Team vs Villa?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I feel this could be our toughest challenge, out of all the top 6 these lot not only have the quality but the sheer grit to steamroller teams, just the sort we will get shown up by, not looking forward to this try and keep it a respect 3-0….

Let them go 3 up then with the help of wank goalkeeping and sloppy last minute defending we draw 3-3 then when on the train back to brum shock early leaving blades with the result !
( this actually happened but in reverse )
Who were the blades on the train ? James bolam and Rodney bewes? Almost entirely impossible to leave a game early at 3-0 presumably get to the train station get on the train and not know the result , unless it was 1973

Wes
Baldock. Anel. JLT. Trusty
Hamer. Souza. Osborn
Mcatee. McB. Archer

Rest Bogle, Norwood and Brooks for the Luton game where we’ll have much more of the ball.

A game like this 4 days before a make or break six pointer against is perfect for Osborn.

Wouldn’t be against resting Mcatee for Luton and starting Slimane in the hole behind a front two of Acher and McB.

They are confident
StrogMentor

Strog

Posted yesterday at 17:53
If we are on form, we will hammer them.

Experienced

troon_villan

Posted yesterday at 20:22
One of the biggest fattest W's in Premier League history.
Christmas cancelled for one half of Sheffield.

foreveryoungGrand Master

foreveryoung

Posted yesterday at 20:25
A must win.
🤣

To be fair, we are gonna lose our home run soon. But I cannot see these mugs taking it.

Wes
Baldock. Anel. JLT. Trusty
Hamer. Souza. Osborn
Mcatee. McB. Archer

Rest Bogle, Norwood and Brooks for the Luton game where we’ll have much more of the ball.

A game like this 4 days before a make or break six pointer against is perfect for Osborn.

Wouldn’t be against resting Mcatee for Luton and starting Slimane in the hole behind a front two of Acher and McB.
McAtee gets a rest for city game.

I feel this could be our toughest challenge, out of all the top 6 these lot not only have the quality but the sheer grit to steamroller teams, just the sort we will get shown up by, not looking forward to this try and keep it a respect 3-0….

Sadly I think you could be right. Can see us getting rinsed by them.

Is Archer clear to play, i.e. with the deal we have with Villa?
Archer is a Blades player so he can play. It is only players on loan who can't play. It is also against FA rules to stipulate in a player's contract that he can't play against certain teams.

All Villa needed was a decent manager. Dean Smith, Bruce and Gerrard were there last 3. The owners have put in the money and have high expectations. Think they’ll be in the top 4.

doesnt matter what team we put out were gonna get battered fearing another 5 - 0 defeat again friday night

If either Ahmedhodzic, Bogle, Hamer or Osula get booked; they’re banned for the Luton game.
May that play into Wilder’s thinking at all?
I don’t think Hamer will start for this reason. Difficult to do the same with Anel due to a lack of defenders and the other two have adequate cover so doesn’t need managing.

If either Ahmedhodzic, Bogle, Hamer or Osula get booked; they’re banned for the Luton game.
May that play into Wilder’s thinking at all?
yes it might do were getting nothing at villa park anyway just a matter of keeping the score down luton is the big one we have to win on boxing day to have any hope of staying up

They owe us 3 points for the 'ghost' goal.

Quite possibly if our goal counted they wouldn't have won the game and stayed up. Therefore they'd now be rotting in L1 and not winning the PL.

Reactions: MKY
This one is set up for Archer to steal the show. If he wants Villa to come back and save him from the Premier league plug hole…This is a big game for him.

I remember a game not long ago a team needing a win to go top of the league versus a team with just one win upto then , dec 2012, united v hartlepool , for this one game only i hope history repeats its self with the underdog winning, the pressure to get the top spot will weigh heavy on them. Also until the sending off brentford were the better side and villa looked lethargic. United to win and we have a wonderful christmas

I must say I kinda fancied us to get something at Chelsea away last week.

I really don't on Friday night. Stranger things have happened but they know that if they perform they will win. And go top of the league even if it's only for a day.
Sure they might underestimate or bottle it a bit, but we would still need to perform very well even in that situation given Villa are really flying now.

It's going to be like it is against any of the top teams for us this season, it's a case of keeping shape, trying to break/create opportunities when we do have the ball and get through different stages of the game. Are we level or ahead after 20mins, 45, 60, 75, 90 etc. and react or keep disciplined accordingly. Will be the same sort of deal vs City away too.

I didnt fancy us when we went there and went 3-0 up, then we blew it in the last 10 minutes to draw 3-3

we just need the first 45 at chelsea last a full 90 minutes, be nice

Back
Top Bottom