Things we’ve learned from this transfer window

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe I’m not so ignorant after all, hey Bob?
Well yes actually because you’re repeating information you don’t understand and using that to attack the board.
The first thing I did is ask to understand why.
If Danny is correct then I’m a bit surprised at his response if he knows why.
Dannys update also seems to conflict with other reporters and it definitely conflicts with the criteria as listed.

So in short the query still stands, can you explain where it falls down because that statement doesn’t stand up against the information we have? As you were using it as a stick to beat the club with I’d think you should know. I’m always open to being educated if someone can tell me where I’m going wrong but no one seems to be able or willing to.

Well yes actually because you’re repeating information you don’t understand and using that to attack the board.
The first thing I did is ask to understand why.
If Danny is correct then I’m a bit surprised at his response if he knows why.
Dannys update also seems to conflict with other reporters and it definitely conflicts with the criteria as listed.

So in short the query still stands, can you explain where it falls down because that statement doesn’t stand up against the information we have? As you were using it as a stick to beat the club with I’d think you should know. I’m always open to being educated if someone can tell me where I’m going wrong but no one seems to be able or willing to.
I was merely making the point that it’s best to check these things sooner than later, to prevent us having to collapse a deal at the 11th hour, in the future.Lessons learned and all that.If that makes me ignorant,under your definition, so be it.
Time to move on. Let’s hope the 2 we missed were rubbish anyway, and the 4 new faces help us up the table.We’re all Blades, who want the same thing. No need for insults.

A good manager can play different systems. And as many good managers have said recently, the formation on paper isn't necessarily as important as how and what players actually do on the pitch.

You've outlined that we've strengthened the squad. The way I'm seeing it... We have a strong Championship squad.

Yes I was expecting pacey wingers, but with those additions there's no reason/excuse not to do pretty well over the course of 46 league matches.
My opinion is that under CW, the formation and player roles were rigid and everyone understood and played their roles in the system. I am not sure that the current manager is looking to implement a system such as this, but will likely find if difficult to do anything other than this with the recent signings?

Time will tell and it is just my opinion that the manager will not last the season out and could even resign at some point over the next 2-3 months?

I don’t understand what it is about transfer windows and market forces that people don’t understand. If you set a deadline, the selling club will wait until they have replacements sorted or until the buying club is desperate and is willing to pay more.

Thats why such a high number of deals go through on the last day. United have likely been trying to get most of their signings for weeks but couldn’t do anything until yesterday.

People comment without knowing anything.
Was just explaining this to my kids today. It's so obvious, especially in the prem loan market.

This site is full of bed wetters at times

1.The Prince in his interview reckoned we missed players suggested by the Board, because of Wilder’s intransigence.
Wilder, not here, still missing em!
2.Don’t leave everything to the last minute.If deals collapse, which they often do, leaves you no where to go, and your team without the creativity desperately needed
3.It’s probably a good idea to check the work permit situation before negotiating for a player, and agreeing a late in the day deal, only to find he can’t play for you, and you’ve no back up.

1. We didn't miss them because we totally ignored them, so unfair comparison

2. Who says we left it till last minute? With loans its more likely the parent clubs are waiting till last minute once they know they have all their incomings. In fact, with the cases of Olsen and Collado it was the players stalling till the very last minute to see if better offers came in

3. I may be mistaken but can you know for certain whether or not a work permit will be given until you actually apply for one which can only happen once the deal is agreed and the work permit application is paid for?

I think we've learnt just how damaging it can be in the long term, to get your Premier league recruitment so badly wrong.

We've effectively wasted close to £100million on players who haven't performed (for varying reasons, some not entirely their fault) and have resale values that get less each week.

When we reached the promised land, and its guaranteed income, we could and should have kicked on and properly identified players we really needed, rather than make kneejerk signings.

I honestly don't think we did that and looking at us now, it's incredible how we've wasted that opportunity.

I think we've learnt just how damaging it can be in the long term, to get your Premier league recruitment so badly wrong.

We've effectively wasted close to £100million on players who haven't performed (for varying reasons, some not entirely their fault) and have resale values that get less each week.

When we reached the promised land, and its guaranteed income, we could and should have kicked on and properly identified players we really needed, rather than make kneejerk signings.

I honestly don't think we did that and looking at us now, it's incredible how we've wasted that opportunity.

Which is true but let us hope it was a lesson learned for the future.

Back
Top Bottom