That's why McBurnie starts ahead of osula

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Osula so desperate to score, he even tried to head that chance in (just before the goal) when using his right foot would probably have meant he scored.

Not seen the replay yet, but looked a really good save realtime.

Thought it went downhill after mcburnie came on and seriously downhill after diaz went off, who was brilliant
I’d say Souza Brooks Diaz going off made us weaker and allowed them more of the ball Diaz and Brooks allowed us to pressure there defence high up the pitch

Good we need some competition. It’s the toughest league in the world. Osula is here for pace and power and Archer is here as he scored lots in the championship.

We need to mix the together to have a PL striker but these are too hard to come by. Especially when we don’t spend money on strikers.
We have spent money on strikers, two loans in Diaz and Archer, not forgetting the eye watering £23m, yep that's right £23m for Brewster. Just let that fucker sink in 😬

Osula would benefit tremendously from a loan move this window.

Jebbo same. Assuming he’s committing.

We would need positive replacements to bolster our options.

It’s still our weakest area of the pitch.

UTB
McBurnie has scored 4 goals in his last 4 Premier League games. You still hate him?

ive never been a mcburnie fan to be honest but did think he offered us more than osula when he came on osula is a great young prospect and will come in to his own i think at championship level but just dont think hes a premier league striker

I think osula is more of a threat, he’s fairly strong and powerful now, his runs cause more problems for defenders and hes not scared to have a pop which I rate.

mcBurnie is a better link up player, he comes much deeper and helps build play more. He has better aerial presence.

Osula is a bigger goal threat, Mcburnie is a better team player. On balance i would prefer our strikers to be more like Osula. I think both have a lot to offer.

I think osula is more of a threat, he’s fairly strong and powerful now, his runs cause more problems for defenders and hes not scared to have a pop which I rate.

mcBurnie is a better link up player, he comes much deeper and helps build play more. He has better aerial presence.

Osula is a bigger goal threat, Mcburnie is a better team player. On balance i would prefer our strikers to be more like Osula. I think both have a lot to offer.
While Osula looks more of a threat he does need to back that up with actual goals or assists...

While Osula looks more of a threat he does need to back that up with actual goals or assists...
Agree, but apart from yesterday, gillingham and perhaps a couple other games ,we’ve not really given any of our strikers much to work with. If we play more like we did yesterday and try and control games more and create chances instead of hoofing into channels then we will score more goals.

Hold up play better, bigger threat in air, link up play better, draws defenders to him more, better at attacking and defending set pieces but osula quicker I'll give him that
Mcbernie has developed his game! he used to get pushed around just like. Osula does now .
Physically stronger now and can compete with these tough centre backs.
The best is yet to come from Oli ! Need to get him signing a new contract.

Do I think Mcburnie is a perfect footballer? No. But I do know this...

That is a truly embarrassing stat. 11 goals in 2.5 seasons makes him our 2nd best. Just shows how poor our recruitment has been.

For my money the best striker performances of this season have come from Archer. Not saying he's consistent, but he's shone the brightest on his good days.

I'd be starting McBurnie and using Osula as the impact sub.

It's all well and good saying you'd prefer McBurnie, but the sad reality is that he'll be unavailable again in a few weeks and given his contract situation, I'd sooner we invest the time in Osula.

If McBurnie can keep coming on and doing what he did yesterday alongside that, then it's no bad thing in the short-term.

That is a truly embarrassing stat. 11 goals in 2.5 seasons makes him our 2nd best. Just shows how poor our recruitment has been.

For my money the best striker performances of this season have come from Archer. Not saying he's consistent, but he's shone the brightest on his good days.
Agree.

Archer is great striker and lower end prem quality IMO. An incredible shot on him. I would trust him in a 1vs 1 situation the most of any of our strikers. Comfortably the most composed and accurate in front of goal.

Hopefully if we keep playing like yesterday we will see his goals increase and general performances improve. He’s better in a footballing team (like most players). Hecky/the team was almost using him as a target man and to chase lost causes at times. He wasn’t dealt the best hand first half of the season.

It's all well and good saying you'd prefer McBurnie, but the sad reality is that he'll be unavailable again in a few weeks and given his contract situation, I'd sooner we invest the time in Osula.

If McBurnie can keep coming on and doing what he did yesterday alongside that, then it's no bad thing in the short-term.
I want both. We know what we will get with mcburnie and we hope Osula will come good but he's not shown he can lead the line just yet.

Agree.

Archer is great striker and lower end prem quality IMO. An incredible shot on him. I would trust him in a 1vs 1 situation the most of any of our strikers. Comfortably the most composed and accurate in front of goal.

Hopefully if we keep playing like yesterday we will see his goals increase and general performances improve. He’s better in a footballing team (like most players). Hecky/the team was almost using him as a target man and to chase lost causes at times. He wasn’t dealt the best hand first half of the season.
I thought Archer did less than any of the others yesterday, let's discount Brewster, who should be loaned out straight away!
But it's almost as if, Archer is told the position he's playing, and he decides that that position is a 20mx20m box, that he can't leave??
He just doesn't seem to put himself about like the others??

Agree.

It's basically a question of if he can play our system. (Or should we tailor our system to Archer?). In a 4-3-3 /4-5-1 I can see why Archer might not be 1st choice but its a bit frustrating given his talent.

I thought Archer did less than any of the others yesterday, let's discount Brewster, who should be loaned out straight away!
But it's almost as if, Archer is told the position he's playing, and he decides that that position is a 20mx20m box, that he can't leave??
He just doesn't seem to put himself about like the others??
Yesterday, i agree with you. He was our least effective striker (excluding brewster). Over the season (so far) I think he’s carried the most threat.

Back
Top Bottom