Thank you Sander

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In no world is Berge a £35m player. He's proven very little with us and he's been here a while now.

He's not worth a quarter of a Jack Grealish then?

Or half a Kalvin Phillips ?
Why does stupidity rule the roost when it comes to other clubs transfers, but when it comes to our sales, a nice, sensible attitude has to be taken

These football clubs are fucking mental, we should be taking advantage of that instead of being the most mental of the lot

He's not worth a quarter of a Jack Grealish then?

Or half a Kalvin Phillips ?
Why does stupidity rule the roost when it comes to other clubs transfers, but when it comes to our sales, a nice, sensible attitude has to be taken

These football clubs are fucking mental, we should be taking advantage of that instead of being the most mental of the lot

No. He really isn't. Those are guys that have done it on the biggest stage against the biggest sides.
Once you've done that the price tag rockets. I don't think the economics move on an even sliding scale...

It's a shame that Norway haven't made the World Cup because that would've been Berge's chance to potentially become that £30m+ man.
I struggle to think of what he'd have to do at our level to hit that bracket. Can you think of someone comparable?

Remember his injury record too, he's a massive gamble. His size, height, weight moving at that speed, every week in the PL. He's already shown (even at a very young age) that his body might potentially struggle to cope with the physical demands of the highest level.
You'd want a larger body of evidence than he has provided to justify going past £20m.

No. He really isn't. Those are guys that have done it on the biggest stage against the biggest sides.
Once you've done that the price tag rockets. I don't think the economics move on an even sliding scale...

It's a shame that Norway haven't made the World Cup because that would've been Berge's chance to potentially become that £30m+ man.
I struggle to think of what he'd have to do at our level to hit that bracket. Can you think of someone comparable?

Remember his injury record too, he's a massive gamble. His size, height, weight moving at that speed, every week in the PL. He's already shown (even at a very young age) that his body might potentially struggle to cope with the physical demands of the highest level.
You'd want a larger body of evidence than he has provided to justify going past £20m.
You are living in the past. If Kevin still owned the club, Berge would not be a United asset. If Berge was an asset under MCabe, he would have been sold for peanuts.
Given the ridiculous transfer fees and wages being paid to distinctly average dross, Berge is worth what a club might pay for him.
It’s refreshing for fans to have owners who demand value for money in the transfer market. I hope Berge stays and I hope the Blades rip the Championship a new one this coming season. All the signs so far are good for that.
No one has denied the ceiling for Berge to go is 35m. If we as a club are desperate, he should only go for the 22m we paid for him.

The days of Sheffield United selling players like Currie, Deane and Mick Jones are behind us thank goodness.

You said the same with Rammers last season with the low ball bids. 🤷‍♂️

I was surprised he went for as much as he did because I don't think he's very good. Fair play to the Board on that occasion for getting reasonable market value for him.

You are living in the past. If Kevin still owned the club, Berge would not be a United asset. If Berge was an asset under MCabe, he would have been sold for peanuts.
Given the ridiculous transfer fees and wages being paid to distinctly average dross, Berge is worth what a club might pay for him.
It’s refreshing for fans to have owners who demand value for money in the transfer market. I hope Berge stays and I hope the Blades rip the Championship a new one this coming season. All the signs so far are good for that.
No one has denied the ceiling for Berge to go is 35m. If we as a club are desperate, he should only go for the 22m we paid for him.

The days of Sheffield United selling players like Currie, Deane and Mick Jones are behind us thank goodness.

Completely agree on Berge being worth whatever someone will pay. Evidence suggests that's nowhere near £35m. To my knowledge, we've never had a bid for him. Tells a story in itself.

As I said, find me a player that left tier 2 for £30m+. Can guarantee he's done a lot more than Berge if he exists.

Things coming together quite nicely for forest in terms of defensive incoming. The prices are crazy though, You are right. 16m for neco williams seems a lot to me anyway. We've got more value out of Germany by the looks of it but still big money.

I think lowe I would leave now but I personally think berge is very classy. Has he been linked with a few. Do you reckon 15m gets him regardless of where he goes?

Edit- just seen the 25m price tag 'slapped' on his head.

They had a release clause for 30m initially if rumours are true but that will adjust as the length of contract winds down..

Prince Abdullah has a strong track record of getting the right value for any outgoing player, David Brooks being the prime example, he'd have gone for less than 5m under the previous owner, but went for about 13m when the add ons kicked in, more recently with ramsdale and arsenal.. Both buying clubs got a great deal as well, as they both became starters in the PL..

