That's why McBurnie starts ahead of osula

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As I said our play changed and we went more direct, so clearly Wilder told them to hit McB, does not make him having played better. For me he was poor, not digging him out just giving my opinion. He is detrimental to how we play and attack at speed. Stats back that up.

What stat site do you use?
Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Choose your stats and you can prove whatever you want

McBurnie's footballing intelligence, decision-making, and link-up play are streets ahead of Osula . . . which is to be expected, given how much more football he's played. Osula has all the tools to be a top player but he could do with watching McBurnie a bit and learning how to bring his teammates into the game. At times he just puts his head down and runs at the goal. Not a bad instinct and it will pay dividends sometimes but at other times it's the wrong thing to do.

Really hope they're both with us next season.

Eh? You don’t think we were more of attacking threat in the 1st half, 5 shots on target with the keeper making 4 saves as opposed to 1 shot on target and the keeper making zero saves in the 2 half says it all. I don’t think anyone can honestly say they watched that game and we were not more of a threat in the 1st half.

But that is not blaming McB, I’m actually blaming Wilder, it was his him that made the changes and changed to a more direct game. Just don’t think he needed to do it until the 60-65th minute. As each minute went on in the first half we were getting stronger and more of a threat, genuinely thought there was only one winner and we would win by a couple in the 2nd half but he changed it at HT for some reason.

Yeah you're right. I could have said goals scored for example...

As I said our play changed and we went more direct, so clearly Wilder told them to hit McB, does not make him having played better. For me he was poor, not digging him out just giving my opinion. He is detrimental to how we play and attack at speed. Stats back that up.

What stat site do you use?

I don't agree he was poor. Us changing style, and him being poor are 2 separate issues, would be my opinion. Not his fault, and he looked after the ball better than Osula, as per the stats (I use Whoscored).

I though Osula should have stayed on to be fair. Got no issue with him at all, will only get better and better too.

Last edited:
Load of balls that. We were a lot more of a threat in the 1st half and the stats reflect that, 5 shots on target, keeper made 4 saves. Swaps him for McB and we have 1 shot on target and the keeper makes zero saves 2nd half.

I think he was really unlucky to be hooked, was a constant threat with pace and power, good link up play and his runs and movement were good and he had every bit of battling and aggression that McB does. Just that Osula battles with centre halves to actually try to win the ball, same with headers he actually try’s to win them where as McB battles with defenders not to win the ball but to win free kicks. I personally though McB was very poor in the game but hats off for nerves of steel for the pen.

Still genuinely can’t see where McB is better at hold up, he loses the ball or gives it away more than anything, I also think he’s poor winning headers as like I say he is looking to win a free kick more than the header. In our box he is more than decent with headers though.
Scored 4 in 4 in consecutive home premier league games. Won us a point today.

Scored 4 in 4 in consecutive home premier league games. Won us a point today.
Already said he had balls of steel for the pen fair play to him, but come on their keeper gifted us the point having a brain fart. He could have scored when he had a totally free header just a few yards past the back post and instead of chesting down like most decent players would have done being in so much space he did an extremely poor header attempting to head it back across the box which hit someone and came back to him which he then just booted straight over the crossbar from a few yards out. I’m sure people see things like that and just say well that never happened let me just concentrate on a couple of flick ons he did.

Hold up play better, bigger threat in air, link up play better, draws defenders to him more, better at attacking and defending set pieces but osula quicker I'll give him that

McBurnie offers a more experienced threat and holds the ball up, but as I’ve said on the Osula thread, neither manage to provide a real all round threat. McBurnie did exactly what he was brought on to do, I thought Osula did what he was required to do

The difference for me based on two different halves, which is an observation rather than a criticism, is that we’re more dynamic in the final third with Osula.

With McBurnie we’re naturally more direct. We play a more predictable game and I think with a quick poacher off the main target man, that’s fine.

What we had first half was Osula through the middle wanting to turn and go. Frightens defenders, this style.

With Macca and Diaz wide, we have two players that love to run with the ball, run off their passes and create a little more chaos in that final 3rd. They run off the pivot, in most cases Hamer.

Brooks and Souza also look more to use Hamer in that advanced pivot in this system.

The downside is that the more dynamic approach requires more energy so it’s not a 90 min system and it’s more attack focused so can also be a gamble

McBurnie offers a more experienced threat and holds the ball up, but as I’ve said on the Osula thread, neither manage to provide a real all round threat. McBurnie did exactly what he was brought on to do, I thought Osula did what he was required to do

The difference for me based on two different halves, which is an observation rather than a criticism, is that we’re more dynamic in the final third with Osula.

With McBurnie we’re naturally more direct. We play a more predictable game and I think with a quick poacher off the main target man, that’s fine.

What we had first half was Osula through the middle wanting to turn and go. Frightens defenders, this style.

With Macca and Diaz wide, we have two players that love to run with the ball, run off their passes and create a little more chaos in that final 3rd. They run off the pivot, in most cases Hamer.

Brooks and Souza also look more to use Hamer in that advanced pivot in this system.

The downside is that the more dynamic approach requires more energy so it’s not a 90 min system and it’s more attack focused so can also be a gamble
If we had spent money on osula people would be far more critical, he's come through the academy which for many on here absolves them completely of poor performances

Already said he had balls of steel for the pen fair play to him, but come on their keeper gifted us the point having a brain fart. He could have scored when he had a totally free header just a few yards past the back post and instead of chesting down like most decent players would have done being in so much space he did an extremely poor header attempting to head it back across the box which hit someone and came back to him which he then just booted straight over the crossbar from a few yards out. I’m sure people see things like that and just say well that never happened let me just concentrate on a couple of flick ons he did.
Not saying that he’s a world beater. Just saying that he scored ( again).

