That's why McBurnie starts ahead of osula

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t think it needs to be ‘Osula v McBurnie’.

Wilder said post match that Osula wasn’t great until late in the half, hence why he hooked him. I don’t agree with him, he did ok I thought.

McBurnie also did ok, linked play well, won a pen and then scored it.

Neither were amazing or shit.

Agree it shouldn't be 1 vs the other. It's just not a good narrative, and just makes people exaggerate either way.

Both were fine. Neither were great. I'd remind those slagging McB that he both won and scored the penalty.

Osula unlucky to go off at half time if not injured. But then again, I'm not a football manager

Hold up play better, bigger threat in air, link up play better, draws defenders to him more, better at attacking and defending set pieces but osula quicker I'll give him that
Bit of a dilemma really, mcburnie hold up/link play and his presence in the air is 10x that of osula, but osula is 10x quicker, puts more pressure on their defenders in possession and makes much more dangerous runs in behind.

I'm sure that part of his game where will come with experience and building a stronger frame.

Although given his size, I don't actually think osula is a link/target man as you'd expect.

He said something along the lines of “he didn’t start playing until 40 mins so I knew we needed Oli on”
Load of balls that. We were a lot more of a threat in the 1st half and the stats reflect that, 5 shots on target, keeper made 4 saves. Swaps him for McB and we have 1 shot on target and the keeper makes zero saves 2nd half.

I think he was really unlucky to be hooked, was a constant threat with pace and power, good link up play and his runs and movement were good and he had every bit of battling and aggression that McB does. Just that Osula battles with centre halves to actually try to win the ball, same with headers he actually try’s to win them where as McB battles with defenders not to win the ball but to win free kicks. I personally though McB was very poor in the game but hats off for nerves of steel for the pen.

Still genuinely can’t see where McB is better at hold up, he loses the ball or gives it away more than anything, I also think he’s poor winning headers as like I say he is looking to win a free kick more than the header. In our box he is more than decent with headers though.

Load of balls that. We were a lot more of a threat in the 1st half and the stats reflect that, 5 shots on target, keeper made 4 saves. Swaps him for McB and we have 1 shot on target and the keeper makes zero saves 2nd half.

I think he was really unlucky to be hooked, was a constant threat with pace and power, good link up play and his runs and movement were good and he had every bit of battling and aggression that McB does. Just that Osula battles with centre halves to actually try to win the ball, same with headers he actually try’s to win them where as McB battles with defenders not to win the ball but to win free kicks. I personally though McB was very poor in the game but hats off for nerves of steel for the pen.

Still genuinely can’t see where McB is better at hold up, he loses the ball or gives it away more than anything, I also think he’s poor winning headers as like I say he is looking to win a free kick more than the header. In our box he is more than decent with headers though.
Interesting view on McB winning headers. I thought he won several “flick ons” today and generally looked dangerous.
Comparing him to Osula is unfair to both.
My feeling is that Osula will have a more successful career.

Thought both looked good today. Both offered something different. Be interesting to see them both in same team. But maybe that’ll be championship.

McBurnie did ok but this was a poor West Ham team. Up against Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool he would look out of his depth. He is a Championship player.

Won more aerials in one half than anybody else in the team the entire game.
What were the stats? He may well have because our play changed and we went more direct but he would often just throw himself to the floor going up against the centre half, it was detrimental to how we were playing in the 1st half and the attacking threat we were, surely anyone can see that? I’m sure if Osula was hit with high balls all the time he would win plenty but we tried and played on the floor the 1st half and the attacking stats show that.

Osulas one of those kids you used to describe as a ' willing runner '.

Hold up play better, bigger threat in air, link up play better, draws defenders to him more, better at attacking and defending set pieces but osula quicker I'll give him that
Interestingly that's what the West Ham supporters that we were talking to on the train home said, but for some reason lots of our fans can't see it.

What were the stats? He may well have because our play changed and we went more direct but he would often just throw himself to the floor going up against the centre half, it was detrimental to how we were playing in the 1st half and the attacking threat we were, surely anyone can see that? I’m sure if Osula was hit with high balls all the time he would win plenty but we tried and played on the floor the 1st half and the attacking stats show that.

Stats are:

McB had more touches. More aerials won. More passes. Better pass completion, than Osula. They both had the same shots on target.

OP & OP

that-is-whack-not-another-teen-movie.gif

Interesting view on McB winning headers. I thought he won several “flick ons” today and generally looked dangerous.
Comparing him to Osula is unfair to both.
My feeling is that Osula will have a more successful career.
He never looked dangerous come on, and I’m only comparing him because that’s what the thread is about, You read the thread title? So obviously it’s a discussion about the pair, just giving my opinion like everyone else that’s all.

I thought the thing that McBurnie did well that Osula didn’t do was dropping into the hole and picking the ball up from the midfield.

Him and Osula are 2 different types of player because Osula plays on the last man, McBurnie doesn’t do that because he hasn’t got the pace/strength.

Both allow BBD to play on the left like he prefers so that’s a decent thing.

Both did ok for me today, assist for Osula and and assist and goal for McBurnie.

Stats are:

McB had more touches. More aerials won. More passes. Better pass completion, than Osula. They both had the same shots on target.
As I said our play changed and we went more direct, so clearly Wilder told them to hit McB, does not make him having played better. For me he was poor, not digging him out just giving my opinion. He is detrimental to how we play and attack at speed. Stats back that up.

What stat site do you use?

McBurnie did ok but this was a poor West Ham team. Up against Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool he would look out of his depth. He is a Championship player.
Half the problem is that 95% of our team also should be Championship players. With the exception of McAtee I don’t think anyone gets in another starting 11 in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom