Gone Elsewhere Teemu Pukki

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does he still have pace? I remember watching him warming up when we drew 2-2 with Norwich and being very impressed with the quality of his finishing, but it’s always been his speed playing right up to the last defender that bought him goals. I would much rather see Archer or Iheanacho (probably can’t meet his wages though).

Id be gutted if we signed this bloke. May aswell keep Billy Sharp if we want a slow older striker.

BUMP

Pukki would be our best striker if we signed him IMO

He’s certainly no Finnish

It was said again on the wireless this morning, any team that wants to survive in the Prem needs a striker who can score 12 to 15 in a season....we don't have that, possibly with the exception of Ndaiye, but it remains to be seen whether a) he stays or b) whether, (dare I say it) he is as effective at Prem level...

Not aimed at you but that's another lazy journalist statement, along with the 40 points for survival (34 has generally been enough in the last 10 years). 9 of the 20 top flight teams have a top scorer on 10 or fewer and the only teams in the bottom half with a top scorer in that 12-15 bracket are Leeds and Leicester, both of whom are in the relegation zone. What really makes the difference is the defence.

Top scorers (top scoring forward in italics if different):
  1. Man City: Haaland 36
  2. Arsenal: Martinelli/Ødegaard 15
  3. Newcastle: WIlson 18
  4. Man U: Rashford 16
  5. Liverpool: Salah 19
  6. Brighton: Mac Allister 10; Ferguson/Welbeck 6
  7. Aston Villa: Watkins 14
  8. Spurs: Kane 28
  9. Brentford: Toney 20
  10. Fulham: Mitrović 14
  11. Palace: Eze 10
  12. Chelsea: Havertz 7
  13. Wolves: Podence 6
  14. West Ham: Benrahma 6*
  15. Bournemouth: Billing 7; Solanke 6
  16. Forest: Awoniyi 9
  17. Everton: McNeil 7
  18. Leicester: Barnes 12
  19. Leeds: Rodrigo 13
  20. Southampton: Ward-Prowse 8; Adams 5

Not aimed at you but that's another lazy journalist statement, along with the 40 points for survival (34 has generally been enough in the last 10 years). 9 of the 20 top flight teams have a top scorer on 10 or fewer and the only teams in the bottom half with a top scorer in that 12-15 bracket are Leeds and Leicester, both of whom are in the relegation zone. What really makes the difference is the defence.

Top scorers (top scoring forward in italics if different):
  1. Man City: Haaland 36
  2. Arsenal: Martinelli/Ødegaard 15
  3. Newcastle: WIlson 18
  4. Man U: Rashford 16
  5. Liverpool: Salah 19
  6. Brighton: Mac Allister 10; Ferguson/Welbeck 6
  7. Aston Villa: Watkins 14
  8. Spurs: Kane 28
  9. Brentford: Toney 20
  10. Fulham: Mitrović 14
  11. Palace: Eze 10
  12. Chelsea: Havertz 7
  13. Wolves: Podence 6
  14. West Ham: Benrahma 6*
  15. Bournemouth: Billing 7; Solanke 6
  16. Forest: Awoniyi 9
  17. Everton: McNeil 7
  18. Leicester: Barnes 12
  19. Leeds: Rodrigo 13
  20. Southampton: Ward-Prowse 8; Adams 5

Only repeating what I heard of course.

Suppose a lot depends how many you are letting in at the other end!

8-10 goals is the area to aim for and should be manageable

If that player is also a good athlete and link up player then you've done very well

Watching Pukk playing for Finland in Helsinki, looks quick, still got the skill and ability, think he would be a good signing for us.

Given how skint we are, I think we'd be silly not to. Direct replacement for Sharp and has a better PL record.
One you'd expect could do a job next season if we're in the Championship too.

Whilst we're at it, going out and picking up Ryan Manning on a free to replace Enda Stevens is surely a no-brainer...

Couple of frees that improve us in the short-term and build a bit of future resilience and players that PH and his team will know.

Given how skint we are, I think we'd be silly not to. Direct replacement for Sharp and has a better PL record.

Whilst we're at it, going out and picking up Ryan Manning on a free to replace Enda Stevens is surely a no-brainer...

Couple of frees that improve us in the short-term and build a bit of future resilience and players that PH and his team will know.
Surprised manning isn't announced anywhere yet
Pick of the frees along with pukki

Watching Pukk playing for Finland in Helsinki, looks quick, still got the skill and ability, think he would be a good signing for us.
Where do they play? HJK stadium on astro? Or did they finally redo the Olympic stadium?

Got two assists, played well.

with no other rumours about strikers coming in i wonder as well if its already a done deal tailed off at norwich last season but i was impressed with him in the first half of the 2 - 2 draw at the lane last season his movement was outstanding and ran egan ragged for 45 minutes

My mate who is a season ticket holder at Carrow Road says Pukki isnt the same as he was. Would be a waste of wages for us.

Back
Top Bottom