The Club is a laughing stock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Be interesting to see how he plays against city Friday night 😥

West ham last time I checked. Got over £100 million for Declan Rice and haven't replaced him as far as I know (unless I've missed their signings), Everton who are in dire need of reinforcements after last season and have only signed Ashley Young I recall.
West Ham and Everton have far better and bigger squads than us. A Rice replacement is arriving for a medical now, JWP will likely follow.

Sander Berge is our best player now Ndiaye has left.

Anyone with a pair of eyes and doesn't haven't agenda against the lad can see what he brings to the team.
He isn't. I've got a pair of eyes, and see what he brings to the team. Not nearly enough, not nearly often enough.

This is nothing like the Ndiaye sale, and is an easy upgrade.

West ham last time I checked. Got over £100 million for Declan Rice and haven't replaced him as far as I know (unless I've missed their signings), Everton who are in dire need of reinforcements after last season and have only signed Ashley Young I recall.
But you accept the strength of their teams is greater than ours?

But you accept the strength of their teams is greater than ours?
True they have got stronger squads than us but they were still in a relegation fight last season.

West Ham might have avoided it with quite a few games to spare but Everton will need to do a lot if they want to avoid a relegation battle this season because they were dire last season.

True they have got stronger squads than us but they were still in a relegation fight last season.

West Ham might have avoided it with quite a few games to spare but Everton will need to do a lot if they want to avoid a relegation battle this season because they were dire last season.
I think Europa league factored in for West Ham because they did have a decent team. I agree Everton will struggle again this season.

I think Europa league factored in for West Ham because they did have a decent team. I agree Everton will struggle again this season.
Yeah, that Europa League did lift them, on reflection it might have played a part in why they were in a relagation fight in the first place (number of games and travel etc)

In my opinion Sander Berge plays one good game in 5 and always has, strong running forward with ball to his right foot but
with the turning circle of an oil tanker and occasionally he turns in a match winning performance.
With the money for Ilyman and Berge pushing say £40m, the management can buy in 5 or 6 young dynamic players and have a decent
budget to get players tied down to 3+ years, better than Berge, never better than Ilyman but that is water under bridge and go for
players we wouldnt otherwise have a chance to buy or loan as decent wages can be paid.

Hecky may have been forced into a corner but I bet there are a few surprises yet and building a new midfield plus a couple of forwards
may be better than Sander playing well once a month.
The surprise for me is there are still some fans on here who believe we are going to sign some dynamic players to replace our only 2 special dynamic players . My God the prince is having a easy time of conning us dont you think

He isn't. I've got a pair of eyes, and see what he brings to the team. Not nearly enough, not nearly often enough.

This is nothing like the Ndiaye sale, and is an easy upgrade.
What are you doing hanging around on here then? Go and let the club know who to upgrade on him with if its so easy. We're all counting on you

Prince Abdullah please do us all a favour and get out of our club and get out of our club now.

Our promotion should have been a joyous occasion and something to look forward too but instead we have become not only the laughing stock of the Premier League we have become the laughing stock of English football as a whole.

Selling Sander to a Premier league relegation rival is the most criminal transfer I can ever recall and the timing of it is a complete and utter insult to every single fan that has forked out for a season ticket.

Now we can all understand Ndiaye going but the timing yet again was what has caused uproar.

But this with Sander Berge is inexcusable and to Burnley 😂

This is literally the straw that broke the camels back the club is completely done under Prince Abdullah and this current board.

The Prince says judge him on his actions not his words and he has now proven to be a complete and utter con artist that has completely pulled the wool over the fan bases eyes.

PRINCE ABDULLAH AND THE BOARD OUT NOW!!!
You’d think that a prospective buyer would snap up an EPL side with a large fan base, in a large city a decent stadium and a tradition going back nearly 140 years for £120m. After all Bournemouth had no trouble selling their club for around £116m.
So what do prospective investors know that the Prince isn’t telling the fans.

Everton are in a situation where no body wants to join them a bit like us really . I wonder why ? maybe players who are worth having look how good the clubs are run and decide i wont bother .

Everton are in a situation where no body wants to join them a bit like us really . I wonder why ? maybe players who are worth having look how good the clubs are run and decide i wont bother .
I know quite a few on here bang on and on about how our club is being run into the ground by the board and owners, which I disagree with. But our difficult times at the moment are nowhere near as bad as what is going on at Everton (in these last few years).

Prince Abdullah please do us all a favour and get out of our club and get out of our club now.

Our promotion should have been a joyous occasion and something to look forward too but instead we have become not only the laughing stock of the Premier League we have become the laughing stock of English football as a whole.

Selling Sander to a Premier league relegation rival is the most criminal transfer I can ever recall and the timing of it is a complete and utter insult to every single fan that has forked out for a season ticket.

Now we can all understand Ndiaye going but the timing yet again was what has caused uproar.

This is literally the straw that broke the camels back the club is completely done under Prince Abdullah and this current board.

The Prince says judge him on his actions not his words and he has now proven to be a complete and utter con artist that has completely pulled the wool over the fan bases eyes.

Distinct smell of pork , trott on back to S6

Attention seeker alert.

Would love to explain how business works but doubt you’ll be able to take it in.

“Sack the board”?…..I truly despair.
Hopefully it’s a kid with little life experience posting.

I agree, we are becoming a laughing stock and I am really angry at what is happening at the club right now.

