Things you wont miss about the Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VAR at it again ruining the man City - Leeds game, red card for a strong challenge when the original yellow was fine. City player back on his feet, I can't wait to watch non VAR games next season.
And now chalked off a perfectly good Liverpool equaliser by the offside millimetre rule. Get it binned

Mike Dean, Jonathon Moss, Paul Teirney, Chris Kavanagh, Darren Cann
VAR
Managers of top 6 clubs whinging about playing too many matches
VAR
Lack of level playing field. Knowing that for certain games you are going to defend, defend and lose.
VAR
Endless minutes of pointless, analysis and punditry between games on MOTD
VAR
Only 38 games a season
VAR
Never being able to get a cheap flight over because the kick off day/time becomes a lottery
VAR
Burnley
VAR
I started reading that with the tune of Billy Joels we didn't start the fire in my head

Sheffield United in Premier league, was like the naffest horror film ever. Like a bunch of naive teenagers, we took a flash light and a packed lunch, into a horror house full of chainsaw wielding psychopaths...This season we made every cliched mistake in the book, and were simply lambs to the slaughter to our merciless opposition.
Not so much glass half empty as no glass but you're not wrong about this season!

I think plastic fans is a bit of a myth with Sheffield United. I'd call them more "intermittently re-engaged' I think a lot of people have a take it or leave it attitude depending on the level played at, and there's not too much wrong with that.
Yes there is

Our inferiority complex,
although what am I saying ? it'll probably continue in the Championship as well.
Chelsea 2 West Brom 5 being my point.

Never in the history of Sheffield United ever again will we see this happen in our favour. Even last season whilst in our best season for near half a century there is no way that could possibly happen.

The reason..........When we got 1-0 up, our inferiority complex would have kicked in, we'd have stopped doing everything we were doing to get 1-0 up, panicked, and we'd have ended up getting beat 2-1

And the club and it's fans would have taken great solace in the fact that "we did orreight"

Our inferiority complex,
although what am I saying ? it'll probably continue in the Championship as well.

Never in the history of Sheffield United ever again will we see this happen in our favour. Even last season whilst in our best season for near half a century there is no way that could possibly happen.

The reason..........When we got 1-0 up, our inferiority complex would have kicked in, we'd have stopped doing everything we were doing to get 1-0 up, panicked, and we'd have ended up getting beat 2-1

And the club and it's fans would have taken great solace in the fact that "we did orreight"
We beat Chelsea 3-0 last season

Our inferiority complex,

West Brom at least going down with dignity, rather than abstract surrender. Maybe our game against Arsenal will prove me wrong.

Our inferiority complex,

We literally beat Chelsea last season 3-0 and got results at Man Utd away. Short memory.

VAR, lack of away tickets, Sunday afternoon kick off times...

We literally beat Chelsea last season 3-0 and got results at Man Utd away. Short memory.

I'm on about literally thrashing somebody away from home. The result against Chelsea was as close to a thrashing as is possible, but the game wasn't really like that.

And the Man Utd game, God knows how we won.

I've watched the 3-0 Chelsea game a few times, and how we won 3-0 I'll never know, but Chelsea really were in "couldn't give a toss mode" so I suppose any committed side could have beaten them at the time.

Sheffield United in Premier league, was like the naffest horror film ever. Like a bunch of naive teenagers, we took a flash light and a packed lunch, into a horror house full of chainsaw wielding psychopaths...This season we made every cliched mistake in the book, and were simply lambs to the slaughter to our merciless opposition.
What's a flash light ? Is that like a torch ?

Zaha's begging, hard done to, pleading face as he falls over for the 67th time in the first 30 minutes

The phrase 'Second season syndrome' being used as an excuse by so called tv match day experts when the real reasons are much simpler

Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic experience getting here and most of last season was pretty special too. This season is best forgotten for so many reasons and not all of them football related of course. However, I wont be too sad to get out of the Premier League.

As a player, manager and certainly club owner you want to be in this League because you are operating at the elite level and because there are millions of pounds to be earned. As a supporter I think the biggest differences are that BDTBL is full and we can tell our mates of rival clubs that we play in the top league and have star studded names at the Lane. Are there other benefits of being a supporter? And we see those PL 'superstars' every week (every day) through the saturation cover on TV.

Accepting that we are relegated what things will you not miss about the Premier League? Here are a few of my own (in no particular order):

Plastic fans
Entitled opposition fans
Leicester City (Vardy; we always lose; arrogant supporters)
Kick off times and days to suit SKY
VAR
The struggle for away day tickets
Mark Lawrenson
Ref bias to the big 6

Next season can't come quick enough, whoever the Manager is and whatever 11 players we have on the pitch. And hopefully a few pints in the pub before and after too!

UTB⚔️
There are many annoying things about the premier league but I've never enjoyed watching utd more than I did last season , the razzamatazz of it all ,the exciting football the going toe to toe with everyone and all the plaudits and coverage world wide that came with it , the electric full house atmosphere and the packed away ends and banter between stands that goes with it . Not for me this going down bollocks , I want us to be the best utd possible and us being that means us being in the top league in England , imagine 2 leagues between us and the pigs the city would well and truly be ours .

In the F.A. Cup, if a home team that has VAR installed plays against a team without VAR, they still use it. Even with the possibility of a replayed match at the opposition's home ground with no VAR, a really unfair rule imo.

So, presumably VAR equipment costs a fair bit of money, they ain't just gonna tear it out... or are they? Or is it the technology loaned? Or does it remain dormant indefinitely? Or will they use it in the Championship because we already have it? Same goes for F.A. Cup next season too, what happens?

Straight up losing. It's the least interested I have been in a while. The season was over so early, that we have had bugger all to play for.

The sad reality is, that we have been so bad, we aren't even spoken about. Just a number in the league propping everyone up.

Players falling over with slightest of touches
All over the place kick off times
Ex player pundits from big six
Amazon sky or BT subscriptions

Back
Top Bottom