20/25m is great value for berge, on his day he ghosts past opposition players and is just pure class, bigger and quicker than most realise with a proper shot on him, he's probably only still here due to not being fit in previous transfer windows...

Can defend as well on set pieces....

Class...

They had a release clause for 30m initially if rumours are true but that will adjust as the length of contract winds down..

Prince Abdullah has a strong track record of getting the right value for any outgoing player, David Brooks being the prime example, he'd have gone for less than 5m under the previous owner, but went for about 13m when the add ons kicked in, more recently with ramsdale and arsenal.. Both buying clubs got a great deal as well, as they both became starters in the PL..

20/25m is great value for berge, on his day he ghosts past opposition players and is just pure class, bigger and quicker than most realise with a proper shot on him, he's probably only still here due to not being fit in previous transfer windows...

Can defend as well on set pieces....

Class...
“Can defend on set prices”? Am missing the joke? He is probably the poorest big man I’ve ever seen in the air. We often don’t bother putting him in the mix to defend corners, he’s recognised as being that bad at it.

Last edited:
I was surprised he went for as much as he did because I don't think he's very good. Fair play to the Board on that occasion for getting reasonable market value for him.

Completely agree on Berge being worth whatever someone will pay. Evidence suggests that's nowhere near £35m. To my knowledge, we've never had a bid for him. Tells a story in itself.

As I said, find me a player that left tier 2 for £30m+. Can guarantee he's done a lot more than Berge if he exists.
Ollie Watkins

I rate Berge highly but have to take issue with this. Possibly the worst header of a ball at the club.

Thought he was OK in defence, seems we all see things differently... I don't judge him against a defender it's not his job, but I have seen him clear the odd ball...

“Can defend on set prices”? Am missing the joke? He is probably the poorest big man I’ve ever seen in the air. We often don’t bother putting him in the mix to defend corners, he’s recognised as being that bad at it.

Has he never scored a header?

Serious question, as I thought he'd scored with a header.. Like I said to the other bloke, we all see it differently

Has he never scored a header?

Serious question, as I thought he'd scored with a header.. Like I said to the other bloke, we all see it differently
Yes, it's all about opinions. :)

But the reality is that he often doesn't even go into the box to defend corners. He's so lacking there that we question if he's got some sort of medical exemption. I'd enjoy a debate about where he stands in the list of our worst big men in the air, but having one about it being a strength makes me think I'm having my leg pulled! :)

Martin Peters could score with his nose

Hopefully he's getting encouraged to shoot like that more often. When he goes for power, he needs too much time and space (partly due to his frame) to really launch it, often resulting in blocks or hurried miskicks.

Shots similar in technique to his hard, low passes would often be enough to avoid blocks and beat keepers if the accuracy is also there.

Last edited:
Starting to be adequately replaced at least. Niakhate, williams, richards, awoniyi and Henderson all look strong additions.

Definite shame to not keep the band together though.

Would berge be the sort for stopping on if a champs league team came knocking (say rb leipzig) or would he want out?
Would Johnson want out at yours in the same scenario?

Scab avenue? So original. You probably weren't even born during the miners strike...

Nothing wrong with honest hard working folk putting food on the table.
But surely you've realised that there is an ethical dilemma in hard working folk putting food on the table at the expense of fellow union members?

The issue was and will always be that of being a union member and taking advantage of the unions collective resources and bargaining power, in terms of salaries, benefits, pensions, safety and general working conditions and then abandoning a union's principal of collective industrial action subsequent to a union members' ballot.

So, that, combined with the flawed approach of 'wanting to keep your cake and eat it', sums up the unprincipled disloyalty of the Nottinghamshire miners that provoked so much long-lived ire from the 80s' miners strike.

That said some Forest individuals maintained their principles...

1657274053495.png

He'd scored about 45 goals in 2 seasons at Champs level. 30 in his last.
And generally, strikers go for more.

Berge was excellent in flashes for parts of one season.
Don’t disagree

The question was find me someone who has gone for more than 30m from the 2nd tier

I guess the silent rule and to make it more relevant to the discussion point, is players that haven't just been relegated...
Or let's just end it and move back to the real world where you and I live - where in a month of Sundays, Berge will not be sold for anywhere near £30M, or probably even half that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom