. Most of those numbers were red until recently. Herein lies my issue.

Numbers that matter to me is we were in the top 20 clubs in the land we are currently in what I class as division 3. We did have 33k turning up at the lane, by some miracle we have between 19k and 20k, but it is still significantly less than it was.

We got £2.5m for Harry this summer. Where is that money. We got millions from our cup run last year, where is the money. I am guessing a league cup run will trigger yet more money, where will it go.

These are all numbers. Now I think in fairness its your turn to answer my 5 questions. You know what they are.
:

I think it needs others rather than me to tell you that you are picking maybe a fiftieth of all the cost and income issues that add together to run a football club. Ask someone to talk you through the club audited accounts.

. Even your own corner shop doesn't just talk about headline matters, they pay rent, council tax, staff, VAT, ETC

All you are talking about is froth. 2.5 million is a drop in the ocean.

Quote some figures in relation to turnover and explain the extent of the players' wage bill and agents fees. Then you will have credibility.Do you have a clue?

So, one minute your were happy to let everything go,then the next you're back to carping and sniping. Your efforts at bringing the thread back on topic are commendable.

Now let me see, humm, that Neil Warnock fella?

That is true, but you had to go back to 1999 to find one and he had 6 years to get it right. Nigel Clough's our 10th manager since then (temporarys included).

A 10% success rate isn't great in many walks of life.

So, one minute your were happy to let everything go,then the next you're back to carping and sniping. Your efforts at bringing the thread back on topic are commendable.

Very good point but I do feel the need to respond to nonsense. I agree that is a failing. Maybe some of us will learn from the experience and that's one of the main points of the forum isn't it?

This isn't the first thread that will go off on a tangent and it certainly won't be the last on here,i'm sure Pittsburg Blade won't lose any sleep through it,although i could be wrong.Lets not make a big deal about it.

Anybody need proof?

There were 42 "likes" for Deadbats annihilation of owners, manager and players in " We are going nowhere - who's at fault?" OP 4th October 2014.

Only 10 games into the season.

Is 42 a record?

33000 Blades raised the roof at Wembley just a few months before. It's a tough life being a bipolar Blade.

There were 150,000 votes for CE not to come back - that means there are 60+ Million that don't give a monkeys.

You can prove everything and nothing with the same set of figures.

UTB

But the board have done nowt short 9 Fuck all. Clap along if you like but it is happening in spite of the board not because of it. Clough is doing wonders on a shoe string and credit to him but please don't go singing the praises of people who don't deserve it.

Tough school this Bladesway. Which Board and how do you know the figures?

The new Board has provided the manager with a budget he is happy with . What do you know that he doesn't?

Are you all froth?

Bloody hell Boo, pour some petrol onto the fire why don't you?

That is true, but you had to go back to 1999 to find one and he had 6 years to get it right. Nigel Clough's our 10th manager since then (temporarys included).

A 10% success rate isn't great in many walks of life.

Warnock fan I am not. The point being people want to point fingers. So as MCCabe had not had much pressure from fans till the end of the Prem season. If Warnock had not been replaced we would not be in this shit now. Ultimately how far back do we go? I blame the building of the South Stand for so little top flight action since.
I think that before '78 we finished no lower than 12th in what is now the championship?

Our club had to have a 4th side - I am one of the few who can probably remember a 3 sided ground and it had to happen.

Admittedly, it caused us massive problems - and I believe the stand cost much more than originally proposed as to how building contracts were awarded. In those days, the client paid for time delays, where as now there is much more design and build and fixed cost to construction builds (Wembley being the ultimate bad contract for the Australian build Mcquarry(think)).
Our decline hinged on us having to pay bucket loads, so you comment is fair.
Brearley helped to get us out of the shit, but again fans simply lambasted him - unfairly in my view. At the time Deane was sold to Leeds we had fuck all money in the club - not even stationery bills could be paid!.
McCabe comes in for a lot of stick too - again unfairly - sure he made mistakes but some of the shit he takes is completely unjustified.

The stand, as you said was a catalyst for a lot of our problems.

UTB

Tough school this Bladesway. Which Board and how do you know the figures?

The new Board has provided the manager with a budget he is happy with . What do you know that he doesn't?

Are you all froth?