1). While Berge does blow hot and cold, he is still better than the rest of our midfield, is an international and has PL experience. And just when you think we couldnt be more stupid, we are selling to a team expected to be around us in the table. It is also the context of Berge being sold after our best player has left (Ndiaye) and our other two best players from last season (Doyle and McAtee) have not been replaced.
2) How is selling our best players meant to attract new players? They can see the lack of ambition as we can and will go elsewhere
3) We are not prepared to pay the money to get decent replacments (El-changes his mind and plays dumb when it suits Accounto basically said this on Twitter today).
4) Hecky is constantly having the rug pulled from underneath him - how can he prepare for the season with this constantly happening?
5) We are doing exactly what we would have done if not promoted - selling our best players - despite being promoted.
6) How have we been mismanaged to the point where £170m from promotion is not enough to get us out of the financial sh1t. Are we in debt to the mafia or something?
7) If the owner isnt supporting Hecky and the club financially, then why should we? Money is a struggle for most supporters right now.
8) The board are not making us even remotely competitive for this season - our sponsor might as well say 'f*ck you, Blades fans'. They can't expect people to come and cheer a team which has been effectively set up to fail.
9) The reckless approach to contracts.
10) The epic amount of time it is taking to sell. Lower your price if you have no takers and cant finance the club yourself.

HRH has ruined his legacy at the club in my eyes. The sooner he goes, the better.

I know quite a few on here bang on and on about how our club is being run into the ground by the board and owners, which I disagree with. But our difficult times at the moment are nowhere near as bad as what is going on at Everton (in these last few years).
Really ? Even though Everton are in a mess i think even in their position they have a better chance of staying in the prem than we do .So what do you think that says about our position?

For me it depends on the player, someone for example Slimane and his team have clearly seen an opportunity where he can play in the Premier League. Looking at how thin the squad is, if you nail a first team place down and are able to stand out even if the team is relegated worst case for him, he is in the EFL however he might get a stepping stone move to a mid-table Premier League side. The motive of wanting to force a move to Bramall Lane at the moment has got to be questioned although if it is genuinely to try and perform in the Premier League then why not give them a shot.

I agree, we are becoming a laughing stock and I am really angry at what is happening at the club right now.

1). While Berge does blow hot and cold, he is still better than the rest of our midfield, is an international and has PL experience. And just when you think we couldnt be more stupid, we are selling to a team expected to be around us in the table. It is also the context of Berge being sold after our best player has left (Ndiaye) and our other two best players from last season (Doyle and McAtee) have not been replaced.
2) How is selling our best players meant to attract new players? They can see the lack of ambition as we can and will go elsewhere
3) We are not prepared to pay the money to get decent replacments (El-changes his mind and plays dumb when it suits Accounto basically said this on Twitter today).
4) Hecky is constantly having the rug pulled from underneath him - how can he prepare for the season with this constantly happening?
5) We are doing exactly what we would have done if not promoted - selling our best players - despite being promoted.
6) How have we been mismanaged to the point where £170m from promotion is not enough to get us out of the financial sh1t. Are we in debt to the mafia or something?
7) If the owner isnt supporting Hecky and the club financially, then why should we? Money is a struggle for most supporters right now.
8) The board are not making us even remotely competitive for this season - our sponsor might as well say 'f*ck you, Blades fans'. They can't expect people to come and cheer a team which has been effectively set up to fail.
9) The reckless approach to contracts.
10) The epic amount of time it is taking to sell. Lower your price if you have no takers and cant finance the club yourself.

HRH has ruined his legacy at the club in my eyes. The sooner he goes, the better.
Agree mate this club could not withstand another 12 months of this ownership . He says now he wants to stay in some capacity God help us .

Are you trying to wind me up? the guy is a complete and utter joke.

Just from listening to the interview yesterday he didn't do his due dilligence properly with Mauriss nor Dozy.

Only our club could involve itself with such frauds.
Coventry, Wednesday, Burnley, Blackpool … it’s a long list, and you say “only our club”. Do you actually believe that or are you just saying it for effect?

For everyone saying it's not that big a loss because Berge isn't that good - it's not the point.

Even if he isn't all that, we don't have any other midfielders that are PL standard and that are settled at the club.

How many more times.
Wait until the window closes, none of our better signings have arrived yet. The plan is our squad will definitely be better than last season.

Reminds of the comments “we’ll never sign Brewster as we’re not ambitious enough” and “we’ll never sign Berge” because we’re not ambitious enough,

At what stage will the penny drop?

Look at the history of the PL, apart from Blackpool when Oyston was their owner, don’t think any other club had given up on trying to stay up.

It’s hardly rocket science…..we’ll be trying to make a few ambitious signings soon, the question is more about whether we get our 1st choice, 2nd choice or down to 3rd choice signings.

For me it depends on the player, someone for example Slimane and his team have clearly seen an opportunity where he can play in the Premier League. Looking at how thin the squad is, if you nail a first team place down and are able to stand out even if the team is relegated worst case for him, he is in the EFL however he might get a stepping stone move to a mid-table Premier League side. The motive of wanting to force a move to Bramall Lane at the moment has got to be questioned although if it is genuinely to try and perform in the Premier League then why not give them a shot.
Why not give them a shot? Because having sold our main asset even though we were already short in mid field we need players who have a proven record playing in the prem or some other quality league . We dont have the luxury or time to wait for these guys to develop in to decent players (thats if they do). Our club is shouting out for quality players and the only way is to pay players the going rate in wages but if the last time we were in the prem is anything to go by we wont so they dont come and we go down .

What are you doing hanging around on here then? Go and let the club know who to upgrade on him with if its so easy. We're all counting on you
If you don't think there are far better players available for £12M, then we can just agree to disagree. ;)

Wow, we do have a depressing fan base at times, complaining about selling 2 players who might have ended up walking away for free next summer. Claiming that we are going to be the laughing stock of the premier league because Ndiaye left when other teams have let their star players go without signing anyone to replace them.
Corrrrrrrrrrect

Back
Top Bottom