Thank you Sander

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LewishamBlade

Reaction score
Or Yaya Norway©

Well, if that’s the last time we see him in a United shirt I’ll be sad but begrudgingly accept he deserves to be playing in one of Europe’s top leagues.

After the euphoric signing and fanfare that followed, we had corona lockdowns and he was on his own in a new country. Failed to impress adjusting to the hardest league in the world at such a young age, in the most intricate system, in the midst of a pandemic, I think we can forgive him. Then the following season was our only player who looked like he’d not won a raffle to play up until he tore his hamstring from his bone.

Come to this season where after a staggered start clearly still struggling with that injury recovery, he’s pretty much been a class above whenever he’s fancied it since the turn of the year. Was it not for him along with MGW we would not even have been here today. Given us hope and been our real piece of class from midfield. Added goals to his game, and I hope he’s learned a lot that he can take forward in his career and I hope he has a fucking good one.

What a fucking lad. What a player and always comes across as an utterly polite and impressive young man. A credit to his country and the club, always has been.

I hope he’s also given us a new view on what we should expect from midfielders. Bit of patience and technical ability, pace, to go with the aggression and intensity we always demand goes a long way. Give them time to do their thing.

Thanks for giving us one of the best away games of my lifetime away at Palace Sander, until we meet again… thank you.

Heeeeeee’s Norweigan 🇳🇴 🇳🇴 🇳🇴

Or Yaya Norway©

Well, if that’s the last time we see him in a United shirt I’ll be sad but begrudgingly accept he deserves to be playing in one of Europe’s top leagues.

After the euphoric signing and fanfare that followed, we had corona lockdowns and he was on his own in a new country. Failed to impress adjusting to the hardest league in the world at such a young age, in the most intricate system, in the midst of a pandemic, I think we can forgive him. Then the following season was our only player who looked like he’d not won a raffle to play up until he tore his hamstring from his bone.

Come to this season where after a staggered start clearly still struggling with that injury recovery, he’s pretty much been a class above whenever he’s fancied it since the turn of the year. Was it not for him along with MGW we would not even have been here today. Given us hope and been our real piece of class from midfield. Added goals to his game, and I hope he’s learned a lot that he can take forward in his career and I hope he has a fucking good one.

What a fucking lad. What a player and always comes across as an utterly polite and impressive young man. A credit to his country and the club, always has been.

I hope he’s also given us a new view on what we should expect from midfielders. Bit of patience and technical ability, pace, to go with the aggression and intensity we always demand goes a long way. Give them time to do their thing.

Thanks for giving us one of the best away games of my lifetime away at Palace Sander, until we meet again… thank you.

Heeeeeee’s Norweigan 🇳🇴 🇳🇴 🇳🇴
He was fantastic tonight, best he's played for us, best player on the park by a mile imo. But sadly that's his one great game every 5 games, need to replace him with someone more consistent

It'll be a crime against football if we don't get to see the Berge/MGW/Ndiaye combo again. It's a shame we weren't playing this system all season or we could've walked the league.

Those three definitely rival the legendary Coutts/Fleck/Duffy midfield. I really hope they all feel they have unfinished business here and want to go again next season. Add Bogle and Brewster and we've got a fantastic young attack.

He's a top, top player and seems like a really nice lad. Hopefully the scumbags that robbed his house the other day are caught. If that is to be the last we see of him, then farewell Sander, and all the best. Seemed like a dream when we signed him, still think he'd have gone on to be a superstar for us if not for Covid etc. Hopefully we at least break even on him when he moves on to bigger and better things.

Penalties are stupid. I love Sander. Hope we get what he's worth and use the money to buy twitter or something more realistic like Joe Rothwell and some Oil or something. UTB

If nothing else the last 3 months should see us get our money back at least.

Don't think he's good enough for the Premier league if I'm honest but is probably too good for the championship.

Nobody yet. I might rate him too highly but I reckon we might have offers

It's all down to the owners now - have they even deigned to pass comment today ?

2nd half of the season Berge has been fantastic, if we are to lose him & I think we will I hope to fk the money is reinvested in the team & not smother Ramsdale sale

Berge was again immense last night, I hope we can keep him as that would give me some optimism for next season but losing him and MGW will be gutting. When we signed Berge it was like we had finally moved forward as a club and were on the verge of actually achieving something, when/if we sell him it will be the opposite and back to the old United we all know so well.

It's all down to the owners now - have they even deigned to pass comment today ?
B’Mouth where in the same position last season & went for it with their signings this season. It was a bit all or nothing but paid off.

With Burnley (probably), Watford & Norwich coming down it’s not a great division again. You know that M’boro & West Brom will be up there fighting again but I don’t see anyone as clear favourites

I would be sad to see him go, he's finally found a comfort and consistency in his role and when he goes on a driving run to the byline or cutting across the box for a shot, he's unstoppable. His low crosses have always been constant threat too.

He's been nothing but a model professional and grounded lad, and that's testament to his family and his upbringing.

I think he's grown into this role and he's a classy operator. It would've been interesting to see what could've been with other classy players around him, uninjured.

As for leaving, the point remains - someone has to meet his release clause.

Back
Top Bottom