It's just insult after insult with you isn't it? I don't have a clue, I'm all froth. I don't agree with your point and am not attempting to change your mind but please try and conduct yourself with some dignity.

All you have done to my mind is trotted out McCabes party line. Do I know the costs of running a club? Not all of them but I am sure there is someone on here who does know the answers. We have reduced costs year on year. You talk about McCabe putting his money in. You say it as if he nips off to the cash machine and personally funds it. Yet I don't have a clue?

Boo, how far back do I want to go? To be exact to the very point where this should never have happened. You can blame Warnock for relegation but that can be argued. What cannot be argued is we should never have let Warnock go without adequate succession planning. We should never have given the keys to the kingdom to Robson but even then we should have given him a budget that didn't kill the club. That is the point of scrutiny and ever since.

There are only so many winners in football each year. Football also goes in cycles.

Not until relatively recent seasons have even the top clubs won so many points each season. The Premier League has been designed to make the top clubs stronger and the gulf is widening more and more further down the scale.

We are on the wrong side of the tracks and have been for most of my 56 years supporting them. But it's not about that. It's about us, we are a club in the truest sense of the word. No glory hunters here!

Our co-chairman is a Blade who tried. He failed but he is from Sheffield, he is a Blade. Let's hope the Saudi has more luck, and I mean luck as well as judgement. The Tevez thing was an outrage an d even to this day incenses me. Bipolar, maybe and definitely still incensed and lacking faith in the football "God's" like Scudamore. Of course it's more an luck, indeed bad judgement time and again, but he tried.

Please let Clough be good enough.

Last edited:
There are only so many winners in football each year. Football also goes in cycles.

Not until relatively recent seasons have even the top clubs won so many points each season. The Premier League has been designed to make the top clubs stronger and the gulf is widening more and more further down the scale.

We are on the wrong side of the tracks and have been for most of my 56 years supporting them. But it's not about that. It's about us, we are a club in the truest sense of the word. No glory hunters here!

Our co-chairman is a Blade who tried. He failed but he is from Sheffield, he is a Blade. Let's hope the Saudi has more luck, and I mean luck as well as judgement. The Tevez thing was an outrage an d even to this day incenses me. Bipolar, maybe but definitely still incensed and lacking faith in the football "God's" like Scudamore.

Please let Clough be good enough.[/QUOT

It's just insult after insult with you isn't it? I don't have a clue, I'm all froth. I don't agree with your point and am not attempting to change your mind but please try and conduct yourself with some dignity.

All you have done to my mind is trotted out McCabes party line. Do I know the costs of running a club? Not all of them but I am sure there is someone on here who does know the answers. We have reduced costs year on year. You talk about McCabe putting his money in. You say it as if he nips off to the cash machine and personally funds it. Yet I don't have a clue?

Boo, how far back do I want to go? To be exact to the very point where this should never have happened. You can blame Warnock for relegation but that can be argued. What cannot be argued is we should never have let Warnock go without adequate succession planning. We should never have given the keys to the kingdom to Robson but even then we should have given him a budget that didn't kill the club. That is the point of scrutiny and ever since.

Sorry that's froth. We have a new Board and you have no clue about the numbers. You disbelieve Phipps obviously but that's par for your course.

Sorry that's froth. We have a new Board and you have no clue about the numbers. You disbelieve Phipps obviously but that's par for your course.

Do you believe everything these people at the club say?

I ask as although I am generally pretty upbeat about SUFC, I ain't half heard some bollocks come out of the mouths of people at the club

Also this off topic shit is just that, threads go off topic. For confirmation just look at most of the threads started in October...

Our co-chairman is a Blade who tried. He failed but he is from Sheffield, he is a Blade. Let's hope the Saudi has more luck, and I mean luck as well as judgement. The Tevez thing was an outrage an d even to this day incenses me. Bipolar, maybe and definitely still incensed and lacking faith in the football "God's" like Scudamore. Of course it's more an luck, indeed bad judgement time and again, but he tried.

Please let Clough be good enough.

Your comments about McCabe are disingenuous - he has not failed, he has had some failures.

Could list endlessly, but it's not worth the effort as the post has degenerated into nonsense - but one sticks out, the £25m from West Ham is therefore a failure in your eyes.

UTB - not quite 56 years but getting there.

Back
Top Bottom