Thank you for everything Chris Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Saw the pictures on twitter. Looks nasty and at his age it's probably the end of his career. Last time I saw an injury as bad as that was Andre Gomes at Everton a few years ago and it took him ages to make a return.

Get well soon Bash.
Take your point on age, but Gomes was out for just over 3 months.

There's an outside hope it's a clean dislocation as such, but it's pointless to hope / speculate at this stage.

Take your point on age, but Gomes was out for just over 3 months.

There's an outside hope it's a clean dislocation as such, but it's pointless to hope / speculate at this stage.
Thought Gomes was out for longer than that. My mistake. They should take the pictures off of Twitter tho, they are disturbing to look at and keep popping up on different accounts.

For me, Bash can stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Hagan, Pace, Currie, Woodward, Booker, Deane, Agana etc as a true Blades legend. The word 'legend' is over used and is almost meaningless these days but not in this case. His service to the club has been exemplary, and he had a lot more skill than people gave him credit for. Absolutely gutted for him.

The elbow was a straight red and I am dumbfounded as to how VAR did not pick this up.

UTB
VAR did not pick it up because we've got Sheffield United shirts on, any of the top 10 teams that's a red... Biased and corrupt as fuck..

I’m not sure it’s ever been said on here before but when Basham was 17/18 he was called up to the England College’s team for a tournament in Italy and he was only there because the player he’d replaced had signed pro terms with another club. In that entire squad he was the last player you’d have thought would go on to make a profession out of the game. From that to what he’s gone on to achieve, playing Premier League football with Bolton and Blackpool before dropping down to league 1 with us and working his way back up to the top again. It’s an absolute testament to his determination to make the very most of his abilities. He’s had a lot of negativity from United fans over the years, particularly at the beginning and more recently but I’d like to think that if his time with us is now over (as a player at least) that every single one of us recognises what he’s given for this club. Players like Sharp get the plaudits, as they should, because they score the goals but they need players like Basham to be there behind them.

Having said that, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him playing for us again at some point.

I would be amazed if we see bash before his contract is up other than to wave at us. His injury, his age, his contract status and his performances this year suggest it's time up unfortunately. I hope I am wrong but it was a truly horrific injury and 6 weeks on he's still in a cast!

I wanna / gonna be there when fucker puts the red and white on again and makes his 1st appearance back after injury what a player he’s been for this club . ❤️
Also a great person .We all want to see him in a blades shirt again apart from Leeds fans ha ha. A lovely bloke .

A few years ago now a footballer called Colin Bell played for Man City. His nickname was Nijinsky because of his phenomenal stamina and running ability. Bash reminds me of him. He's not quite as good as Bell was, but what he lacks in technique he more than makes up for in his commitment to the Team. That goal against Leeds will live long in my memory. Hope he gets back, but if he doesn't, well done lad, and all the best for your future

A few years ago now a footballer called Colin Bell played for Man City. His nickname was Nijinsky because of his phenomenal stamina and running ability. Bash reminds me of him. He's not quite as good as Bell was, but what he lacks in technique he more than makes up for in his commitment to the Team. That goal against Leeds will live long in my memory. Hope he gets back, but if he doesn't, well done lad, and all the best for your future

Wilder implying decisions are being based on availability now. I think any player that has been getting repeated injuries might not be offered a new deal.

I think Egan will get a new deal as he has stayed relatively injury free prior to this season.

Wilder possibly waiting to see if Egan has fully recovered and doesn't break down (a la RND), before offering a new contract. Same for George, Oli Mc etc.

Based on Wilders comments I'd be surprised if Baldock and McBurnie are here next season, their bodies are not up to the demands of modern day football
Fit for 4 out for 6 repeat repeat
Think Egan and Basham might get deals, leaders and good injury records before these ones.

Wilder possibly waiting to see if Egan has fully recovered and doesn't break down (a la RND), before offering a new contract. Same for George, Oli Mc etc.

Probably the sort of thinking we should have been doing last summer with the likes of Fleck.

Based on Wilders comments I'd be surprised if Baldock and McBurnie are here next season, their bodies are not up to the demands of modern day football
Fit for 4 out for 6 repeat repeat
Think Egan and Basham might get deals, leaders and good injury records before these ones.

Basham has had niggles and issues prior to this recent injury. I think Basham's age is probably a factor now.

Back
Top Bottom