Spot on.

Hold up play better, bigger threat in air, link up play better, draws defenders to him more, better at attacking and defending set pieces but osula quicker I'll give him that
United far more fluid passi g to feet, dynamic as set up in first half. Half time and for 30 minutes out of 45, slower, less creative, pass back and square and hoof to mcburnie. Vrustrating eatching the team almost bottle it until a little luck at end.

If we had spent money on osula people would be far more critical, he's come through the academy which for many on here absolves them completely of poor performances
That’s completely valid though. You spend a decent amount of money on a player and you expect them to be decent. If they’ve come through the academy and are still young enough to play u23 football then they’re generally still developing and you give them slack.

What is daft is when you pay £22m for someone who came through someone else’s academy and it turns out that they’re shit and won’t make a decent footballer no matter how hard you try!

Has to be one of the most ridiculous pointless wastes of time posts I've ever seen on here
If you think he was shit then say why don't make stuff up about other Imaginary posters

Has to be one of the most ridiculous pointless wastes of time posts I've ever seen on here
If you think he was shit then say why don't make stuff up about other Imaginary posters
Ok he's not good enough for the premier league, he's scored 2 goals for our first team in an fa cup tie against a team roughly 80-83 in the league pyramid, he's full of running and he's enthusiastic, but he makes bad decisions time after time , often gets bullied off the ball, runs offside frequently, passes when he should shoot, shoots when he should pass, he is a very very very poor man's Darwin Nunez ,

What if I told you..
It's OK to like Osula AND McBurnie?
They're also both ours so it's OK to lean towards one without slating the other as well.
I'm not slating osula I'm saying that today shows why McBurnie starts ahead of him that's all

Ok he's not good enough for the premier league, he's scored 2 goals for our first team in an fa cup tie against a team roughly 80-83 in the league pyramid, he's full of running and he's enthusiastic, but he makes bad decisions time after time , often gets bullied off the ball, runs offside frequently, passes when he should shoot, shoots when he should pass, he is a very very very poor man's Darwin Nunez ,
Well he is good enough for the premier league as he is starting for a premier league team.
He is full of running and enthusiastic you're right but the rest of your post is bullshit I'm afraid
I'm not allowed to mention that he's 20 as that's absolving him of not being Darwin nunez apparently

Well he is good enough for the premier league as he is starting for a premier league team.
He is full of running and enthusiastic you're right but the rest of your post is bullshit I'm afraid
I'm not allowed to mention that he's 20 as that's absolving him of not being Darwin nunez apparently
Fair enough we are entitled to our opinions mine is that he starts for none of the other 19 and that he isn't a premier league player, he is a player who's team happens to be in the premier league and that is a massive difference

Fair enough we are entitled to our opinions mine is that he starts for none of the other 19 and that he isn't a premier league player, he is a player who's team happens to be in the premier league and that is a massive difference
It's not an opinion though its a fact
He is a premier league player and he might not have scored yet but as soon as he does he has scored more premier league goals than Sheffield Wednesday have in the last 24 hrs

Osula so desperate to score, he even tried to head that chance in (just before the goal) when using his right foot would probably have meant he scored.

It's not an opinion though its a fact
He is a premier league player and he might not have scored yet but as soon as he does he has scored more premier league goals than Sheffield Wednesday have in the last 24 hrs
What's Sheffield Wednesday got to do with anything? And ok he is a premier league player for now I'll give you that , but I feel he will be one in the same way Kean Bryan, and Ollie burke , Antoine hackford, Ben Osborne, are, strange how we had no bids for these premier league players when we got relegated

What's Sheffield Wednesday got to do with anything? And ok he is a premier league player for now I'll give you that , but I feel he will be one in the same way Kean Bryan, and Ollie burke , Antoine hackford, Ben Osborne, are, strange how we had no bids for these premier league players when we got relegated
They all played in one premier league games than Sheffield Wednesday have in 24 years
24 years!

Interestingly that's what the West Ham supporters that we were talking to on the train home said, but for some reason lots of our fans can't see it.
Nail on the head there,as other supporters verify. I like Osula and the huge promise he has,but he definitely started yesterday because of his pace. By the way,Cameron Archers face said it all yesterday,he wasn’t a happy bunny at all being a third choice forward.

Nail on the head there,as other supporters verify. I like Osula and the huge promise he has,but he definitely started yesterday because of his pace. By the way,Cameron Archers face said it all yesterday,he wasn’t a happy bunny at all being a third choice forward.
Good we need some competition. It’s the toughest league in the world. Osula is here for pace and power and Archer is here as he scored lots in the championship.

We need to mix the together to have a PL striker but these are too hard to come by. Especially when we don’t spend money on strikers.

Osula would benefit tremendously from a loan move this window.

Jebbo same. Assuming he’s committing.

We would need positive replacements to bolster our options.

It’s still our weakest area of the pitch.

UTB

Thought Osula played well first half, he tires quite quickly as he’s still getting up to speed with the pace of elite football but he’s improving game by game.

McBurnie probably allowed us to get up the pitch a bit more winning clever fouls but I wouldn’t say there was much between the two. BBD was very good, clever player & clearly loving being here too.

Back
Top Bottom