The Contenders

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some of the names we are being linked with are shocking - including Lennon and McInnes. I don’t think Heckingbottom is up to it either. Howe and Lampard look the best options so far.
Read that a bit quick pal. Saw Lennon and McCartney.

I'm moving towards Bilic of the available names mentioned thus far. He's experienced, has been successful and has that very slight hint of psychopathy behind the eyes which I think a Sheffield manager needs. Wilder had it, Bassett had it, Warnock had it too.
I wouldn't be averse to Bilic but he took a job in China 3 weeks after leaving WBA and they are notoriously generous with their salaries for "names" from the west.

Unless he's desperate to come back to this country as he feels he has some sort of unfinished business then it's probably a non-starter unfortunately.

Missing links.

The man looks like someone has shaved a chimpanzee
Shaved chimpanzee, squashed apes, primate caddy.
Anything you'd like to share ? Don't feel afraid. These pages are filled with the wise, well balanced , compassionate and reasoned warm hearted of folks.

Shaved chimpanzee, squashed apes, primate caddy.
Anything you'd like to share ? Don't feel afraid. These pages are filled with the wise, well balanced , compassionate and reasoned warm hearted of folks.

Well, seeing as how the world is turning into Planet of the Apes I decided to make a head start

Yep. Never a giant comet when you need one.

I'd be front and centre underneath the fucking thing. Taking deep swigs from a bottle of JD and shouting "it's about fucking time"

I can’t see Howe, Lampard or Terry coming to be honest. Even if they did, if they got us in the top 6 in the Championship it would only be a matter of time before a Premier League team poached them. Probably the same with the Swansea guy. Question is which of the contenders would be given and stay three years, as without somebody chucking a massive wedge of money at our team that is how long it will take to rebuild. I am intrigued by Hecky’s comment the other day “the new manager will be watching” Does that mean it is a done deal? I doubt any of those I have mentioned were watching us on Sunday unless the deal is done. I gave up before the end and that doesn’t happen very often

He well may be the next messiah, but unfortunately I’m struggling to see it

How long has he been out of management? Any reason why he hasn’t returned yet or indeed why?

The thing about talking well is that it doesn’t necessarily equate to results on the pitch. I’d sooner he talked like a tit but had had 5 promotions to his name. That might get the juices flowing

Currently top of L1 with Lincoln.

2 choices for me, one being Cooper at Swansea. Play a 3-4-2-1 system so not to disimilar and seems to be the next guy on the up.

My other choice is left field - Carlos Corberan who is assistant to Bielsa at Leeds and very highly thought of.

Didn't he go to Udders when the Cowley's left???

Has Sean Dyche been suggested,been at Burnley over 8 years,our type of manager,good record,if we think Lampard Terry within budget surely Dyche fits the bill. On record saying ambitious ,would he fancy aproject at a bigger club,for me number 1 chioce.

Just googled Dyche current salary,70k week,Chris reported contract 675k a year.Burnley chairman poorest in prem,small crowd income,somebody explain.

Hes not if tindall is hanging around! They had a big falling out and dislike each other
That's a load of bollocks mate. Not a big falling out at all. Even most Bournemouth fans are hearing the first about it....one journo on twitter putting a tweet up over weekend has everyone shocked. Nothing ever been reported on them two falling out.

Complete guess, but might be because Bournemouth are still paying him?
Yep this is it. He's not allowed to join any club until summer because of it.

Getting a new manager is an enormous risk regardless of who it is, sometimes a manager or a player can just click at a club and look like super talented world beaters, but then move them from that environment and they're useless, think Atkins at Southampton or indeed Howe when he went to Burnley, conversely an uninspiring selection could click here, and make the board look visionaries, no appointment is going to be a guaranteed success.

Marco Silva is a manager I would at least consider if I was the Prince.

A decent win percentage of 50%.

Got relegated from the PL as Hull manager but the bottom line is they didn't have enough quality to survive anyway. But I remember still being impressed with how he managed them and continued to get the best out of them till the end of that season, they were never dead and buried or cut adrift.

Got the sack from Watford but not very surprising there as that happens every 5 minutes at Vicarage Road.

Also got the sack (I'm not selling this very well am I?) at Everton halfway through his second season but did well in his first full season finishing in 8th. IMO the job was just a tad too big/early for him.

He's taken a break for a little over a year now so must be looking for his next job sooner or later and may see a recently relegated PL club as a way to get back there?

Just googled Dyche current salary,70k week,Chris reported contract 675k a year.Burnley chairman poorest in prem,small crowd income,somebody explain.
If wilder was on £675k a year, where the hell did the £7m payout come from. Just doesn't add up, unless he had a Pardrew style contract 🤣🤣

Eddie Howe will have us diving and screaming all over the pitch.

Bilic is the only one on your list who really fits our personality.

Ultimately, it will depend on what PA’s vision and ambitions for the club are. A good DoF and a big name can be used to attract interest - but ultimately wages are what attracts players.

If you’re going to pump money in you need a really good coach - even if he’s unknown. If you’re not putting money in you need something different - like Lampard’s name.

Very much agree....Bilic is the closet fit to the traditional DNA of our club. Bilic isn’t a politician and speaks from the heart.

I’m pretty confident he’d have the fans on his side from the beggining.
My only concern is that if we start badly....it could turn nasty...and if anyone shouts abuse at Bilic
he’s an emotional passionate guy capable of snapping and jumping into the South stand to have a scrap with anyone abusing him.

Lampard is young and fashionable. He’d be a great appointment to improve our image...but I wasnt that impressed with him at Derby,

Last edited:
Well Celtic fans would give that lot at S6 a run for their money in the deluded stakes, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they thought Pep was going.

Think that’s unfair. Appreciate that the Scottish league is poor and is probably slowly dying.

but based on actual facts, regards fanbase, trophies won, history and potential.... both Celtic and Rangers are strong contenders of being in the top 12 “biggest“ clubs in world football. In England theres only Man Utd and Liverpool with a bigger fan base.

Last edited:
That's a load of bollocks mate. Not a big falling out at all. Even most Bournemouth fans are hearing the first about it....one journo on twitter putting a tweet up over weekend has everyone shocked. Nothing ever been reported on them two falling out.

Yep this is it. He's not allowed to join any club until summer because of it.
People get uppity with people posting ITK stuff.

Doesn't bother me either way as it's up to the individual whether they give it any credibility.

Just to clarify, are you nailing your colours to the mast that Eddie Howe has agreed to join us in the summer?

What's his stance on the DoF the board apparently want?

Bilic and Besic would be a great start.

Besic would be really good in the Championship.
Agree....Bilic and Besic have that “dogs of war” aura about them....its the type that normally become cult Heroes with our fans.

I rate Eddie Howe but he comes across as that intellectual university type with his study books of tactics.
On paper he’d be an excellent appointment but he wouldn’t be accepted as quickly as Bilic.
Howe would need to get off to a good start otherwise fans will think he’s making excuses and is a yes man for the owner.

Seth Ablade - Assistant manager at Musan Salama in the Finish second division, i reckon hes ready to step up

If Howe was interested, he's the obvious choice. But why would he be interested?
If Howe is interested and we are interested why isn't he on the verge of joining ( maybe he is !) Hes out of work and the board knew things were coming to a head so could have sounded him out.

My viee is Howe is waiting for Woy Hodgson to pack in at Palace. Howe is a southern boy and failed last time he ventured north, Palace would be a perfect fit for him

Back
Top Bottom