Team v. West Brom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well after hearing Slav saying on radio this morning that Ramsdale wants to go to Arsenal I'd be starting Verrips in goal tonight. Stick to what the players know 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2
Verrips
Baldock
basham
Egan
Davies
Norrington Davis
Berge
Norwood
Osborn
Brewster
McBurnie

Slight tweak from me, now its official with Davies!

Basham to good to leave out, will help defensively, allowing Berge freedom to go forward.

Need Fleck to find some form.

RND over Osborn to squeeze a little more height out of the defence.

Jebbo just a personal pick, want to see something different. Bit of a surprise factor.

View attachment 118984
I like that line up

Jebbison and Smith both played for u23s yesterday so surprised if they make the squad, although smith scored 2 and missed a pen

Something like this for me please Slav:
Rambo
Baldock Egan Davis RND
Bogle Berge Bash Osborn
Brewster Mcburnie

Rambo
Bash Egan Davis
Baldock Berge Osborn RND
Bogle. Brewster McBurnie

Something like this for me please Slav:
Rambo
Baldock Egan Davis RND
Bogle Berge Bash Osborn
Brewster Mcburnie

Rambo
Bash Egan Davis
Baldock Berge Osborn RND
Bogle. Brewster McBurnie
Looks good, only reservation for me, is Bash in midfield, I love the guy to bits, but and it's a bit unfair to judge on the odd game (Palace away last year) it looks like you lose the best bits of his game, and don't get much if a gain.
Having said that, alongside Berge, it would allow one to sit one to push on, take it in turns, not relying on one to do the running, making it easier for the opposition knowing its the same runner every time

Looks good, only reservation for me, is Bash in midfield, I love the guy to bits, but and it's a bit unfair to judge on the odd game (Palace away last year) it looks like you lose the best bits of his game, and don't get much if a gain.
Having said that, alongside Berge, it would allow one to sit one to push on, take it in turns, not relying on one to do the running, making it easier for the opposition knowing its the same runner every time
I'm not sure about Bash there either. I think he's the best equipt to mop up infront of the back 4 and he gives us the option to switch to a back 3. I thought picking McBurnie ahead of Mcgoldrick would be the controversial one

I'm not sure about Bash there either. I think he's the best equipt to mop up infront of the back 4 and he gives us the option to switch to a back 3. I thought picking McBurnie ahead of Mcgoldrick would be the controversial one
It's tricky, for me Bash has been a lot better at effecting a game in defence than midfield, obviously the team structure and instructions play a huge part but, and my memory might be off, he made more forward, creative runs from defence than he did in midfield.
I think Mcgoldrick needs a rest, would have been happy for him to have been swapped for Osborn at Swansea, switched Brewster to the middle with McB and even kept Burke on the right, than the changes we did see

True probably 6 nil
I’m still intrigued as to what you would play with this shower of a team?

You must agree its time to drop Didzy and Norwood?

At least 4-3-3 with Bash in midfield would allow some fluidity if we wanted to change from a back 4 to a 3?

Slavs lineup last night was beyond bizarre, we knew they would use set pieces and bombard box with long throws. Mcburnie and RND would have helped in these situations.

We all knew WBA would have a high press, yet we start we our oldest strikers with no pace.

Agree its hard to pick a good starting XI, but most suggestions in this thread trump the selection we saw last night.

Back
Top Bottom