The blame...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The owner might as well sit on the side of the road and chuck a million quid a week down the drain, that's what this is costing him now. Best sell up to Tom's Fish & Fruit Merchant (local lad done ok-ish) and then we can go back to being a League One giant and continue our arguments with the other shower of shit that occupy this city about whose shit smells best

Net spend means nothing without a plan. Which should come from higher up than the manager.
I agree. He’s far from perfect, but a million times better than what we’ve had (McCabe). We’ve wasted the opportunity of being a prem club IMO. He’s to blame, Wilder and Hecky are to blame, Paul Mitchell is to blame. It’s not only his fault. Like i say he’s put the money he’s had available into the club. It’s just in the wrong hands.

I think our mindest as a fan base is partly to blame. Can’t move beyond passionate yorkshiremen ‘who know the club’. Everything is just a recipe for disaster at this level.

The owner is/will be sadly going no where. We are stuck with this fat useless potless T>>t for some time yet.

I agree. He’s far from perfect, but a million times better than what we’ve had (McCabe). We’ve wasted the opportunity of being a prem club IMO. He’s to blame, Wilder and Hecky are to blame, Paul Mitchell is to blame. It’s not only his fault. Like i say he’s put the money he’s had available into the club. It’s just in the wrong hands.

I think our mindest as a fan base is partly to blame. Can’t move beyond passionate yorkshiremen ‘who know the club’. Everything is just a recipe for disaster at this level.
Yep. But a bloke from Saudi with no Yorkshire persuasion has done nowt to change that.

Should’ve stuck with and trusted in Slav

Yep. But a bloke from Saudi with no Yorkshire persuasion has done nowt to change that.

Should’ve stuck with and trusted in Slav
The one good thing he did as owner was realise the slav idea while well intentioned would require a massive squad overhaul and got rid quickly.

The blame ultimately lies with the prince but with limited resources, you're got to use them well, summer signings like Benie were fine if they were for the future and supporting quality, but when they were supporting a threadbare squad and other ropey signings like Slimane, it's just a waste. January was an opportunity to invest in key areas, instead we signed a bad keeper and a bad central defender that haven't improved us at all.

Today the blame is mostly on Wilder, five at the back worked at Villa Park but tactically we played completely differently to today and didn't give them acres of space to play simple through balls to run onto, there's been no attempt to change what's happening, so rather than putting a man on Tielemans when he's free at the edge of the box, just let him have another go.

Nobody involved in the club hierarchy or first team squad and coaching this season is free from blame, it's been not good enough from top to bottom.

If only we had have had a car park protest before the game none of this would have happened

Which is my point. That’s what we need.
He/we don't have the money. I remember when people were on here praising him for spending "wor McCabe woddent"

I think it's clear to see a more prudent year one in the premier league would have avoided all financial issues.

He/we don't have the money. I remember when people were on here praising him for spending "wor McCabe woddent"

I think it's clear to see a more prudent year one in the premier league would have avoided all financial issues.
I doubt it would. We have a horrendous management structure from the very top.

Granted, spending 0 or whatever we ended up spending would’ve made absolutely no difference

Agree. And he’s trying but no one wants us.

Team selection tonight is on Wilder though.

UTB
He is absolutely NOT trying. The 3 separate interests who've gone in to doscussions at the Lane have all been taken by surprise in his demand to still have an holding interest.

The perfect storm of shit.
Wilder is not going to be able to turn this around. Morale at an all time low. 352 is dead along time yet we persist which leads going down the sides and players out of position on the break.
Picking Holgate to play tonight. Having Anel as captain????? Dropping Hamer and playing brooks. Dropping Jack Robinson. Playing Osula instead of Archer. The Wes situation.

Recruitment.....before anyone says we sold our two best players....we sold one. Ndiaye. Berge was completely over rated.

Bogle is a headless chicken and can't defend.
Anel or Trusty can't organise a defence.

McBurnie.....Brewster....Moussett, Burke..lowe..... freeman. Souza..Traore Slimane Coubally Callum Robinson, Berge...Robin Olsen....Thomas..Laroucci......not even related to footballers. Who thought they were worth buying?

Not to sure about Wilder coming back, but who ever was the manager, they would be operating with at one hand tied behind their back.
The cause of the problem is limited resources to compete in this league. Afraid to say this club is going to need a rebuild. We may be in for some difficult times in the next few seasons.

Wilder has come back and has clearly rubbed a few players up the wrong way.

He also knows half the squad are out contract so doesn't care if he pisses them off.

Back
Top Bottom