Thank you for everything Chris Basham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jeez this is horrific. Get well soon Bash . Absolute legend.

12/18 months that one

that looks like tibia poor bloke 12/18 months
Thats going to be his last game, wrong age to be recovering from an injury like that.

I honestly don’t believe I have ever heard a bad word said about Chris Basham 100% given all the time to the best of his ability and that’s not knocking his ability, one of first names on team sheet love the guy
As I’m doing this message we’ve equalised come on you red and white wizards for Bash ⚔️

Speedy recovery Bash, having broken my ankle years ago I hate seeing stuff like that. Top player and person.

The only positive from that garbage was that my stream cut out and I didn't see the injury. I remember the Busst one so I can imagine.

Get well soon, Bash you legend.

A sickening injury to one of our true legends and one of the true nice guys of the game. Strongly suspect we won't see him play for us again now. Gutted.

Don't think I could ever feel worse after a game than I do tonight. This season is shaping up to be a genuine horror show.

Tbh I don’t see bash playing for us or anyone again, hope I’m wrong though. The stream I watched showed the injury far too much it was sickening.

It's a sad end for one of our most dependable players of recent years. He's always been an inspirational player for us and it's highly unlikely that we'll see him playing for us again but I shall always remember him running onto the ball and losing his footing as he scored against Leeds at Elland Road.

I wish him a speedy recovery

Bash may or may not come back from this, but one thing is certain the guy will always be a legend, good luck bash utb....

Bash has been a real star for us and it will be a sad day when he has to call time on his remarkable carear with us, i hope he can recover from this horrific injury, were praying for you chris

Horrible horrible injury. Grim. Awful to see. Poor man. Was very hard to see.

I'm sure he'll be on all the drugs at the hospital now, which is about the only consolation i can take from it.

I also need all the drugs.

Gutted me, absolutely has. Wouldn’t have cared if we’d gone on to win 6-0, it’s ripped my heart out seeing that. Unfortunately I was watching at home and the TV showed it. Fortunately my lad had nipped out for a kickabout with his mates behind our house so didn’t see it. Love Bash. I think we all do. Hopefully he will come back if it’s just the bones. What a servant he’s been. Poor bastard.

Shout to Fulham’s for appreciation of Bash injury and the Fulham fan who bought me a pint pre match in away end . ( This does not include anyone wearing a Buffalo Bills shirt (wtf ! ) and the wanker in their main stand waving fivers at travelling blades fuck me 😔

I applaud and expect nothing less than tough tackles and a fully professional performance from the opposition team after that. But the actions of their striker Vinicius, grabbing Trusty's throat and later elbowing him in the back, were distasteful.

All the best to Bash.

12/18 months that one

that looks like tibia poor bloke 12/18 months

Ambitious assessment if you ask me, both as a former player and a current medical clinician.

It's an obvious fracture, quite probably open fracture. Whilst it looks a fairly clean break, it is one that will require surgical intervention... because positionally it won't align and heal on it's own.

Forget the boney injury, you then have to factor in the ligamental / muscular side of things as well. Unfortunately it's a freak, yet career limiting injury in my own opinion. I hope I am wrong, I genuinely do..... but I don't anticipate any sort of recovery that would enable him to play at the same levels again.

Bash is a proper professional and I genuinely hope that I am wrong, i really do..... But that injury is nasty, extremely nasty! As Mr Sheffield United, a servant of the club for near a decade..... my only hope is that he is looked after, not only in terms of treatment, but mental first aid as well.... he's got quite a road of recovery ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom