The Prince interview part 1

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No issue with it per se but with your extensive business knowledge surely you can’t deny he will do well out of the deal if/when he sells…
That’s the whole idea of buying/selling businesses. I’d say there’s a big question mark around how much he’ll end up making though, the pie in the sky valuations he’s placed on the club in the past aren’t achievable so it will be a modest return and not the £70m-£100m he was ridiculously expecting.

If I’d invested £70m+ over a period of 7 years I’d feel justified in asking to make a return on that investment.

I’m not an Abdullah fan nor do I dislike him, I just don’t get some of the arguments against him and mortgaging a business and then paying back the mortgage out of business proceeds seems a tenuous stick to beat him with.

If I have a mortgage on my house I pay the mortgage payments.

The mortgage on the ground is paid by the club. That’s the fundamental difference
Under his ownership the club has moved from not owning the assets to now owning them. That’s a huge positive for the future of the club. Of course it cost the club money to purchase them. It also left the club worth more, to the value of the assets, and also not having an obligation to pay rent.

What do you think he should have done instead?

Under his ownership the club has moved from not owning the assets to now owning them. That’s a huge positive for the future of the club. Of course it cost the club money to purchase them. It also left the club worth more, to the value of the assets, and also not having an obligation to pay rent.

100% agree. We just can’t seem to find a backer, partner or buyer? Everything, other than a new training ground and some redevelopment to the Kop is in place.

He couldn’t have done anything different. He was ordered to buy the assets. Do you think he’d have chosen to if he had the option, or pay the 500k a year rent on Bramall Lane or whatever it was instead? Who knows, although we can all have our suspicions depending on what side of the fence we’re on, but it’s been made out to be some grand gesture that was done for the good of the club.

He had to do it. The club is paying for it. He ultimately benefits with a higher sale price with assets. Once again, no issue with that per se. It’s not beating anyone. It’s just fact and clever business, which is something the Prince does do well.

PS Houston_Blade is that ‘£70m+’ invested in seven years a fact evidenced in the accounts or whatever, or just what PA says he’s put in? Genuine Q.

Exactly the way the Prince became the owner is down to one bloke Kevin McCabe, no one forced him to try to rob the Prince. Fortunately the Prince had a wiser legal team otherwise we would be stuck with McCabe renting the ground we don't own and making redundancies due to the club being in League One at best.

Had McCabe had won, we'd have been sold to the owners of Burnley.

Had McCabe had won, we'd have been sold to the owners of Burnley.
Yes, and the brothers would have borrowed a lot of money to buy out McCabe . We might have done well in the short term but doubtful in the long term. I think Burnley will go into a financial freefall in the next few years

Yes, and the brothers would have borrowed a lot of money to buy out McCabe . We might have done well in the short term but doubtful in the long term. I think Burnley will go into a financial freefall in the next few years
So will we if the prince controls us in the championship without parachute payments

How do you know?

I don’t think we have the resource to rebuild a squad to match the one under Hecky. Even with free transfers and loans, I just don’t think we have the clover or the ability to move quick enough to make it happen and start the season with any momentum.

Kin ell, abdullah and jimmy sitting up a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g .................................... bet IngoodNick is gutted! He must have pissed on the prince's camp fire or summat ;-)

I don’t think we have the resource to rebuild a squad to match the one under Hecky. Even with free transfers and loans, I just don’t think we have the clover or the ability to move quick enough to make it happen and start the season with any momentum.
i think you overestimating our squad last season without illiman we wouldnt have been promoted imo we crawled over the line in numerous games i think we will be stronger next season if we can make 5/6 good signings and get rid of 7/8 deadwood

I don’t think self sufficiency is realistic. People laugh at Preston continually finishing around tenth in the championship. But they lose millions being the most sensible adult in the room.

McCabe’s stab at self sufficiency drove us into the lower reaches of L1.
So what would be your alternative other than finding a buyer with spare cash to invest ?
We could just go up to the PL from time to time and pocket the riches.

I might have missed it but did he ask about player contracts? I know Hal asked pre season & the answer was bizarre. I wonder if Ramble pushed him on this….

The structure between the EPL and the EFL will change in the next 12 months
Won't know what that is or when it kicks in. I doubt it will cancel the next two years of parachute payments we are due when we go down

New EFL TV deal next year means 5 championship games on TV a weekend. No idea what that means for money for us.

So that is your guess rather than ITK

Won't know what that is or when it kicks in. I doubt it will cancel the next two years of parachute payments we are due when we go down

New EFL TV deal next year means 5 championship games on TV a weekend. No idea what that means for money for us.
True, but it should be in within two parachute years which may assist us if we fail to be promoted in those two years.

Decent second half of the interview despite Jimmy being all best mates with PA at the end which was quite cringeworthy.

PA making the point we don't pay peanuts when it comes to wages and Berge was quite a decent wedge per week. Also, expected us to get more for Berge but his injuries over the years and refusal on a new deal meant we didn't.

PA seems to think we will bring a few faces in this window along with getting some players on a new deal. Although he highlighted one player has been refusing a new deal for a while. I think it's clear it's probably Jebbo he is talking about despite PA claiming we are still in talks with him.

It's common practice from the little I have read on club sales

Is there a list of very wealthy people, wishing to become relatively poor by 'investing' in 'a' football club for which they have no previous knowledge let alone affiliation ?

Which are these 'club sale' companies, Zoopla, Henry Spencer and sons, or is it an auction speciality for the likes of Sotheby's ?

Some useful advice from Google is.

How do you market a football club?

10 Effective Marketing Ideas for Sports Teams
  1. Use Social Media. ...
  2. Create a newsletter. ...
  3. Develop a website. ...
  4. Create a raffle. ...
  5. Sell club merchandise. ...
  6. Hand out flyers. ...
  7. Advertise on TV or radio. ...
  8. Tell your friends.
More items...

27 Jun 2017

Is there a list of very wealthy people, wishing to become relatively poor by 'investing' in 'a' football club for which they have no previous knowledge let alone affiliation ?

Which are these 'club sale' companies, Zoopla, Henry Spencer and sons, or is it an auction speciality for the likes of Sotheby's ?

Some useful advice from Google is.

How do you market a football club?

10 Effective Marketing Ideas for Sports Teams
  1. Use Social Media. ...
  2. Create a newsletter. ...
  3. Develop a website. ...
  4. Create a raffle. ...
  5. Sell club merchandise. ...
  6. Hand out flyers. ...
  7. Advertise on TV or radio. ...
  8. Tell your friends.
More items...

27 Jun 2017
Some great ideas there .

I can’t understand why HRH doesn’t put an add in the local laundrette window - I did and got £45 for my drop handlebar racer , and it only took 6 days .

There needs to be more lateral thinking 🤔

Back
Top Bottom