Thank you for everything Chris Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I applaud and expect nothing less than tough tackles and a fully professional performance from the opposition team after that. But the actions of their striker Vinicius, grabbing Trusty's throat and later elbowing him in the back, were distasteful.

All the best to Bash.
Yes Vinicius could have easily had two yellow cards.

Greatest free transfer in blades history?
Nearly 400 appearances and didn’t cost us a penny to get him in the building.
Let’s keep our fingers crossed that even if we maybe won’t get that 400th run out, another club down the ladder might be lucky enough to see this bloke pull a shirt on for them.

A Sheffield United legend.

An injury like that would be horrendous for young lad to recover from, it’s probably gonna be twice as hard for someone Bash’s age…It might be the last time we see him in a United shirt.

Along with Didsy, Bash is one of my favourite ever Blades. When he was at his best, mates who don't support the Blades used to ask me why I liked him. I'd always say Bash is a solid 6/10 to 7/10 player every game. Solid but unspectacular. Never doing anything to stand out as the best player, but never doing anything to stand out as the worst. Just a solid reliable player. I'd always say that no other teams would be interested in buying Bash, but if he left then our fans would be devastated.

I didn't agree with him getting a new contract last summer as he looked a shadow of his former self last season, much like Fleck, Stevens and Sharp, but I'd never have wanted his Blades career to end this way, nor the way this season is likely to end.

I'll look forward to going to his testimonial.

Awful injury.
I went cold and felt sick seeing it. They won't show the replays on MOTD or the close ups, it was that bad.

Sounds horrible, but it almost looked like his sock was holding it together 🤢

I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think he plays again. Not at his age.

Hopefully he can have 1 more season somewhere in L2 or something.

Get well soon Bash.

Never forget:

b25lY21zOjI0OTk0ZDQyLWUyY2ItNDYzMi04NWZiLTU0NDdmMTg5OWMzNjpmYzI1NGQzOS0zYzQ4LTQyNzgtODdmZC1kYz...jpg

The last one from the League One years. Went from the Atkins era to doing Cruyff turns in Premier League penalty areas.
Fleck is the last one.

Ow

hold on why is it shame on me showing ppl what actually happened not my fault ur part of snowflakes is it how many ppl actually got that pic I’ve had it sent to me loads ok muppet

I don't mind the sharing of the image. Maybe better suited hidden behind a spoiler though, as some people don't need/want to see it.
A spoiler gives them the choice.

A total legend! Get well soon! Can't wait to see Bash at Bramall Lane again. 100% deserved a testimonial and a huge crowd.

Absolutely gutted. A true Legend of The Lane, one of my favourite players to pull on the red & white shirt 😢🔴⚪⚫⚔️

Genuinely upset for the lad, gave everything with a smile on his face, a beer with the fans on many occasions and a proper player that'll go down with booker as a cult hero with the blades..

Get well soon mate.

The stream i had had multiple angles and several replays- The bone completely penetrated the skin and the sock was holding it all together.Horrific.Thats the end of his career at his age. Awful way to end such a great career. The only positive is its happened at very late in his career. What a servant.

I applaud and expect nothing less than tough tackles and a fully professional performance from the opposition team after that. But the actions of their striker Vinicius, grabbing Trusty's throat and later elbowing him in the back, were distasteful.

All the best to Bash.
The elbow was a straight red and I am dumbfounded as to how VAR did not pick this up.

UTB

Gutted for him. Top top bloke.

Blades legend, get better soon!

100% fantastic bloke- not the most technically gifted but WOW what a player for The Blades -thanks for the memories Bash you'll never ever be forgotten.

ABSOLUTE LEGEND - no one and I mean no one has worn that shirt with more pride and passion.

Saw the pictures on twitter. Looks nasty and at his age it's probably the end of his career. Last time I saw an injury as bad as that was Andre Gomes at Everton a few years ago and it took him ages to make a return.

Get well soon Bash.

Jesus. That's the worst injury I can remember seeing to a blades player in a match I was watching live, albeit on telly. Made me wince. Audible gasp from the crowd.

Almost as traumatising as the performance against a team that were there for the taking.

No player deserves that, but if there's one player that deserves it even less than the rest it's Bash.

A player that baffled and wowed us with mind boggling skills, where he always looks like he was about to lose control and then somehow end up with the ball still.

100% effort every game, and someone that made the best of every bit of ability he had to mix it at the highest level and look like he belonged

Was an awful injury, my stream had the replay showing it before I think they realized just how bad it was…absolute club legend and up there as one of my top players of the wilder years, wishing you a speedy recovery bash

Bash you are an absolute legend. Club need to look after you and I hope and expect that there will be a significant role for you either on or off the pitch for years to come at Sheffield United your football home and family. Get well soon mate.

Freak accident. Get well soon.

Back
Top Bottom