Things you wont miss about the Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Peezablade

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic experience getting here and most of last season was pretty special too. This season is best forgotten for so many reasons and not all of them football related of course. However, I wont be too sad to get out of the Premier League.

As a player, manager and certainly club owner you want to be in this League because you are operating at the elite level and because there are millions of pounds to be earned. As a supporter I think the biggest differences are that BDTBL is full and we can tell our mates of rival clubs that we play in the top league and have star studded names at the Lane. Are there other benefits of being a supporter? And we see those PL 'superstars' every week (every day) through the saturation cover on TV.

Accepting that we are relegated what things will you not miss about the Premier League? Here are a few of my own (in no particular order):

Plastic fans
Entitled opposition fans
Leicester City (Vardy; we always lose; arrogant supporters)
Kick off times and days to suit SKY
VAR
The struggle for away day tickets
Mark Lawrenson
Ref bias to the big 6

Next season can't come quick enough, whoever the Manager is and whatever 11 players we have on the pitch. And hopefully a few pints in the pub before and after too!

UTB⚔️

Losing/ not even having a chance

Knowing the very best you could hope for is Europa but even that would be a historic event.

Being the best thing ever and then completely forgotten based on a couple of results.

Twitter fans who have never been to a game and only started supporting X team when Y team got shit.

Brown nosing know nowt pundits

VAR/ Famous referees

That said, I'll be hoping we get back soon.

Wank football influencers who wear as much moisturiser and make up than my missus. Those sexless mother fuckers in roll neck jumpers who talk at the camera about a non topic like they are ITK but all that’s getting preached is the obvious.

oh and the usual shit show of a Sunday kick off to accommodate a club who’s spent billions building a squad not to use it.

Playing so defensively, to prevent being anhilated.

Bring on the Championship hopefully drop this inferior complex and rout a few teams.

Winning in the Championship surely got to be better than being trounced each week.

*How busy parking around pondsfords became.
*Shiiiiite pre match music that replaced "countdown to kick off" playlist
*3.50 programmes
*VAR

I will miss the fans criticising the Premier League and looking forward to playing against teams in lower divisions and their expression of the very obvious limits of ambition for our club.

I won’t miss VAR because it’s killing football.

The flat midfield three. Hopefully permanently confined to the dustbin by the new manager as we get back to playing attacking football.

Stuart Attwell, Graham Scott, Paul Tierney, Lee Mason and probably Peter Bankes on Sunday after the Arse game.

The Arsenal Olympic diving team in town this week.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic experience getting here and most of last season was pretty special too. This season is best forgotten for so many reasons and not all of them football related of course. However, I wont be too sad to get out of the Premier League.

As a player, manager and certainly club owner you want to be in this League because you are operating at the elite level and because there are millions of pounds to be earned. As a supporter I think the biggest differences are that BDTBL is full and we can tell our mates of rival clubs that we play in the top league and have star studded names at the Lane. Are there other benefits of being a supporter? And we see those PL 'superstars' every week (every day) through the saturation cover on TV.

Accepting that we are relegated what things will you not miss about the Premier League? Here are a few of my own (in no particular order):

Plastic fans
Entitled opposition fans
Leicester City (Vardy; we always lose; arrogant supporters)
Kick off times and days to suit SKY
VAR
The struggle for away day tickets
Mark Lawrenson
Ref bias to the big 6

Next season can't come quick enough, whoever the Manager is and whatever 11 players we have on the pitch. And hopefully a few pints in the pub before and after too!

UTB⚔️
And all the cheating , diving ! Utb

Roy's depressing pre match view, and after match view from.....
Looking forward to the champioship view from ....
Thnx Roy

VAR/atrocious refereeing
Dodgy kick off times and days

Back
Top Bottom